Vivek ramaswamy

Ugh.
randylahey

Re: Vivek ramaswamy

Post by randylahey »

Mjl wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:32 pm
randylahey wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:16 pm Somebody being the first black person or first gay person to hold a position is not a qualification for them to be elected
So you're under the impression there is a definitive way to rank potential candidates and there is a single best person to fit the job?
definitive? nope. but there are ways to try to chose someone that doesn't involve identity politics
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

How do you classify the banning of AP African American Studies in the point of view of identity politics?

I’m assuming based on your posts you’re opposed to Gov DeSantis.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Talk about being ignorant/stoopid...
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:20 am
Mjl wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:32 pm
randylahey wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:16 pm Somebody being the first black person or first gay person to hold a position is not a qualification for them to be elected
So you're under the impression there is a definitive way to rank potential candidates and there is a single best person to fit the job?
definitive? nope. but there are ways to try to chose someone that doesn't involve identity politics
Says a person who has never had to say "I wish my elected leaders better represented me as a person".
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

LOL
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

This has a “I am going to build a big, beautiful wall on our southern border…and I will make Mexico pay for it”
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

This has more of an “I’m the stupid person’s idea of what a smart person should sound like” vibe.

Does he really think that there are people who believe that the entire Federal government is run by the 537 people who hold Federal elected office (435 Representatives, 100 Senators and President and VP - can’t think of others who hold elected Federal office)?

“Biggest threat to democratic self-governance” is therefore the government as designed by the Constitution?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

LOL
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Unelected officials within rogue government agencies that do what they want and have qualified immunity from consequences is the opposite of how this country was designed.

Everyone within the government should be answering to elected officials who should be doing the bidding of the people. At some point they lost track of that, which is why their is a strong argument for stripping people of their positions or dismantling government agencies
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

randylahey wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:49 am …… their is a strong argument for stripping people of their positions or dismantling government agencies
So, their argument is toxic spills, salmonella poisoning, child labor, snake oil, unsafe and ineffective drugs for EVERYONE. Welcome to MAGA utopia!!!!
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

good grief.
Just Ledoux it
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

zsn wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:03 am
randylahey wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:49 am …… their is a strong argument for stripping people of their positions or dismantling government agencies
So, their argument is toxic spills, salmonella poisoning, child labor, snake oil, unsafe and ineffective drugs for EVERYONE. Welcome to MAGA utopia!!!!
The argument is no term limits and being above the law and thinking you control the people, not the people control you. I dont want Trump as our next president (or biden) and im not a "Trump maga" person

Though I dont think the of wanting to improve or take pride in our country is a bad thing
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:59 pm
zsn wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:03 am
The argument is no term limits and being above the law and thinking you control the people, not the people control you. I dont want Trump as our next president (or biden) and im not a "Trump maga" person

Though I dont think the of wanting to improve or take pride in our country is a bad thing
Ah, so the way to counter unelected power players is to limit the ability of elected leaders to serve long enough to gather the knowledge and power necessary to get those unelected power players out of the system. That's some sound logic there.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

A few weeks back some people were confused about the whole "woke" concept and why its problematic. Here ya go

https://twitter.com/VivekGRamaswamy/sta ... uyFIw&s=19
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I spent 5:45 listening to that.
Gee, he can define woke (with HIS OWN definition) so it's not true that others on "the right" CAN'T define it?
Apparently he's completely out of touch because there is absolute 100% proof that SOME on "the right" can not define woke. Right?

randy - Do you have one of these on your lawn or a flag of this on your house yet?

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

It's a good logo.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I'm still waiting to see if Robert f Kennedy Jr actually runs. If so he might be the first Democrat candidate ive endorsed in awhile. If not vivek is probably the best candidate I've seen so far. Better than biden or Trump thats for sure
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

my dog is a better candidate than Biden or Trump.

Thats a pretty fucking low bar.
Just Ledoux it