NFL draft 2023

Kansas Football.
hartjack8
Contributor

NFL draft 2023

Post by hartjack8 »

The draft is scheduled to be held in the plaza outside of Union Station in Kansas City, Missouri, on April 27–29, 2023. DA Bears have first pick.

The Chicago Bears have been approached by multiple teams about trading the No. 1 pick in this year's NFL draft, and Chicago is said to be "leaning toward" moving the pick, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Man if DA Bears play this right they going to be loaded. They way under cap and could get a plethora of picks this year and next.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: NFL draft 2023

Post by pdub »

I know the Bears have been rumored they want to stay in the top 5 so they can land one of the two highly regarded DLinemen but I think Chicago is in need of more than one guy so should seriously consider trading with Carolina and getting as much as they can.

Meanwhile CEH is very likely gone and rumored Chiefs are shopping him for anyone who will take him. Bust.
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

Kind of sounds like the Colts would like to get to the #1 pick so they can have their choice of QBs. That's a win-win. Colts get whichever QB they prefer and the Bears stay in the top 5 to get their preferred D-lineman.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The Pants will likely offer multiple firsts while the Colts may only offer their first, a second and several day 3 picks.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Projected top 5 pick is now likey going to be completely undrafted and likely in some legal trouble for quite some time. Racing alongside the player from Georgia who died and then lied to police about it.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-jalen-c ... 47233.html
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I doubt he falls out of the top 50.
Someone will take a chance.

This does change the Bears thinking some.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah I guess both charges he faces are misdemeanors. He'll have a shot still.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:26 am I doubt he falls out of the top 50.

I don't think he'll fall out of the top 5.

I definitely would, though, try to get him to agree that his signing bonus can be clawed back in the case he fails to disclose (to the team that's drafting him) all material facts about the incident. If I'm a team, I'm wanting my money back if it turns out he did something that stands to sideline him for a meaningful time.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:11 am

I was going to say top 30.
Don't know why I said 50.
I think he's safely a 1st rounder despite his involvement.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:12 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:11 am

I was going to say top 30.
Don't know why I said 50.
I think he's safely a 1st rounder despite his involvement.
He damn well better be top 30, because if he drops over this and the Chiefs DON'T move up to grab him, Veach is doing this wrong.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I think fleeing the scene of the accident, lying to police, not rendering aid, and other potential egregious charges is enough for him to be suspended indefinitely. This is as bad as the Alabama situation. Street racing has become a real problem. Austin was basically besieged this weekend.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah. And especially with Chiefs history of a player lying (Kareem Hunt) and reckless driving while intoxicated, not saying Carter was. (Britt Reid situation)

Chiefs will let some things slide if you're honest and don't do anything too stupid. He was extremely stupid and he was not honest at the scene.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Sparko wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:39 pm I think fleeing the scene of the accident, lying to police, not rendering aid, and other potential egregious charges is enough for him to be suspended indefinitely. This is as bad as the Alabama situation. Street racing has become a real problem. Austin was basically besieged this weekend.
It's not to me though it's pretty stupid.
And also call me ol fashioned but i'm still clinging on to college being morally superior to pro sports.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:21 am Projected top 5 pick is now likey going to be completely undrafted and likely in some legal trouble for quite some time. Racing alongside the player from Georgia who died and then lied to police about it.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-jalen-c ... 47233.html
I put the odds of him going completely undrafted pretty close to zero.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:39 pm I think fleeing the scene of the accident, lying to police, not rendering aid, and other potential egregious charges is enough for him to be suspended indefinitely. This is as bad as the Alabama situation. Street racing has become a real problem. Austin was basically besieged this weekend.
I don't think this is remotely close to the Alabama situation.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:31 pm
It's not to me though it's pretty stupid.
And also call me ol fashioned but i'm still clinging on to college being morally superior to pro sports.
I laughed

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:07 pm
I will chalk this up to a hot take for you. This is an incredibly bad decision. Not rendering aid or calling for help may have cost friends their life. Not to mention was he impaired in some way? Judgement lacking.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:30 pm
jfish26 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:07 pm
I will chalk this up to a hot take for you. This is an incredibly bad decision. Not rendering aid or calling for help may have cost a friend his life. Not to mention was he impaired in some way? Judgement lacking.
To me, not remotely close to the same ballpark as bringing a gun somewhere at 1:40am, and a totally innocent mother ends up dead.

Incredibly bad decision, absolutely. But not close to as "bad", in my book.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

One very very likely was an accident without direct fault regarding the person in question.
One very very likely had intent with direct fault regarding the person in question.

Now if more details come out and say show that Carter hit the vehicle with his, that's a different story.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Also this mock has Carter falling to 17:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/new ... n-take-qb/

If we land Myles Murphy with our first pick, I will be very happy.