Norm Roberts appreciation thread

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 863

Re: Norm Roberts appreciation thread

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Enjoy the victory laps. You saying what Seth Davis tweets (and then posting the tweet hours later as "evidence") means absolutely nothing.

Also, anytime you start a sentence with "no disrespect" it's likely what comes next is disrespectful. There is no reason for Norm's name to be brought up at all.

PDub wins. He's been right all along. KU is not the best team this year. He's so proud of himself.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:07 pm
pdub wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:03 pm Taking notes here—
Illy and randy say you aren’t allowed to talk negatively about KU personnel after games.

So Bobby is off limits the rest of the season and next season if here for you both.

Maybe if Self took better care of himself Norm wouldn't have had to coach the last 10 days of the season during the single elimination portion when you have 24hrs to prepare for teams?

Absolutely unhinged response to Norm criticism. You need a break.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
Deleted User 863

A grown man with a chin dildo picture?

Nah fam.
Deleted User 863

Also: the "play" was for Jalen to take a 3 or drive. He chose to drive. He got trigger shy as the game went on. He needed to take the 3. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

The refs fucked KU. They lost control of the game. The KM "block" was a charge all year.

I don't blame Bill. But I certainly don't blame Norm. Norm isn't here to be the head coach of KU. We missed 7 free throws. 2 front ends of 1 and 1s. A dumbass unforced walking up turnover. Jalen didn't attempt a single shot outside of the paint the entire 2nd half. Gradey took 3 shots the entire 2nd half.

BUT, with under 30 seconds, we are tied, and KM should have drawn a charge, and been going to the line. Instead they get free throws, make one, miss one, Yesufu who replaces KM doesn't grab the rebound and they get the it, 2 more free throws. Suddenly down 3. And never took a single shot that could have tied the game the rest of the way.

That was the game deciding sequence in the grand scheme of things. Not the "play" call where Jalen decided to drive instead of shoot. Norm didn't tell them NOT to shoot a 3 like some wrongly assumed. Almost all of our player have multiple options and/or ways they can progress. Our play call got Jalen 1 on 1 in open space. He needed to create a little space and pull the 3.

Great season. One of my all time favorite groups of players we've had.

I rest my defense of Norm. I think it is really shitty anyone would even bring him up in a negative way due to the absence of Bill Self.

PDub can enjoy his 12months of victory laps until KU gets another chance in March. With NIL being here to stay it feels like PDub will be cheering against KU most of the time anyway, guess that's just something to get used to.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:53 pm Enjoy your laps.

Running here to shit on Norm after the loss was a piece of shit move from a piece of shit messageboard boxscore "expert".

Norm is the LAST person who deserves ANY blame for ANYTHING negative.
Norm absolutely deserves SOME blame for last night just as he deserves SOME praise for the Ws KU had with him as a head coach. Right? Or am I wrong?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

You are right.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

see…covid DOES exacerbate cuntiness
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:51 am A grown man with a chin dildo picture?

Nah fam.
A chin dildo picture isn't nearly as embarrassing as a grown man with a Chuck Norris picture. Dork.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

hasbeen wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:24 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:51 am A grown man with a chin dildo picture?

Nah fam.
A chin dildo picture isn't nearly as embarrassing as a grown man with a Chuck Norris picture. Dork.
Chuck Norris post-sentience too.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:01 pm Thanks, Norm!

Of all the assistants on this team, you're easily in the Top 3.

Luv ya!
Not even pedantic, but correct!
Deleted User 863

Sparko wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:30 am
hasbeen wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:24 am

Nah fam.
Chuck Norris post-sentience too.
That's not Chuck Norris. That's a picture of Plano.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

there's a funny vid I just saw of Chuck Norris. He says he was at some Joe Exotic sort of petting zoo, and walks up and starts petting a tiger. The tiger begins growling. The animal trainer runs in, all alarmed, and says, "whoa whoa whoa, careful! Avoid any eye contact, or sudden movements, and slooowly back away to safety."

So the tiger slowly backs away.
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:20 am there's a funny vid I just saw of Joe Dooley. He says he was at some Joe Exotic sort of petting zoo, and walks up and starts petting a tiger. The tiger begins growling. The animal trainer runs in, all alarmed, and says, "whoa whoa whoa, careful! Avoid any eye contact, or sudden movements, and slooowly back away to safety."

So the tiger slowly backs away.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

lol

the boogeyman checks under his bed for Joe Dooley every night.
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:19 pm lol

the boogeyman checks under his bed for Joe Dooley every night.
Wasn't there a full Joe Dooley thread a few years ago? Some gold there...
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

and in that UDK feature where you could call in and leave messages.

Joe Dooley's tears can cure cancer. The only problem is, he's never cried.

Trophy fish post photos on their instagram of Joe Dooley.

Joe Dooley can do a wheelie on a unicycle.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

So I watched end of game sequence again because that was a big talking point.

Jalen clearly had an option. You get a 1 on 1 and you do what you want, or you had Gradey Dick coming off a multi-level screen for a 3. But Jalen took off before Gradey even started that play.

The thing that hurt Kansas was Kevin missing a front end, Jalen missing a front end, we had a 5 second call, a 10 second violation.

The players lost the game. Now, I think Bill wins the game, but Norm didn’t lose the game.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Did Illy ban himself again?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

yea seems so
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Crazy thought of the day.....
Instead of Illy posting - what I may be giving him too much credit for - a well intentioned thread (that turned to shit), I'm thinking maybe next time if someone or something means a lot to him he can/should express his appreciation directly to that person.
I know, I know. like I said, "crazy thought".
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.