Super Bowl LVII

Kansas Football.
Deleted User 863

Re: Super Bowl LVII

Post by Deleted User 863 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:53 pm Yeah a solid 7.5/10.

No guests. She put out banger after banger. While pregnant. On floating stages.

And her first song was "Bitch better have my money" Just great.

There wasn't much "show" which is why I dropped it a point or two. But for pure substance, just a damn solid performance.
For sure.

Non pregnant Rihanna likely has a lot more dancing going on. And way less clothes.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:47 am
KUTradition wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:38 pm
Feral wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:36 pm

No kidding. His "interview" of Reid was bad.
the cheap shots at Reid’s size admittedly bothered me
i know he’s old, but c’mon…

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nfl ... jpbwpigifs
Wow, reading that, Bradshaw was an even bigger jerk than I remembered. Years ago, based on his "style" and how little I liked him, I wondered if his justa good ol' boy schtick wasn't enhanced by what I suspected was a touch of CTE?

Tweets in response:

Is there anything less rewarding than winning a Super Bowl and then having to be interviewed by Terry Bradshaw?

Terry Bradshaw is embarrassing on a good day. The postgame tonight should be the last time we ever see him. He was insulting and ridiculous.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

The Fox show blows compared to any other show. Bunch of old dudes. CBS' oldest guy is like the 4th oldest guy on FOX. NBC has Tony Dungy and he's a complete buffoon but the crew as a whole is mostly fine.

Fox has lost a lot of steam in the NFL broadcasting world. Their lead broadcast team is fine but inexperienced. The pregame show stinks. They need to shuffle a lot of stuff around. Menefee, Strahan, Long and Glazer are fine. Jimmy Johnson and Terry Bradshaw need to be gone.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Funny, all those dudes on the pregame show picked the Eagles.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

dolomite wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:37 pm Funny, all those dudes on the pregame show picked the Eagles.
The pundits didn't praise the Chiefs much after the win either.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:02 pm The Fox show blows compared to any other show. Bunch of old dudes. CBS' oldest guy is like the 4th oldest guy on FOX. NBC has Tony Dungy and he's a complete buffoon but the crew as a whole is mostly fine.

Fox has lost a lot of steam in the NFL broadcasting world. Their lead broadcast team is fine but inexperienced. The pregame show stinks. They need to shuffle a lot of stuff around. Menefee, Strahan, Long and Glazer are fine. Jimmy Johnson and Terry Bradshaw need to be gone.
Bradshaw showed up in Hesston, Kansas in the late summer in the late '60s working for a cable company installing cable conduit in Harvey County. Our high school football team used to practice at the Hesston College soccer field on summer evenings. Imagine our surprise when Terry Bradshaw walks on the field and asks if he can have a catch with us. We ended up playing some eight man flag football and it was a hell of a lot of fun. He was great then, but over the last 15 or 20 years I've realized what a dick he is.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

That clinches it for me.

It was a good penalty call.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Psychhawk

Post by Psychhawk »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:12 pm
That clinches it for me.

It was a good penalty call.
I agree. And, it would have been a foul if Lebron got a hand on his back and missed a game winning opportunity.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Maybe you delete that embarrassing tweet LeBron. Itd be your only embarrassing one you’d have to delete so far.
Deleted User 863

Did anyone notice Hurts blew off the post game handshake with Mahomes? I didn't realize it happened, but just read something about it.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Eh.
Sportsmanship after huge games like these is overrated.
People get all involved in emotion and come back to earth later.
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:19 pm Eh.
I get it. Not a big deal.

But at the same time, Mahomes would have walked across the field and shook his hand if Philly won.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Sure.
I don’t know what Hurts said after the game but if questioned and he manned up and admitted that he shoulda shaken Mahomes hand and gave him props then all is good.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Two comments in relation to the most recent posts on here.

I am not excusing Hurts for not congratulating Mahomes on the field. I feel that was wrong.
That being said, the two guys have a lot of respect for each other and I don't know who initiated it but they met in the tunnel after the game.

Yes, Bradshaw may have gone too far but.... He was busting chops. That's what Bradshaw and many former NFL players do. Seems Reid didn't really have a problem with it.
Did anyone posting negative things about Bradshaw in this thread have a problem with him in 2020 and comment about him then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnjXzZzrLOk
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

How was your burger, fries, potatoes and garlic onion pizza?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:51 am How was your burger, fries, potatoes and garlic onion pizza?
Fantastic. Thanks for asking! Had bacon on the pizza too.
I hope you enjoyed your meal - and had a painless "commute".
Only negative of the day was I didn't win any squares and I didn't win the prop pool. Got 19 of 31 right (entry name I used was Gradey Dick). Winner had 23 of 31.

Moving on.....
I had a very brief dream last night that I was in Vegas for LVIII. Not in the stadium but wandering outside it.
I hope I don't jinx it but fans I saw walking around were Chiefs fans and a team that had fans wearing blue - but it wasn't the Bears nor the Seahawks. Maybe the Cowboys? Giants? Rams? Panthers? Lions?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

You know it’s a dream if it was the Cowboys.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:16 pm
pdub wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:19 pm Eh.
I get it. Not a big deal.

But at the same time, Mahomes would have walked across the field and shook his hand if Philly won.
This reminds me of one of the most personally eye-rollingy things that has ever been associated with Mahomes, being Brady's ridiculously condescending trip to the Chiefs locker room after the Dee Ford game.

Fuck off, Tom, you're not wanted here.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

It may even make me appreciate Mahomes even more for, when he was in the same position as Hurts 2 years ago, just walked up to Brady and shook his hand and said “congrats, you’re a legend.”