NFL draft 2023

Kansas Football.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: NFL draft 2023

Post by jfish26 »

hartjack8 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:05 pm Two things-Lamar can now be had for two #1 picks, the problem is he wants a Watson contract.

Texans have a choice. Trade with Bears or sign Jimmy G. Texans new OC is from San Fran.
I'd imagine Jimmy Haslam is insanely unpopular at the owners' meetings.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:36 am Carr signs a 4 year contract with the Saints. Let the QB musical chairs begin.
Which begs the question: what exactly is the plan there?

Here is an exhaustive list of how to win in the NFL, tell me which of these is what the Saints are going for:

1 - Have an A or A+ QB, on a huge contract.
2 - Have a B+ or better QB, on a large contract, and also a great roster.
3 - Have a B- or better QB, on a rookie contract, and also a great roster.

Here is what's not on the list:

x - Have a B- to A- QB, on a large contract, and a shit roster.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Winning matters. At least if front office guys want to keep their jobs.

70% of the league can't tank every single year.

But you are spot on.

The Saints are trying to win more games. But this isn't a move that results in them becoming a real contender.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I've read and heard mostly positive feedback on the Bears move.
Other than I'm a moran, why did I feel the need tell anyone who asked me my feelings about it - I feel WE won't know for years if it was a good trade or not?
Seems many "experts" feel the Bears will take the OL from Northwestern with the 9th pick. BORING.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

1st round swap, a 1st, 2 2nds and DJ Moore.

Great deal for the Bears.
And all because Houston Texans decided not to loose their last game and beat the Colts by 1.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:47 am 1st round swap, a 1st, 2 2nds and DJ Moore.

And all because Houston Texans decided not to loose their last game and beat the Colts by 1.
Intentional or not, has a coach ever given a team's management/ownership a bigger fuck you?

your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

pdub wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:47 am 1st round swap, a 1st, 2 2nds and DJ Moore.

I really have no problem with the trade but think there is no reason to do it this early. There are teams still trying to make QB moves in free agency and as that plays out the pressure just increases. The only way I do this trade now is if it was with the Texans.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

It is never too early to make a trade if you get what you ask for. That was a largesse
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Does Fitterer have a definite QB he wants with the #1 pick?
Are any of his choices better than 2023 Lamar Jackson?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I’m guessing it’s Stroud.
If I was Carolina I would have played a chess game and tried trade for Zonas 3rd instead for a lot less.

You ain’t winning in the near future and who knows with these three top QBs.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:34 pm I’m guessing it’s Stroud.
If I was Carolina I would have played a chess game and tried trade for Zonas 3rd instead for a lot less.

You ain’t winning in the near future and who knows with these three top QBs.
I also think it will be Stroud. And while it's true there's no price that's too high for an A or A+ guy...I just don't think Stroud's that. I think he's a B+/A- guy...just on the fringe of what you can win with, when you're paying him market value. To me, that's not a guy that supports more or less nuking two drafts.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Duggan looks to me a lot like Purdy, I would look at him as a later round option myself based on the QBs available. Big dude. Very much a Josh Allen style. Big XII QBs tend to outperform those who have competitive advantages in college like a designer OL.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Pretty sure they said that canopy area is the size of a football field by itself. Then you have the entire green space where fans will sit.

It’s a cool set up. If it goes well and fans show up, wouldn’t surprise me for the NFL to go back again.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I hope Lonnie Phelps gets snagged by the Chiefs with one of their 7ths.
Could be used on special teams and clear pass rush situations.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Pretty cool seeing Union Station all decked out this morning on GMA.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

That canopy is huge. I have seen it from 2 blocks away but haven't been able to get close as yet. KCMO started warning businesses in the Crossroads District a week ago about the traffic/parking issues it may cause rand gave us a road closing list. We will find out today what issues it will cause. My guess is parking will be the worst issue. During these events our landlord, Shirley Helzberg has a security office stand guard over our parking lot and check parking tags so that helps. That worked well for the Chief's Super Bowl parade. My office is about 6 blocks away from Union Station. I think this will be good from a publicity standpoint for KCMO. The light rail cars are covered in NFL Draft graphics and Chief's Super Bowl graphics so the timing was good for KC.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

66 and mostly sunny.
Perfect day.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:13 am That canopy is huge. I have seen it from 2 blocks away but haven't been able to get close as yet. KCMO started warning businesses in the Crossroads District a week ago about the traffic/parking issues it may cause rand gave us a road closing list. We will find out today what issues it will cause. My guess is parking will be the worst issue. During these events our landlord, Shirley Helzberg has a security office stand guard over our parking lot and check parking tags so that helps. That worked well for the Chief's Super Bowl parade. My office is about 6 blocks away from Union Station. I think this will be good from a publicity standpoint for KCMO. The light rail cars are covered in NFL Draft graphics and Chief's Super Bowl graphics so the timing was good for KC.
Mrs. Fish asked me this morning about the economics of stuff like this. "Who pays for it," etc.

I responded that it's complicated.

That there's one group of people who think that things like this are boondoggles, the math never adds up on net economic impact, that it's all a conveyor belt of money from taxpayers to corporates.

And that there's another group of people who think that things like this do drive meaningful revenue, future tourism, and so on.

I'm a little of both. I don't believe these things are net revenue positive, in and of themselves. But, I believe that there is significant "soft" value in them, particularly for a city like Kansas City, that is trying to separate from the Des Moines/Omaha/OKC set, and rise to the Denver/Minneapolis set.