Post by pdub »

Mahomes.
L E G E N D.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: SUPERBOWL CHAMPS

Post by KUTradition »

Mahomes with the Willis Reed story line, but better
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

1st double MVP since Warner?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Already bought my "locker room" hat.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

pdub wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:29 pm 1st double MVP since Warner?
Yes. Philly is losing its mind. I mean they won most of the 50-50s. And the fumble TD
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I’d like to mention, there’s a greater chance we are better next year than worse at this point.

If Andy returns, all our overachieving rookies are better and we have a lot more draft capital.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:48 pm I’d like to mention, there’s a greater chance we are better next year than worse at this point.

If Andy returns, all our overachieving rookies are better and we have a lot more draft capital.
Chiefs are set up great for the next 3-4 years.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Champions
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:24 pm Mahomes with the Willis Reed story line, but better
You must be older than I thought.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:48 pm I’d like to mention, there’s a greater chance we are better next year than worse at this point.

Yep, the Chiefs are in a really good place. Curious to see what they do at WR this offseason. Not sure if they resign JuJu or if he takes a bigger contract to go elsewhere. The free agents WR class this year is pretty underwhelming; JuJu seems to be the best available player at the position right now.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Post your links to any Super Bowl champs gear you find that is good. Not sure what I am looking for yet other than an SI Commemorative Edition or something similar to frame and hang but I wouldn't mind picking up a few things to celebrate the big win.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Feral wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:24 am
KUTradition wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:24 pm Mahomes with the Willis Reed story line, but better
likely not…but for a long time i was quite the sports junky

then science polluted my brain
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:54 am

Reed retired in '74, is why I said that.
Anand Giridharadas
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:53 am Post your links to any Super Bowl champs gear you find that is good. Not sure what I am looking for yet other than an SI Commemorative Edition or something similar to frame and hang but I wouldn't mind picking up a few things to celebrate the big win.
Chiefs website is good. Free shipping too. Probably going to get my boys something and then something for basement downstairs. Hang it on a wall.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

twocoach wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:53 am Post your links to any Super Bowl champs gear you find that is good. Not sure what I am looking for yet other than an SI Commemorative Edition or something similar to frame and hang but I wouldn't mind picking up a few things to celebrate the big win.
^^^

I ended up with some stuff from our National Championship last year that I'll likely never wear, because it's so cheap...looking, not $.
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Feral wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:57 am
KUTradition wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:54 am

Reed retired in '74, is why I said that.
I wasnt born until 72 and I know all about Willis Reed. Being a sports junkie is enough for that specific situation.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:58 am
Chiefs website is good. Free shipping too. Probably going to get my boys something and then something for basement downstairs. Hang it on a wall.
There will be some good custom artwork getting cranked out the next few weeks for sure.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I didn't really get anything for Super Bowl LIV when they beat the 49ers. A shirt and a poster for my oldest. I just think I was so emotional about the entire thing, that I didn't need anything.

This Super Bowl was such an "F You" Super Bowl team though that I HAVE to get something. From the Bills being anointed early, from the Raiders, Chargers and Broncos all thinking they made moves to dethrone KC in the AFC West, to Hill being traded and people saying Mahomes didn't have a chance to replicate because Hill did so much for the offense, to the Bengals and "Burrowhead" and more.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:10 am I didn't really get anything for Super Bowl LIV when they beat the 49ers. A shirt and a poster for my oldest. I just think I was so emotional about the entire thing, that I didn't need anything.

This Super Bowl was such an "F You" Super Bowl team though that I HAVE to get something. From the Bills being anointed early, from the Raiders, Chargers and Broncos all thinking they made moves to dethrone KC in the AFC West, to Hill being traded and people saying Mahomes didn't have a chance to replicate because Hill did so much for the offense, to the Bengals and "Burrowhead" and more.
Agreed. When the offseason was the Broncos getting Russell Wilson, the Chargers getting Khalil Mack and the Raiders getting Davante Adams while the Chiefs traded away Tyreek Hill, the feeling was definitely not "The Chiefs will win the Super Bowl".

The last one was very "I never thought I'd see the Chiefs win a Super Bowl" to now this one just being exciting to see that the organization is really setting themselves up for an elite multi-year run. What a time.