Fish Sammiches

Coffee talk.
jhawks99
Contributor

Fish Sammiches

Post by jhawks99 »

It's lent and fish sammich season. Who has the best?
Culver's looks pretty good
McDs doesn't really cut it.
Arby's looks terrible. That tartar sauce looks like mayo and HCFS.
Defense. Rebounds.
MICHHAWK

Re: Fish Sammiches

Post by MICHHAWK »

culvers is very good.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Eventide.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

My 8 y/o granddaughter's favorite restaurant is Culvers. (Just shoot me.) I've been there a couple of times and while it's not bad, there's nothing particularly "good" about it. That being said, I've never had their fish sandwich and would generally never consider having one there or at any other chain when there are a plethora of Mom & Pop places here to get a fresh fish sandwich, but now I might have to. And, I can score a few points with her by agreeing to go there.

#winning?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

my crappie po’boys is the stuff of legend.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Funny story, well at least to me.

Way back in the 70's I worked for Mickey D's. Mostly flippin big macs and quarter pounders. One night I came in and they wanted me to fry the fish sammiches and apple pies. That was my job for the entire night, not even french fries. Just fish sammies and pies, they fried the pies back then.

Anyhoo, teenage moran 99 gets bored just frying fish sammiches and starts announcing "Fish Burgers Up" when I had a batch ready. After about 45 minutes of this, the polyester suit wearing, paper hat crowned, keys jingling stereotype of a manager appears. And he's pizzed. He is holding a fish burger and says quietly but sternly, "This is a Filet O' Fish sandWICH. It is NOT a fish burger. People out there are laughing at you." He rambled on about something but 99 was too busy chuckling to himself to pay attention. 99 did call them Filet O' Fish from that point forward and never had to fry them again.
Defense. Rebounds.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

fish sandwiches can go right back to whatever circle of hell they came from
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If I'm doing fried fish, I prefer it in a taco or naked with 'chips'.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

if I'm eating fish it better be fresh, and right off the coals.

I only like fish in very certain instances. The rest of seafood and the shit that scrambles around at the bottom of the ocean or flings its million little feet to swim...you people can keep that. You disgust me.
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:43 am Funny story, well at least to me.

Way back in the 70's I worked for Mickey D's. Mostly flippin big macs and quarter pounders. One night I came in and they wanted me to fry the fish sammiches and apple pies. That was my job for the entire night, not even french fries. Just fish sammies and pies, they fried the pies back then.

Anyhoo, teenage moran 99 gets bored just frying fish sammiches and starts announcing "Fish Burgers Up" when I had a batch ready. After about 45 minutes of this, the polyester suit wearing, paper hat crowned, keys jingling stereotype of a manager appears. And he's pizzed. He is holding a fish burger and says quietly but sternly, "This is a Filet O' Fish sandWICH. It is NOT a fish burger. People out there are laughing at you." He rambled on about something but 99 was too busy chuckling to himself to pay attention. 99 did call them Filet O' Fish from that point forward and never had to fry them again.
How punny is it that McDonalds calls it a Filet O' Fish?

Blind man walks in to a McDonalds where 99 is frying fish sammiches and says - "Good morning ladies".

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

and then he got high?
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

afro mothafuckin M a N
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I thought 99’s story was gonna end with somebody accidentally getting an apple pie sammich
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

99's new nickname is Brad.

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

as American as the blues, as American as Apple pie. the question is why? why should the blues feel so at home here?
Well....America provided the atmosphere
Just Ledoux it
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I used to work at a Hardee's in HS. Had an assistant manager who ALWAYS pronounced the T in chicken FilleT.

So, some big ass burley looking dude...(Seabass from the movie Dumb and Dumber) comes in, orders a chicken FileT and he pronounces the T.

The assistant manager, didn't hear the dude's order and did his usual. "Chicken FilleT is up!" Hard on the T.

The big ass customer thought he was making fun of him, starts yelling at him, and threatening to kick his ass. The Assistant manager had no idea what was happening, had no clue why the dude got so pissed.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:35 am

I used to work at a Hardee's in HS. Had an assistant manager who ALWAYS pronounced the T in chicken FilleT.

So, some big ass burley looking dude...(Seabass from the movie Dumb and Dumber) comes in, orders a chicken FileT and he pronounces the T.

The assistant manager, didn't hear the dude's order and did his usual. "Chicken FilleT is up!" Hard on the T.

The big ass customer thought he was making fun of him, starts yelling at him, and threatening to kick his ass. The Assistant manager had no idea what was happening, had no clue why the dude got so pissed.
That was almost Darwinism in action.
Anand Giridharadas
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

for Fish...

I though the Arby's one was really good. But that was several years ago and may be a different iteration.

Isn't the BK Big Fish pretty good?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

TDub wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:04 am if I'm eating fish it better be fresh, and right off the coals.

I only like fish in very certain instances. The rest of seafood and the shit that scrambles around at the bottom of the ocean or flings its million little feet to swim...you people can keep that. You disgust me.
Dang, I thought I was a food snob.
Defense. Rebounds.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:40 am
TDub wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:04 am if I'm eating fish it better be fresh, and right off the coals.

Dang, I thought I was a food snob.
I don't want to consider life without lobster!

Even tho I only have it once or twice a year.
Anand Giridharadas