Vivek ramaswamy

Ugh.
randylahey

Re: Vivek ramaswamy

Post by randylahey »

zsn wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:49 pm
randylahey wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:31 pm Nobody knows how to pronounce it, and its gonna be hard for him to overcome that
WTF - Are you even literate? Every kindergartner would be able to sound out the syllables in his name and say it easily. How difficult is it to say RA-ma-SWA-me?? Exactly as written.

Illiterate, lazy, stupid or all of it?

Maybe that should be a test for determining suitability to vote!
Calm down kid you take everything so literally. Its a joke. The republican stereotype is that they wouldn't vote for an Indian guy with a last name like ramaswamy. (Even a kindergartener would see theres multiple ways to potentially pronounce that)
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

zsn wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:49 pm
randylahey wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:31 pm Nobody knows how to pronounce it, and its gonna be hard for him to overcome that
WTF - Are you even literate? Every kindergartner would be able to sound out the syllables in his name and say it easily. How difficult is it to say RA-ma-SWA-me?? Exactly as written.

Illiterate, lazy, stupid or all of it?

Maybe that should be a test for determining suitability to vote!
How would you pronounce the word "presents" ??? Its only 2 syllables it should be easy for ya bud
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

The reason he’ll get nowhere very quickly in his campaign against identity politics is because the Republican Party has no ideas besides identity politics. Looks like Abbott is trying to one-up DeSantis

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/texas-ba ... f5b487c32f

If this isn’t an example of identity politics I don’t know what is
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:31 pm And I had never heard of this vivek ramaswamy dude either. He's definitely a dark horse candidate. Nobody knows his name yet. Nobody knows how to pronounce it, and its gonna be hard for him to overcome that. But he made a really good impression on me. He seems like his main goal is to put an end to all this political bullshit and actually try creating solutions for this country. We desperately need that
I've heard of him.
Yes, he's a "dark horse candidate" - who will be less dark over time.
A lot of people know his name.
I know how to pronounce it.
It's going to be hard for him to overcome what? That people might struggle to pronounce his name? Hasn't hurt him much in the past - being that he's a very intelligent and financially successful man.
His 2 minute soundbite made a really good impression on you? I'm confident I can get two minutes of many people saying something semi intelligent that you agree with. My hope is you wouldn't think that makes them a strong candidate to be President.
Seems like Trump's main goal was to put an end to all this political bullshit and actually try creating solutions for this country. Hey, it worked for him in 2016. Might just work for Ramalamadingdong in 2024.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Has anyone seen the long form version of Vivek and Nimrata's birth certificate. Now I'm not saying it's a problem, but why haven't they produced this for us just so that we all know for sure? They have both had plenty of chances to show it.

Why are none of the major "news" outlets covering this?
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

yeah, why isn’t anyone talking about this?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:28 pm "Wokeism" didn't create divisions. It is the current manifestation of divisions that have existed in the West for 350 years and have been unofficially recognized for 250 years (or so). The expression of these divisions takes different forms every 50-70 years. The current iteration -- "woke" -- was principally inspired by Marcuse's obsession with racial and sexual minorities as the vehicles for cultural revolution but is nearing its end stages.

What form the divisions will take next is both unknowable and fascinating to consider. For the first time since the Enlightenment, society (and the Left especially) appears to lack the intellectual firepower to do much of any consequence, which may well signal the final triumph of Max Striner's "ego."
This fascination with ancient German philosophers is interesting.

So wut he is trying to say is all of this is just a repeating cycle that never gets anywhere. Like "Make Germany Great Again" or "Make Britain Great Again" or "Make America Great Again" or "Make Russia Great Again". It’s all just shiny slogans to rile up the rubes and probably to sell hats.

But I gotta say that anytime someone starts talking about the “final triumph” whether it be of Max or of Will I starts to smell propaganda.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

japhy wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:43 am Has anyone seen the long form version of Vivek and Nimrata's birth certificate. Now I'm not saying it's a problem, but why haven't they produced this for us just so that we all know for sure? They have both had plenty of chances to show it.

Why are none of the major "news" outlets covering this?
Ok, I'll be the guy who asks how long before the Dems want to see his tax records?

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

if this great country will elect someone with the name barracks obama. rashida tlaib. aoc. ilhan nomar. shri thanidar. etc etc

we will elect anyone. no matter what it says on the birth certificate.

do you think syria is going to elect a president with the name John smith. You think somalia is going to elect a bruce Jones.

only in this great country can every citizen be whatever they want to be. Do you think in north korea some dude can just decide to identify as a queer bisexual pansexual non-binary lesbian. Nope. But you can here. And we will love you with open arms.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Not the only country. Do you know the names Rishi Sunak and Alberto Fujimori?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Here's an example of wokism fucking us over

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpDOHh3MXA3 ... M4ZDc5MmU=
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

And then there's this fucking guy... or uh girl? They? That biden appointed

https://twitter.com/Megohelie1/status/1 ... 5Zh_w&s=19
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:03 am Image
the 6th and final season of snowfall started this past wednesday.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

randylahey wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:38 am Here's an example of wokism fucking us over

Uhm...Randy, that is an instagram meme from Babylon Bee.

How many gummies did you eat for lunch?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

randylahey wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:38 am Here's an example of wokism fucking us over

Do you know the definition of "example"?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Its making fun of the fact that democrats are more focused on diversity than results
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Somebody being the first black person or first gay person to hold a position is not a qualification for them to be elected
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

randylahey wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:16 pm Somebody being the first black person or first gay person to hold a position is not a qualification for them to be elected
So you're under the impression there is a definitive way to rank potential candidates and there is a single best person to fit the job?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

randylahey wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:15 pm Its making fun of the fact that democrats are more focused on diversity than results
That's called satire. It's hyperbole. It's actually making a point that isn't entirely wrong.

Until idiots think it's an "example".