Vivek ramaswamy

Ugh.
Overlander
Contributor

Re: Vivek ramaswamy

Post by Overlander »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:38 pm
Shirley wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:18 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:58 am I had a fake ID before there were pictures on drivers licenses. Those were the days.
^^^
I didn't think you guys were that old. ;)
I could very well be wrong but I believe by the early 1980s every state's drivers licenses had photos on them.
When I was a Freshman at KU I was 17. I was about 5-10 and have brown eyes.
My ID said I was 6-4 and had blue eyes. 99% of the time I didn't have a problem getting in to a bar in Lawrence.
McLovin?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Sparko wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:53 am The secret to voter ID politics is only giving your political allies IDs. The others are in the mail with your uncounted provisional ballot.
LOL
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Also, you could buy 3.2 beer in Kansas at 18. My brother in law turned 18 the day before they raised the age to 21. He could legally buy beer in KS for one day and then had to wait until he turned 21.
Defense. Rebounds.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:04 pm
Sparko wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:53 am The secret to voter ID politics is only giving your political allies IDs. The others are in the mail with your uncounted provisional ballot.
LOL
That doesn't even look like you. Next.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:11 pm Also, you could buy 3.2 beer in Kansas at 18. My brother in law turned 18 the day before they raised the age to 21. He could legally buy beer in KS for one day and then had to wait until he turned 21.
I remember those days.
Also, there used to be a private fishing lake over south of Leavenworth that had a bait shop that sold beer on Sunday.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:58 am I had a fake ID before there were pictures on drivers licenses. Those were the days.
^^^
I could very well be wrong but I believe by the early 1980s every state's drivers licenses had photos on them.
My ID said I was 6-4 and had blue eyes. 99% of the time I didn't have a problem getting in to a bar in Lawrence.
After a little effort, I couldn't find what year Kansas started putting photos on driver's licenses. California was first, in 1956.

Because there is no national identity card in the United States, the driver's license is often used as the de facto equivalent for completion of many common business and governmental transactions. As a result, driver's licenses are sometimes stolen and used for identity theft. Driver's licenses were not always identification cards. In many states, driver's licenses did not even have a photograph until the 1980s. Advocacy by Mothers Against Drunk Driving for photo ID age verification in conjunction with increasing the drinking age to 21 to reduce underage drinking led to photographs being added to all state licenses. New York and Tennessee were the last states to add photos in 1986...
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Shirley wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:33 pm

^^^
After a little effort, I couldn't find what year Kansas started putting photos on driver's licenses. California was first, in 1956.

Because there is no national identity card in the United States, the driver's license is often used as the de facto equivalent for completion of many common business and governmental transactions. As a result, driver's licenses are sometimes stolen and used for identity theft. Driver's licenses were not always identification cards. In many states, driver's licenses did not even have a photograph until the 1980s. Advocacy by Mothers Against Drunk Driving for photo ID age verification in conjunction with increasing the drinking age to 21 to reduce underage drinking led to photographs being added to all state licenses. New York and Tennessee were the last states to add photos in 1986...
Nice work!

Back to VGR...

It's almost getting to the point where I fear the dude is going to say or do something that truly is Earth shattering - and not just simply nuts.

https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/status/1 ... 6230596983
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I love that VGR is reduced to campaign moaning from his moving car.

Loser
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I'm not smart enough to understand why his strategy is now to keep running despite telling people it's fixed and he's not going to get the nomination.
Yes, I do understand he very well may be in Trump's back pocket and the best way to influence a large percentage of Republican voters is to float conspiracy theories but I believe telling people "the system" is the boogeyman and that DeSantis doesn't have a choice and will be forced to be Haley's VP is going to confuse the non-Trump committed people more than influence them.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Sorry if this was already posted.
Did anyone else see the great Vivek Pella Iowa Campaign rally? Yes, I understand the circumstances but I had a bigger audience for a meeting in my office than Vivek had for his "rally". Maybe I should run for President?

Here are the highlights.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WZhZKSyCyU

Here is the extended version.....
https://www.c-span.org/video/?532741-1/ ... pella-iowa
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:43 am I'm not smart enough to understand why his strategy is now to keep running despite telling people it's fixed and he's not going to get the nomination.
Yes, I do understand he very well may be in Trump's back pocket and the best way to influence a large percentage of Republican voters is to float conspiracy theories but I believe telling people "the system" is the boogeyman and that DeSantis doesn't have a choice and will be forced to be Haley's VP is going to confuse the non-Trump committed people more than influence them.
...the problem is that you assume his strategy is directed at winning even a single vote. It is not.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Viveks best chance at being President is to be Trumps VP and wait for him to do something to get himself removed from office.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:24 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:43 am I'm not smart enough to understand why his strategy is now to keep running despite telling people it's fixed and he's not going to get the nomination.
...the problem is that you assume his strategy is directed at winning even a single vote. It is not.
Excellent point. I admit I was fooled (but somewhat skeptical) earlier in his campaign.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:32 am
jfish26 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:24 am
Excellent point. I admit I was fooled (but somewhat skeptical) earlier in his campaign.
It's all about keeping his name in the news and burnishing his bona fides as what amounts to an influencer, a thought leader.

The stakes are so much lower that way.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DeletedUser wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:27 am Viveks best chance at being President is to be Trumps VP and wait for him to do something to get himself removed from office.
So he (Ramaswamy) could then pardon him (Trump).
Kind of makes sense.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DeletedUser wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:27 am Viveks best chance at being President is to be Trumps VP and wait for him to do something to get himself removed from office.
Maybe. But if he's helped himself with Trump over the course of the debates, he's hurt himself with the electorate. Trump may well pick him because of his crazy, but Kari Lake is crazy too, and has attributes that Vivek doesn't have.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

That VGR video looks like an intervention.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

"Suspending" his campaign. Stick a fork in him.
* Not just "suspending". Ending.

Just said he would/will encourage Haley and DeSantis to drop out.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:24 pm "Suspending" his campaign. Stick a fork in him.
* Not just "suspending". Ending.

Just said he would/will encourage Haley and DeSantis to drop out.
And Trump making a speech calling for “coming together” last night - by which he means “my opponents’ surrender.”

Hmph.

Is the Russian word for “peace” the same as for “coming together”? Asking for some friends.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Speaking of what does Trump have up his sleeve, he gave a special dare I say uncharacteristic shout out to Vivek last night. Then again, Vivek knows what Trump's balls taste like and Trump likes having his balls licked and sucked on by those he feels can/will help him.
He also made a point of giving a shout out to Kari Lake. Why? Umm, never -mind answering that question.