America Bad Too

Ugh.
japhy
Contributor

America Bad Too

Post by japhy »

The USA, it has been bad since the start. It was born by the theft of land from indigenous peoples and the theft was propagated and made possible through a government sponsored policy of genocide.

It was founded on the idea of religious freedom and the genocide was justified in the name of religion.

America bad too.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
TDub
Contributor

Re: America Bad Too

Post by TDub »

Michael Jackson Bad
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Japhy has time today.

Get your popcorn ready.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

japhy wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:27 am The USA, it has been bad since the start. It was born by the theft of land from indigenous peoples and the theft was propagated and made possible through a government sponsored policy of genocide.

It was founded on the idea of religious freedom and the genocide was justified in the name of religion.

America bad too.
Are you registered with Rhonda Santis?
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

japhy wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:27 am The USA, it has been bad since the start. It was born by the theft of land from indigenous peoples and the theft was propagated and made possible through a government sponsored policy of genocide.

America bad too.
you forgot all the broken treaties

and, religious freedom…unless it’s a religion they didn’t understand or agree with
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

and here I thought we were finally actually getting somewhere in the war thread.

but, this thread gives a little hope!

in addition to the land theft and indigenous genocide, you forgot the part about how it was built on the backs of African slaves.

of course, all of Merica's own transgressions against BIPOC was inspiration for some art school dropout named Adolf, too.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

400 years of slavery was a choice…didn’t you hear?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

in addition to the land theft and indigenous genocide, you forgot the part about how it was built on the backs of African slaves.

i guess native slaves’ lives don’t matter
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:34 am 400 years of slavery was a choice…didn’t you hear?
They were given food and a roof over their heads. They were taught to read and given real clothes. They were not terrorized by elephants and hippos and lions. I mean seriously, didn't they have it better here than back where they came from?

And yet they want reparations....for improving the lives of their ancestors? Seriously?
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

The Tuskegee Syphilis Study; bad, bad, bad.

America bad too.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:34 am in addition to the land theft and indigenous genocide, you forgot the part about how it was built on the backs of African slaves.

i guess native slaves’ lives don’t matter
oh, they totally matter too! Didn't mean to downplay anything at all about the colonial settler treatment of the indigenous Americans.

IIRC though, the settlers determined the indigenous were too vulnerable to white folk diseases to healthily serve as slaves, which is why they went through the trouble of sailing back across the world again and chaining African folks up instead.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

and I've tried to make this point in the war thread, but since it fits so well here:

for the life of me, I struggle to understand why it's so controversial to suggest the biggest, most powerful, most widespread and far-reaching, most imperial, most bloated, most ridiculous military in the history of the earth, is also the most militant, most belligerent, and overall, baddest.

oh, and potentially most propagandized, too!

I guess it has a lot to do with that last point...we've been so conditioned to think "us good them bad" on some global level, and to chug the state department koolaid as a matter of some patriotic pride.

And/or, just some callous entitlement. "Better we bomb them first, than the other way around."

but where it gets wild is, if we bomb first, they're supposed to put up with it, but if they DO react, we clutch our pearls about how it was so unprovoked
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

you’re becoming a caricature of yourself
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

OK

but if I stop responding to every hysterical thing you guys post, then you'll accuse me of ignoring your questions.

and, dude, speaking of caricatures, bear in mind I'm not the one who woke up and posted a bunch of flailing new threads this morning.

but, despite my immature self, I'm gonna try to be the adult in the room here:

Can we all just chill out? Maybe take some deep breaths and have a cup of chamomile or something?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

we’re the hysterical ones?

that’s rich
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:19 am and I've tried to make this point in the war thread, but since it fits so well here:

for the life of me, I struggle to understand why it's so controversial to suggest the biggest, most powerful, most widespread and far-reaching, most imperial, most bloated, most ridiculous military in the history of the earth, is also the most militant, most belligerent, and overall, baddest.

oh, and potentially most propagandized, too!

I guess it has a lot to do with that last point...we've been so conditioned to think "us good them bad" on some global level, and to chug the state department koolaid as a matter of some patriotic pride.

And/or, just some callous entitlement. "Better we bomb them first, than the other way around."

but where it gets wild is, if we bomb first, they're supposed to put up with it, but if they DO react, we clutch our pearls about how it was so unprovoked
It does fit here, it's not "whataboutism" here, it's not just muddying the water, please contribute more.