SUPERBOWL CHAMPS

Kansas Football.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: SUPERBOWL CHAMPS

Post by Sparko »

I am a little leeryof going too hard on Chief's gear after wearing the Thomas jersey in the 90s. And Bono. But what a ride.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Sparko wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:22 am I am a little leeryof going too hard on Chief's gear after wearing the Thomas jersey in the 90s. And Bono. But what a ride.
Just a t-shirt for me plus whatever collectibles/wall stuff I get. I may break down and buy a Mahomes jersey to frame and hang as well, not sure about that one yet.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Feral wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:57 am
KUTradition wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:54 am
Feral wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:24 am

You must be older than I thought.
likely not…but for a long time i was quite the sports junky

then science polluted my brain
Reed retired in '74, is why I said that.
oh i get it…he was long before my time
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

If anyone else is interested in the SI Commemorative Edition: https://orderprint.si.com/super_bowl_lvii
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

pdub wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:48 pm I’d like to mention, there’s a greater chance we are better next year than worse at this point.

If Andy returns, all our overachieving rookies are better and we have a lot more draft capital.
Rewatching highlights, I’m really impressed with Pacheco, his ability to get through/around the defense, his speed, Chiefs found a real jewel when they drafted him. Can’t wait till next season.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I just don’t think JuJu is that good enough to where we’d want to overpay. Could we get Allen Lazard? I like Kendrick Bourne a lot.

The dream of course would be somehow swindling Tee Higgins to KC.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

And Pacheco was a steal.
Late 2nd/3rd round value in the 7th.
You could almost say that about Jaylen Watson too.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:03 pm I just don’t think JuJu is that good enough to where we’d want to overpay. Could we get Allen Lazard? I like Kendrick Bourne a lot.

The dream of course would be somehow swindling Tee Higgins to KC.
Hard to know what sort of money he's expecting. I wouldn't pay Christian Kirk money for him (but I think that probably is the baseline now for a B/B+ guy).
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think that’s what it’s take.
And he’d be elite here.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:30 pm I think that’s what it’s take.
And he’d be elite here.
Whoops. I think JuJu thinks he's worth Christian Kirk's contract. I would not give JuJu Christian Kirk's contract.

I think Higgins will get much more.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I sign juju. I find a way to keep Frank too. Plenty of draft picks coming.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:45 pm
And he’d be elite here.
Whoops. I think JuJu thinks he's worth Christian Kirk's contract. I would not give JuJu Christian Kirk's contract.

Oh, if JuJu is after a Kirk contract, you let him go.

There hasn’t been enough there recently, including this year, for that.

This to me is more Mahomes making the player than reverse. Kelce is the reverse/equal. Tyreek too.

The only other guy in our team that catches passes in that category is Toney, for 20 percent of the season when he’s healthy.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Also, Tyreek, when you read this, you coulda had another ring and maybe 3 million dollars less this season. So still like 26 mill but a title.

Hope all is good.
Mahomes is a champion.
Your QB may never play again.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:00 pm
jfish26 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:45 pm
And he’d be elite here.

Oh, if JuJu is after a Kirk contract, you let him go.

There hasn’t been enough there recently, including this year, for that.

This to me is more Mahomes making the player than reverse. Kelce is the reverse/equal. Tyreek too.

The only other guy in our team that catches passes in that category is Toney, for 20 percent of the season when he’s healthy.
I agree 100%. It's also the case that the Chiefs are now firmly in the "wait, we signed WHO for $4mm?" phase of things. There is simply no need to overextend at WR.

(Also - there's something in Justyn Ross.)
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

For those wanting some out of the ordinary Chiefs gear. This guy is from KCK, went to KCAI and then to Denver painting murals for several years. Back in KC now starting a family somewhere affordable. This is ozone way around the licensing issue, translate everything into Spanish.

http://www.dinkc.com

http://www.dinkc.com/store/c12/CLOTHES.html
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

If you want to watch the Chiefs parade starting at 10am: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCh7vr020Tc
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

In other words…took the Eagles’ best shot (offensively anyway).

https://twitter.com/jessenewell/status/ ... QfdzwDYxjg
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Big crowd at the parade today. Quinton Lucas, Laura Kelly and Mike Parson all came thru in the back of trucks in that order. The bus with Mahomes on the top was last. He held up his MVP trophy and was wearing that big wrestling belt. Creed Humphrey had commandeered a golf cart and was zipping up and down Grand circling the buses. A bunch of the players got off the buses and were walking the street giving high fives to the crowd. Kansas City had a good day today.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:54 pm In other words…took the Eagles’ best shot (offensively anyway).

https://twitter.com/jessenewell/status/ ... QfdzwDYxjg
Hurts was fantastic for the vast majority of the game. KC was just a little better that day. Every part of the team did a little something to help KC get over the top. Offense, defense, special teams, coaching. Everyone had a hand in this victory.