Mjl

Re: 2023-2024 lineup

Post by Mjl »

The idea Withey and DMac were equal offensively is insane
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don't like using OffRtg as an individual stat.
Lot of implications there - mostly regarding usage.
It's a good team stat though.

Ernest Udeh's OffRtg was this season was higher than DMac's best season.
Udeh is not better on offense than DMac.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Exactly
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

And yea, KCrim is a proprietary stat that is largely based on PER...but i've weighted it a bit more to production over efficiency.

Finally, i'm signing out for the night, but I've already been accused of boners for Dave so I really just need to take care of it.

God, look at the footwork.

https://www.kansascrimson.com/kcrimtitanic/
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

This back and forth is a classic. You've got pwhit with his weirdo obsession with Big Dave, right down to posting video of amazing footwork where no such amazing footwork exists. On the other side, you've got JFish and his going on 15-year bone piece for big, white centers who are elite defensively but do little to nothing on offense. Seriously, a classic of the genre. I love the offseason.

BTW, I don't care what Ortg or crimsonscores say, Shady is the best big of the Bill Self era. He just never got the volume because of the stacked ass teams he played on.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

hasbeen wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:19 am This back and forth is a classic. You've got pwhit with his weirdo obsession with Big Dave, right down to posting video of amazing footwork where no such amazing footwork exists. On the other side, you've got JFish and his going on 15-year bone piece for big, white centers who are elite defensively but do little to nothing on offense. Seriously, a classic of the genre. I love the offseason.

BTW, I don't care what Ortg or crimsonscores say, Shady is the best big of the Bill Self era. He just never got the volume because of the stacked ass teams he played on.
Shady was a god. I always talk about how severely underrated he is. Put shady on a team with no depth and he's the focal point (trob 2012 usage) and shady is a 1st team all american
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Ike Graham in the portal - maybe this guy could give us some experienced front court depth next season https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... graham-ike
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

randylahey wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:51 am
hasbeen wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:19 am This back and forth is a classic. You've got pwhit with his weirdo obsession with Big Dave, right down to posting video of amazing footwork where no such amazing footwork exists. On the other side, you've got JFish and his going on 15-year bone piece for big, white centers who are elite defensively but do little to nothing on offense. Seriously, a classic of the genre. I love the offseason.

Shady was a god. I always talk about how severely underrated he is. Put shady on a team with no depth and he's the focal point (trob 2012 usage) and shady is a 1st team all american
I remember when he called Self to give his verbal Bill said something like "you just made me a lot better coach".
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Shady was dream-y.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I see what you did there
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

He was also a bit ahead of his time. Woulda been devastating as a small-ball 5.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Speaking of ahead of their time, Julian Wright would be incredible in todays game. A better KJ.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

You know who would be great in today's game? Mario little
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

"Another player who I thought gave tremendous energy on Sunday morning was the East's Elmarko Jackson," Bossi wrote. "The guard from South Kent (Conn.) Prep who is headed to Kansas and ranks No. 21 overall was as engaged as anybody in the building. When his coaches were talking, he was locked in and immediately picked up everything they were putting down. He pulled teammates aside to help explain things, he was vocal on the floor and he played pretty well too. Jackson has a little extra bounce in his step that few of the other ball handlers have and that pop really lets him get into the lane and make things happen. During shooting drills, his shot looks like it is trending towards much improved. This kid looks like a guy that Bill Self is going to love."

The 6-foot-3 guard is a player who the KU coaching staff fell in love with last summer. Norm Roberts watched Jackson play in person on the grass roots circuit and led the recruitment for the four star guard. KU got the guard on campus for a visit in late September and he announced his commitment to KU just a few weeks later. In the end, Jackson picked KU over 27 other offers from the likes of Texas, Michigan, Ohio State and UCLA to name a few.
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

hes also nationally ranked in........Lacrosse....of all things. Cant hurt his footwork though.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He and KJ Adams can....play catch?
What do you call it in Lacrosse if you just practice throwing the ball at each other?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:15 am "Another player who I thought gave tremendous energy on Sunday morning was the East's Elmarko Jackson," Bossi wrote. "The guard from South Kent (Conn.) Prep who is headed to Kansas and ranks No. 21 overall was as engaged as anybody in the building. When his coaches were talking, he was locked in and immediately picked up everything they were putting down. He pulled teammates aside to help explain things, he was vocal on the floor and he played pretty well too. Jackson has a little extra bounce in his step that few of the other ball handlers have and that pop really lets him get into the lane and make things happen. During shooting drills, his shot looks like it is trending towards much improved. This kid looks like a guy that Bill Self is going to love."

The 6-foot-3 guard is a player who the KU coaching staff fell in love with last summer. Norm Roberts watched Jackson play in person on the grass roots circuit and led the recruitment for the four star guard. KU got the guard on campus for a visit in late September and he announced his commitment to KU just a few weeks later. In the end, Jackson picked KU over 27 other offers from the likes of Texas, Michigan, Ohio State and UCLA to name a few.
This is not exactly giving me the warm and fuzzies.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:45 am He and KJ Adams can....play catch?
What do you call it in Lacrosse if you just practice throwing the ball at each other?
I have no idea...

is that quiddich?
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

man, Self really making the most of that Hogwarts recruiting pipeline.