March Madness 23

Kansas Basketball.
randylahey

Re: March Madness 23

Post by randylahey »

shindig wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:18 pm
randylahey wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:13 pm I'm happy for k state. And the league. And the money i won by betting on them as "underdogs" against kentucky
Weird year when k state advances further than us. Maybe forget recruiting high school kids and just bring in the best transfers.
The best thing about transfers is they come in as proven experienced college players. Not giving up on recruiting high school players, but be picky about it. And fill out the last several roster spots with the right transfers
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:24 pm Ever since the KU game last night, this tournament has been a disaster for me.

In the immortal words of Fred Sanford.....

I don't even watch the tourney except for maybe a few matchups I want to see once KU is out.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

shindig wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:18 pm
randylahey wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:13 pm I'm happy for k state. And the league. And the money i won by betting on them as "underdogs" against kentucky
Weird year when k state advances further than us. Maybe forget recruiting high school kids and just bring in the best transfers.
Kansas needs to recruit better shooters, whether from the transfer portal or recruits. Inability to shoot threes and free throws doomed KU this season.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We finished 94th in offensive efficiency, 68th in eFG% and 81st in TS%.
142nd in 3 point percentage at 34.7%.
25th in adjO.

These numbers compare more with our 19 and 21 squads who did worse than this one but didn't make any noise in the NCAA tourney either. The reason this team won the B12 was their defense but they weren't effective scorers.
surly

Post by surly »

most amazing scene of the weekend, a missouri landmark bathed in purple. :D

https://twitter.com/UnionStationKC/stat ... 8%2Fpage-2
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

if three posters post 'ban tmcats' in this thread, i'll give him a break til mid april.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I had a bagel sammich. Sesame. 2 eggs, some fried deli turkey, sharp cheddar, swimming in butter. Not bad.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i hope they beat msu on thursday evening.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ban tmcats

I cheered for them to beat UK. but I ain't gonna do this shit with him. Go post that on your own board.
Just Ledoux it
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

minus going deeper into the madness. what rule has he broken.
shindig

Post by shindig »

surly wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:31 am most amazing scene of the weekend, a missouri landmark bathed in purple. :D

I mean it is the Sweet 16, not like K-State won the NCAA tournament, when Union Station was Crimson and Blue. I'm guessing they just wanted to see what it looked like in Purple. ;)
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

They are putting together the commemorative film; “Week of Dominance: That Time We Went Further in the NCAA Than Kansas” in Hooterville right now. This dvd will be a rube heirloom, like Beanie Babies or a Thomas Kinkeade giclée canvas print, that you will pass down for generations. This DVD will feature interviews with superstar alums like “Super Cool” Michael Beasley.

“Man, you guys are just catching on. And that’s all I gotta say,” Beasley said. “I went to a small school in Manhattan, Kansas that nobody heard of in 25 years. The city of Manhattan has now multiplied five, six — should I be compensated?”

This commemorative DVD will only be available for a limited time at participating Food 4 Less, Dollar General and Family Dollar Stores in Western Kansas, get them while they last! You don’t want to miss out on the opportunity to own this DVD, it will be a lasting reminder of one of the greatest basketball seasons in Hooterville history.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

it says right there in the bored rules that trolling isn’t allowed
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

maybe the bored admin can set up one of those safe spaces. where the snowflakes can pet a puppy while having a good cry.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:35 pm maybe the bored admin can set up one of those safe spaces. where the snowflakes can pet a puppy while having a good cry.
then you’d finally have place for all your ignorant nonsense
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

somebody remind Super Cool Beas to get the weed out of view before the cameras roll.
surly

Post by surly »

shindig wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:00 pm
surly wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:31 am most amazing scene of the weekend, a missouri landmark bathed in purple. :D

I mean it is the Sweet 16, not like K-State won the NCAA tournament, when Union Station was Crimson and Blue. I'm guessing they just wanted to see what it looked like in Purple. ;)
are you saying its an omen?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:35 pm maybe the bored admin can set up one of those safe spaces. where the snowflakes can pet a puppy while having a good cry.
Lfmaooooo
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

surly wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:12 pm
shindig wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:00 pm

are you saying its an omen?
Yes, that they won't get to the NC game so better celebrate your victory now.

They will be taking "Week of Dominance" preorders at the Dollar General on the Mall in Hootervillle starting tomorrow, don't wait. Get your order in today,

but wait, there's more!

If you are one of the first 50 to order "Week of Dominance" you will get this extra gift as a token of our appreciation. "Bruce Weber's Greatest Hits" DVD will be yours for free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPD9DnekAg8
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
surly

Post by surly »