Bieniemy

Kansas Football.
KUTradition
Contributor

Bieniemy

Post by KUTradition »

off to the Commanders as the new H.C…uh, never mind…O.C.?

wtf

to get out of Reid’s shadow?

to walk away from the likelihood of continued success and more SBs?

was he that unhappy in KC?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Bieniemy

Post by Sparko »

Needed to get out of Andy's shadow. Has full run now. And asst head coach. We will see if that helps.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

"and a pay raise".

"But he was not the primary playcaller on coach Andy Reid's staff. In Washington, Bieniemy will be in complete charge of the offense and call plays".

"Bieniemy was not under contract with the Chiefs for 2023".

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/356 ... c-bieniemy
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think there were issues between him, Andy and Mahomes. I think Nagy was brought in with the understanding he’d have a higher position in the offense very soon.

Good for him.
Wanted him to get a head coaching job though.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I'm old enough to remember when he took a piss on our campus and tried to beat up a KU cop -- or something....
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

McCoy has some vindictiveness towards certain guys in the Chiefs org but I'm guessing there's truth in there.

The debacle with the Bengals last season, I believe, was the last straw. I think Bienemy wanted more leverage, got in a spat with Reid and Mahomes at the end of the first, there was bickering and it fucked with our system, and that was it.

We hired Nagy but couldn't let go of Bienemy.
Bienemy needed to leave on his own accord.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:45 am McCoy has some vindictiveness towards certain guys in the Chiefs org but I'm guessing there's truth in there.

The debacle with the Bengals last season, I believe, was the last straw. I think Bienemy wanted more leverage, got in a spat with Reid and Mahomes at the end of the first, there was bickering and it fucked with our system, and that was it.

We hired Nagy but couldn't let go of Bienemy.
Bienemy needed to leave on his own accord.
Reminds me of a situation my wife is having with a student. Parent calls, claims that the kid is upset because "she doesn't treat me like everyone else". Wife responds that she is the only one of the kids in the core group who isn't doing their part in the coach-student relationship; she's lazy, doesn't try, skips days, fakes injuries, lies about her participation in workout programs my wife coordinated with a trainer, etc...of course she is treated differently, she is behaving differently.

McCoy probably felt left out of the "in" crowd in KC because he didn't do the work necessary to be a bigger part of the offense. His ego was bigger than his effort level from what I have heard. So I am not surprised if he personally didn't have a great relationship with Bienemy. He seems to prefer guys who put in the work and who behave as part of the team. If that guy is calling you out then you're probably doing things right.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:52 pm off to the Commanders as the new H.C…uh, never mind…O.C.?

wtf

to get out of Reid’s shadow?

to walk away from the likelihood of continued success and more SBs?

was he that unhappy in KC?
Reid will always get the credit for the offensive mastermind. Does Bienemy have some sort of offputting conversational style that comes through negatively in interviews and this whole "we think it's Reid, not Bienemy, behind Mahomes Magic, is just the most polite way of not hiring him? I don't know. The whole situation is weird when you consider how many people get HC jobs that they have not earned in any way shape or form. Some guys are just better at managing to talk someone into believing that they deserve a job they aren't qualified for. Quite honestly, I wasn't qualified to have the job I currently have when I was hired. Still not sure how I talked them into hiring me but it has worked out for both myself and my employer.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Shady can kick rocks. His washed up, bum ass mad because he got rightfully benched.

Everything I had heard this was going to be his last year with KC.

EB is complex. Because he is Black he has to be flawless to get a HC job but whether right or wrong he already has strikes going into interviews. So you mix that with his own personal coaching style and you can connect the dots as to why he took what some would consider a lateral raise.

He gets a chance to get out on his own, pay raise and title promotion. I’m sure he is disappointed that it isn’t a HC job but he isn’t the type to make excuses. He will be just fine.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I am also disappointed.
Was hoping for that 3rd round comp pick.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

There is an art to being an OC under Reid. It is a learning experience more than a leadership one, which I am sure is frustrating. But EB will be Okay.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:12 am I am also disappointed.
My recollection is he added an Assistant Head Coach title - if so, is that enough?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:01 am Shady can kick rocks. His washed up, bum ass mad because he got rightfully benched.

EB is complex. Because he is Black he has to be flawless to get a HC job but whether right or wrong he already has strikes going into interviews. So you mix that with his own personal coaching style and you can connect the dots as to why he took what some would consider a lateral raise.

He gets a chance to get out on his own, pay raise and title promotion. I’m sure he is disappointed that it isn’t a HC job but he isn’t the type to make excuses. He will be just fine.
TAKE IT TO THE POLITICS BORED, but.

Can't both of these things be true at the same time: (1) Bienemy is suffering from the negative effects of systemic bias (although, when you really unpack it, it's more about historical QB bias than coaching bias), and ALSO (2) Bienemy is suffering from the negative effects of the Rooney Rule?

He is portrayed time after time as damaged goods - "if 17 teams passed on him, that MUST be evidence of SOMETHING."

It seems at least POSSIBLE that he wouldn't have been rejected so many times...if he hadn't taken unserious, box-checky interviews.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:23 pm
pdub wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:12 am I am also disappointed.
My recollection is he added an Assistant Head Coach title - if so, is that enough?
"The employer-club of a minority employee who has been hired by another club as its Head Coach or Primary Football Executive (General Manager) shall receive Draft choice compensation in the form of a compensatory Draft pick in the third round in each of the next two Drafts for an employee hired as either a Head Coach or Primary Football Executive, or for the next three Drafts if it has two employees hired for both positions."

Don't look like it.
How 'bout a 5th?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:26 pm
holidaysmore wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:01 am Shady can kick rocks. His washed up, bum ass mad because he got rightfully benched.

Can't both of these things be true at the same time: (1) Bienemy is suffering from the negative effects of systemic bias (although, when you really unpack it, it's more about historical QB bias than coaching bias), and ALSO (2) Bienemy is suffering from the negative effects of the Rooney Rule?

He is portrayed time after time as damaged goods - "if 17 teams passed on him, that MUST be evidence of SOMETHING."

It seems at least POSSIBLE that he wouldn't have been rejected so many times...if he hadn't taken unserious, box-checky interviews.
I 100% agree that many of EB's interviews have been solely to meet the Rooney Rule criteria and that it has hurt him in that "well, if all these teams pass on him then there must be a problem" way.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:57 pm
jfish26 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:26 pm

I 100% agree that many of EB's interviews have been solely to meet the Rooney Rule criteria and that it has hurt him in that "well, if all these teams pass on him then there must be a problem" way.
Yeah, it's a real bitch of a problem to try to sort out.