Welcome Marcus Adams Jr.

Kansas Basketball.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Welcome Marcus Adams Jr.

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

punkrockhawk wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:06 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:55 am
punkrockhawk wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:27 am Spokane is 1,203 miles from Los Angeles. Lawrence, KS is 1,583 from L.A. Doesn't look like he moved that much closer to home. Maybe the homesick excuse wasn't accurate.
Who used the homesick excuse?
It was mentioned in an article that I saw from Mike Vernon. https://www.kuhearings.com/p/hearing-ma ... leaving-ku

Taken with a grain of salt, I guess.
Thanks! I had not seen that. Only semi detailed thing I read was the Yahoo article.
I have very mixed feelings oh him and everyone/anyone else who commits to a school and doesn't stay at that school for a year.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Him and mccullar huh. Mccullar had zero history of that, has always shown to be a good team mate that is loved by his team

If true, sounds like some punk freshman showed up and couldn't handle being shown up by an upperclassmen
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I imagine most incoming freshman would get frustrated by mccullar guarding them. Really quick. Spoiled entitled kid couldn't handle being humbled
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

There are probably two levels to the issue:
Level 1 (Face-Saving for Marcus) - Lawrence is too small/Isn't for me/I'm homesick
Level 2 (Reality) - I didn't realize I'd have to work hard/That I would have to earn playing time/Would not be an instant star/That I'm not as good as I thought I was

Either way, it sounds like he was having attitude problems that were bothering others in the program. Sorry the program wasted time on him, but also glad that he left now rather than at Christmas break. Program doesn't need soft/entitled/underachieving kids.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Regarding our self ( and Self ) punishment, when it comes to loss of schollies, I'm gonna guess this one don't count no more...so are we just thinking of taking more of a hit earlier to get it over with?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i wondered the same

however, Vernon (lol) does mention another target that may have also played a precipitating role in this
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

My sources say Furphy is leaning Kansas so that could be the target and he'd reclassify.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:06 pm i wondered the same

however, Vernon (lol) does mention another target that may have also played a precipitating role in this
It's right in his article:

What’s Next for KU?
Earlier this week, I wrote KU was working on an unnamed international player to join the team in 2023. I’ve now Heard the international player to watch is Johnny Furphy, a 6’9” wing out of Australia.

Furphy was a breakout player at the NBA Academy games and caught the attention of UNC, Duke, and others. But those schools can’t offer 2023 playing time like Kansas can.

I’m watching this recruitment very closely. If KU gets its way, Furphy will be on the team soon.

Can we talk about how fun it would be for KU to have a 6’9” Australian named Johnny Furphy?! This would be electric.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:38 pm

What’s Next for KU?
Earlier this week, I wrote KU was working on an unnamed international player to join the team in 2023. I’ve now Heard the international player to watch is Johnny Furphy, a 6’9” wing out of Australia.

Furphy was a breakout player at the NBA Academy games and caught the attention of UNC, Duke, and others. But those schools can’t offer 2023 playing time like Kansas can.

I’m watching this recruitment very closely. If KU gets its way, Furphy will be on the team soon.

Can we talk about how fun it would be for KU to have a 6’9” Australian named Johnny Furphy?! This would be electric.
lol

i should’ve kept reading
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:00 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:38 pm

What’s Next for KU?

lol

i should’ve kept reading
That's why we look out for each other around here!
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

I guess now some are thinking Furphy sticks with being in the 2024 class.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

He looks pretty skinny, not sure how well he'd hold up to high level KU hoops just yet.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

pdub wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:32 pm My sources say Furphy is leaning Kansas so that could be the target and he'd reclassify.
Like and subscribe and I’ll reveal more!!!
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

pdub wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:36 am
pdub wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:32 pm My sources say Furphy is leaning Kansas so that could be the target and he'd reclassify.
Like and subscribe and I’ll reveal more!!!
Today In: Prescient!
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I need to get my subscribers up to 5 and if that happens I’ll let you know the scoop that they plan to upgrade AFH in the next four years.

HOT NEWS.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Dude never made it to Zaga - and now isn't going to school there. Something/s up.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:19 pm Dude never made it to Zaga - and now isn't going to school there. Something/s up.
Hopefully he's doing OK.

Crazy we had him back out last minute and somehow ended up replacing him with Johnny furphy
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

all signs point towards good riddance.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Agreed. I hope everything is OK with him and that he's just a flake that we thankfully missed out on.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

There was a lot of talk about his actual talent level due to level of competition he faced in high school and how/if it would translate to major college basketball.