Welcome Marcus Adams Jr.

Kansas Basketball.
MICHHAWK

Re: Welcome Marcus Adams Jr.

Post by MICHHAWK »

if someone would have stopped me on the street and told me “marcus adams jr wants out.” my response would have been “who?”
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Dang.

Was hoping he might be some replacement (or replacement to be, at least) for Jalen. Thought the timing of his commitment suggested staff expected him to contribute.

In the limited media he’s appeared in since getting on campus, tho, I thought he did look kinda soft; like he needed to burn the Quentin Grimes baby fat, tack on some muscle mass, and get some ink too.

But instead of burning the Quentin Grimes baby fat, he just went full Quentin Grimes before ever even playing a game. Bummer. Good luck to him anyway.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Any potential recruits that could have affected this? Is anyone still available that might come now?

I know he wasn't expected to have a huge impact as a freshman

Or is he really just too soft for self
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

When you ASSume...
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jhawks99 wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:58 pm
JKLivin wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:46 pm My older son played D1 football and contends that it is impossible to anticipate the shock that comes with the change in level of intensity moving from high school to college. You survive, essentially.

I’m guessing Self doesn’t put up with soft kids. I’ve also read that Adams showed up carrying some extra weight and was out of shape. That would make things even worse.
Or you could admit that you don't know what the circumstances are and leave it be and wish the kid well. Not sure what he did to you.
I just can’t respect the quitting crap and I can’t wish someone well who is hurting the program. Sorry, not sorry.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It sucks that this is the norm now.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

yes it does
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

We'll see if this is actually the norm in five years or so. My guess is that it won't be.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

7 years ago, when talking about Derryck Thornton, Bill told me that from his experience, a lot of players from California are pussies...apparently, MAJ is no different.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

pdub wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:20 am No, we've won several.
Here is our most infamous one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qCYErpJTF8
Rereading the thread to see if I care about Marcus Adams Jr.

I don't think I do.

That said, I think this post puts a lot of weight on the definition of "won."
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

So we basically had 2 decent freshman recruits puss out right before the season. I think both have been on campus with the rest the team. Neither saw an easy road for playing time

Telling sign of things to come? Recruiting freshman might be turning into an outdated method
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

No, Johnson never made it to campus.

Gut says Johnson wanted playing time, Adams couldn't handle Self
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

did Adams even deal with Self yet? boot camp hasn't happened and as far as I know we are still in voluntary workout stage. Workouts run by Dajuan and Kevin and KJ
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:26 pm did Adams even deal with Self yet? boot camp hasn't happened and as far as I know we are still in voluntary workout stage. Workouts run by Dajuan and Kevin and KJ
Dickinson was talking on that podcast thing with Lightfoot and Teahan about having Self coaching him up already so yes, I think he has.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

TDub wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:26 pm did Adams even deal with Self yet? boot camp hasn't happened and as far as I know we are still in voluntary workout stage. Workouts run by Dajuan and Kevin and KJ
Plus, Self has an office directly above the court that he's no doubt watching from. Even if he's not running the workouts.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Need another player now. Who's still available?
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

BTW, I think the NCAA has made it way too easy to bail now. It seems they went from one extreme to the other.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

They were a clown show with power under the guise of good intentions that didn’t practice what they preached and now are a clown show with little power scrambling around to stay alive before the power schools just create a pro league with college mascots.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:20 am They were a clown show with power under the guise of good intentions that didn’t practice what they preached and now are a clown show with little power scrambling around to stay alive before the power schools just create a pro league with college mascots.
I mean, college athletics has always been the minor leagues. They've been run as pro sports teams. Look at the facilities and the amenities (dorm, food, training tables, locker rooms and more)

Marcus always seemed like an odd fit. Couple that with being a long ways from home, I can see why he won't be here. He can be a good player at a school like Colorado or something like that. He wasn't going to be a player here at KU.

Here's what KU is becoming. You either get 5 star or very high 4 star recruits and transfers. And that's OK. Leipold is doing the same with football to a lesser extent in regards to stars. Getting good, underrecruited high school kids and filling the rest with transfers.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Marcus didn't seem like an odd fit. On paper he had a tonnnn of similarities to Jalen Wilson as a recruit.

But he would have had to develop