all conference ...

Kansas Basketball.
japhy
Contributor

Re: all conference ...

Post by japhy »

surly wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:09 pm actually, coming to a 'ville near you, soon. 8-)

https://greatermanhattan.org/announceme ... lle?AID=90
Everyone in Hooterville must be soooooo excited to see the big building going up. It must be two or three stories in the air by now. Can you post an update?
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
surly

Post by surly »

actually, the next best thing in manhappy is the $44 million "museum of arts and lights" which is presently under construction. it will be the gateway feature as you cross the kaw off bill snyder's highway into the city for your next jayhawk game. quite an impressive undertaking. privately funded for the most part by locals after leftover star bonds proceeds. lead gift from "master teachers" founding family, the debruyns. lots of family funded stuff in manhattan.

https://artlightmuseum.org/

ImageImage
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

So who's funding Hooterville Midtown?
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
surly

Post by surly »

japhy wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:23 pm So who's funding Hooterville Midtown?
if you're writing about the aggieville project? it's on hold. story is that one of the financial players backed out of the project after ground breaking. not sure when that will proceed but the developer seems confident. maybe he'll go to gov. kelly and get a $50 million welfare payment in the name of ecodevo? ;)
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

lol just read up on that.
whoopsies.
construction zone - kinda like the last 5 years of ksu bb.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Maybe Kobach can grift some extra money to restart that consumer heaven.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

surly wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:05 am
if you're writing about the aggieville project? it's on hold. story is that one of the financial players backed out of the project after ground breaking. not sure when that will proceed but the developer seems confident. maybe he'll go to gov. kelly and get a $50 million welfare payment in the name of ecodevo? ;)
That project was a reach for Hooterville and the developer. It seems like a good spot for another Dollar General or a Save-A-Lot.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

japhy wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:21 pm
That project was a reach for Hooterville and the developer. It seems like a good spot for another Dollar General or a Save-A-Lot.
Help me out. Does Mancrappin’ already have a Buffalo Wild Wings?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Overlander wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:56 pm

That's one of those things you would have to get off the interstate and drive north for half an hour to find out. I just don't see that being a good use of my time while driving to Colorado.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

they do i believe, or used to, in the heart of aggieville.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

japhy wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:22 am
Overlander wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:56 pm

That's one of those things you would have to get off the interstate and drive north for half an hour to find out. I just don't see that being a good use of my time while driving to Colorado.
I can honestly say that the only times I have traveled through that shithole was to get to the off road park
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

i went a few times back around college.
to aggieville. to a game. to the chef.
it's alright. Lawrence is just way better.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

surly wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:44 pm actually, the next best thing in manhappy is the $44 million "museum of arts and lights" which is presently under construction. it will be the gateway feature as you cross the kaw off bill snyder's highway into the city for your next jayhawk game. quite an impressive undertaking. privately funded for the most part by locals after leftover star bonds proceeds. lead gift from "master teachers" founding family, the debruyns. lots of family funded stuff in manhattan.

I am not an architect, although the lovely and talented Creamcheese plays one on TV.

Still, IMHO, that's grotesque.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:50 am
surly wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:44 pm actually, the next best thing in manhappy is the $44 million "museum of arts and lights" which is presently under construction. it will be the gateway feature as you cross the kaw off bill snyder's highway into the city for your next jayhawk game. quite an impressive undertaking. privately funded for the most part by locals after leftover star bonds proceeds. lead gift from "master teachers" founding family, the debruyns. lots of family funded stuff in manhattan.

I am not an architect, although the lovely and talented Creamcheese plays one on TV.

Still, IMHO, that's grotesque.
How can you disparage such a great design firm? I checked out their website and they have an impressive portfolio of....convenience stores and hospitals and restaurants and retail....OK...so they were the low bidder.

I guess I never really looked at the link before.

It is an art and light museum?

So you won't be seeing great works of art, you will see projected images of great works of art on walls. How forward thinking, how cheap, how rubian. It's as if the folks at Chuckie Cheese decided to build an "art museum".

I did stop at the Precious Moments "Museum" in Carthage MO one time. I had to pick something up from the grift shop for a friend's birthday. It was a damn funny place. But it was only 5 minutes off the interstate there was no admission charge so there was that.

Dimmy is right to promote this as the future of Hooterville. It is going to be the Family Dollar of art museums.
surly

Post by surly »

lol. this museum will be like those found in other metropolitan areas around the world. it will be unique to kansas though. you boys need to join the 21st century.

https://lam.xyz/
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

they will have a nightly exhibit titled 'ksu's national titles' every time they close up shop and turn off the lights.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Dimmy!

Comparisons to László Moholy-Nagy?

You are damn funny for a half wit.

And Moholy-Nagy made those films 100 years ago. Which would likely seem to be futuristic shit in Hooterville.
surly

Post by surly »

Sparko wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:14 pm Maybe Kobach can grift some extra money to restart that consumer heaven.
treasury is likely empty after $50 million welfare payment to ku football stadium, no?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

timme wears jealousy well
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I think my favorite part of this is imagining what this building will be next after the fad museum shuts it's doors in 5-10 years.

Could it be the new combined national headquarters for US Collegiate Soil Judging and US Collegiate Livestock Judging Associations?

What a coop that would be! Every year the grade schools in Liberal, Garden City, Great Bend and Abilene would take all of the 6th graders up there to "dream big" and look at the Wall of Fame. It would be almost as big a recruiting success as the time Tang had the pep band show up at Rucker Park and play rap version of the Hooterville Cannonball for the kids.

Could it be the largest axe throwing bar in 'Merica? Naw, too much glass and that entertainment fad will be dead by then as well.

Maybe if the developers of the aggieville Midtown low rise still haven't found funding they could buy it for 33 cents on the dollar and remake it into the wet dream office complex they couldn't afford.

So, so many possibilities.