Site Admin

Re: Super Bowl LVII

Post by pdub »

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

LOL
Deleted User 863

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That’s petty AF, days after the SB.
Let’s sign Allen Lazard and call it a day.
Deleted User 863

That's JuJu.
lwh69ku

Post by lwh69ku »

Feral wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:44 pm
KUTradition wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:47 am
KUTradition wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:38 pm
the cheap shots at Reid’s size admittedly bothered me
i know he’s old, but c’mon…

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nfl ... jpbwpigifs
Wow, reading that, Bradshaw was an even bigger jerk than I remembered. Years ago, based on his "style" and how little I liked him, I wondered if his justa good ol' boy schtick wasn't enhanced by what I suspected was a touch of CTE?

Tweets in response:

Is there anything less rewarding than winning a Super Bowl and then having to be interviewed by Terry Bradshaw?

Terry Bradshaw is embarrassing on a good day. The postgame tonight should be the last time we ever see him. He was insulting and ridiculous.
“I got a mushroom and sausage pizza… and a salad just to make my chubbiness feel good.” Andy doesn’t seem to have much problem joking about being big.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I have much respect for Mama and both her sons. This is great stuff.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/stat ... 4294303746
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Eagles loose the Super Bowl and then, within a few days, loose both offensive and defensive coordinators.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:09 am Eagles loose the Super Bowl and then, within a few days, loose both offensive and defensive coordinators.
It's always popular to say teams like the Eagles will be back. And on the surface level, sure, why not. But the degree of difficulty goes up: you need Hurts to be at least this good again, as he gets more expensive and as the pieces around him fall off (and draft position deteriorates).
kubowler99

Post by kubowler99 »

And 7 defensive starters are free agents.

Bengals, Jags, and Chargers all should extend their QBs from rookie contracts as well.

Niners need to figure out what they're doing at QB next year.

Bills/Allen regressed this year and have holes to fill on defense.

This offseason will be interesting, to say the least.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Eagles have the 10th pick thanks to a trade with New Orleans and then the 30th pick. They're in position to get 2 impact players for 5 years.

Wouldn't be surprised if they try to sign Hurts this offseason and just get it over with before he has the potential for another nuclear season.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:25 am Eagles have the 10th pick thanks to a trade with New Orleans and then the 30th pick. They're in position to get 2 impact players for 5 years.

Wouldn't be surprised if they try to sign Hurts this offseason and just get it over with before he has the potential for another nuclear season.
I guess I see it differently. He's small, takes a lot of hits and already has an injury history at the NFL level. I think you probably get through one more year (if possible) before committing a big contract; I don't think him performing at this level for another year really increases what he can reasonably ask for (which, already, is top-of-market money).
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

Also sounds like the NFL competition committee is likely to put a ban on 3 or more players pushing the QB forward on a sneak, so we'll see how that changes the way Hurts/the Eagles play, haha.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

lwh69ku wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:52 pm
Feral wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:44 pm
KUTradition wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:47 am
i know he’s old, but c’mon…

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nfl ... jpbwpigifs
Wow, reading that, Bradshaw was an even bigger jerk than I remembered. Years ago, based on his "style" and how little I liked him, I wondered if his justa good ol' boy schtick wasn't enhanced by what I suspected was a touch of CTE?

Tweets in response:

Is there anything less rewarding than winning a Super Bowl and then having to be interviewed by Terry Bradshaw?

Terry Bradshaw is embarrassing on a good day. The postgame tonight should be the last time we ever see him. He was insulting and ridiculous.
“I got a mushroom and sausage pizza… and a salad just to make my chubbiness feel good.” Andy doesn’t seem to have much problem joking about being big.
lol

you don’t see a difference between Andy poking fun of himself and ANYONE else poking fun at him, especially in that particular time and place?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:30 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:25 am Eagles have the 10th pick thanks to a trade with New Orleans and then the 30th pick. They're in position to get 2 impact players for 5 years.

I guess I see it differently. He's small, takes a lot of hits and already has an injury history at the NFL level. I think you probably get through one more year (if possible) before committing a big contract; I don't think him performing at this level for another year really increases what he can reasonably ask for (which, already, is top-of-market money).
Every year they wait, the contract that Hurts will require gets bigger. Cincy is going to be working on Burrow's contract this offseason, which is going to be huge.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:17 am
pdub wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:09 am Eagles loose the Super Bowl and then, within a few days, loose both offensive and defensive coordinators.
It's always popular to say teams like the Eagles will be back. And on the surface level, sure, why not. But the degree of difficulty goes up: you need Hurts to be at least this good again, as he gets more expensive and as the pieces around him fall off (and draft position deteriorates).
People don't give enough credit to how important it is to have continuity in your coaching staff. It's not a coincidence that both KU and the Chiefs have unprecedented runs going while also enjoying the rare luxury of not losing any key coordinators/assistant coaches. It seems pretty rare to make one Super Bowl and not lose a coordinator, let alone to make 3 in 4 years and still retain both coordinators.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:02 am

Every year they wait, the contract that Hurts will require gets bigger. Cincy is going to be working on Burrow's contract this offseason, which is going to be huge.
Top-of-the-market will increase incrementally. I think (in the Eagles' position) that incremental risk is an acceptable price to pay for making Hurts prove it/stay healthy for at least another season.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:09 am
twocoach wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:02 am

Top-of-the-market will increase incrementally. I think (in the Eagles' position) that incremental risk is an acceptable price to pay for making Hurts prove it/stay healthy for at least another season.
Hurts was dropping dimes all over the place in the Super Bowl. They are dumb not to invest in him now. "Staying healthy" is mostly out of a player's control. Nothing to prove there.