Kansas basketball 2022/2023 (hindsight)

Kansas Basketball.
randylahey

Re: Kansas basketball 2022/2023 (hindsight)

Post by randylahey »

I havent seen elmarko play in college yet, so ill save unrealistic expectations for another day. But elmarko is in a really good position, having a guy like dajuan as a mentor, and best case scenario if elmarko is a stud from day one, he can play alongside dajuan
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:36 am
ousdahl wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:32 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:29 am

There are no NBA point guards on our team currently.

Seems pretty fucking stupid to compare him to guys like Frank Tyshawn and Devonte.

Sounds like your issue is with us not having more NBA players. That's a recruiting issue. Not a DH issue.
why is it stupid to compare him to other guys who have played similar minutes in the same position as him?

Speaking of more NBA players and recruiting, non-zero chance that this time next year Self sits Dajuan and throws the Ferrari keys to Elmarko

just like Self did with Remy, despite hating the dood otherwise
Remy isn't an NBA PG.

Self didn't "sit" DH this time last year. God you're fucking stupid.

Remy can receive his flowers without pretending it was at the "expense" of DH. It wasn't. Anyone who watched knows that. Hell, they were in together a lot.

This is strangely the ONLY time you come to this section of the messageboard. When you have dumb, negative, and often inaccurate analysis to vomit to the rest of us. It's like me on the politics board.

Enjoy.
On more than one occasion in the tournament, Harris was on the bench while Remy played point at the end of games. And Bill did that, because unlike your dumb ass, he understood that in critical moments your ball dominant guard needs to be able to get a variety of different shots off. Remy had crucial layups, mid-range shots, and contested threes that always come at the end of games. Harris will be a starter for the rest of his time here, but no one -- including and especially Bill Self -- want him with the ball at the end of the game. That's why in addition to a big that can score in the post, it's vital to get a combo guard next to Harris who can get his own shit. Yesufu aint it. No one currently on the roster is.

"Watch the games" isn't an effective argument when it follows you displaying that you didn't watch the games.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

there is a chance. that by the time his career is wrapped up here at KU. we are considering dh the greatest JAYHAWK since SC.

we have 2 more years of this guy. who knows what more he can accomplish.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

whoa, yea, I forgot about Garrett.

Yea, Dajuan might be a better shooter than that dood. Marcus was only .348 on 66 attempts, but still averaged double digits...guess he was more of a threat to slash?

but yea, I agree in principle on hesitating on Dajuan's billing as having "magical floor general powers," or generally should be beyond criticism.

He's not a shooter, not a slasher, so very much a pass first floor general sort of PG. As such, and if he's not gonna be a "go get us a bucket when we need it" kind of guard like so many other guards we've had, I wish he could at least be better about being a "go get someone else a bucket when we need it" kind of dood.

You'd think a true "floor general/pass first PG" should be worth that much. Break down the defense and go make something happen in crunch time, rather than forget to bring the ball past timeline and such.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

randylahey wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:38 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:29 am

There are no NBA point guards on our team currently.

Seems pretty fucking stupid to compare him to guys like Frank Tyshawn and Devonte.

Sounds like your issue is with us not having more NBA players. That's a recruiting issue. Not a DH issue.
why is it stupid to compare him to other guys who have played similar minutes in the same position as him?

Speaking of more NBA players and recruiting, non-zero chance that this time next year Self sits Dajuan and throws the Ferrari keys to Elmarko

LOL. Elmarko will be lucky if he gets to pick up dajuans dirty towels next season
LOL

I mean my goodness, suggesting we'd be better sitting a 4th year national champion winning PG for a freshman ranked around 20th in his class cracks me up.

As if, if Elmarko is NBA good year 1, they wouldn't be capable of playing side by side.

It's just a vendetta and negativity thing. He does this every single off season. Shits on players with his bad analysis.
Deleted User 863

hasbeen wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:43 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:36 am

Remy isn't an NBA PG.

Self didn't "sit" DH this time last year. God you're fucking stupid.

Remy can receive his flowers without pretending it was at the "expense" of DH. It wasn't. Anyone who watched knows that. Hell, they were in together a lot.

This is strangely the ONLY time you come to this section of the messageboard. When you have dumb, negative, and often inaccurate analysis to vomit to the rest of us. It's like me on the politics board.

Enjoy.
On more than one occasion in the tournament, Harris was on the bench while Remy played point at the end of games. And Bill did that, because unlike your dumb ass, he understood that in critical moments your ball dominant guard needs to be able to get a variety of different shots off. Remy had crucial layups, mid-range shots, and contested threes that always come at the end of games. Harris will be a starter for the rest of his time here, but no one -- including and especially Bill Self -- want him with the ball at the end of the game. That's why in addition to a big that can score in the post, it's vital to get a combo guard next to Harris who can get his own shit. Yesufu aint it. No one currently on the roster is.

"Watch the games" isn't an effective argument when it follows you displaying that you didn't watch the games.
DH not playing every second of every game isn't the same as getting benched.

But you know that.

Remy was awesome. We don't win it all without him.

Have a good day chin dildo guy!
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:46 am but still averaged double digits...guess he was more of a threat to slash?
Or maybe, he was on a shittier team surrounded by shittier players? Assuming you're talking about the dedric year.

Do some research and get back to us.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:45 am there is a chance. that by the time his career is wrapped up here at KU. we are considering dh the greatest JAYHAWK since SC.

Giggle.

If Harris wants to go down as the greatest Jayhawk since Sherron Collins, then he should probably quit the basketball team, enroll in medical school and find the cure for cancer. That's more realistic.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

nope, not talking about the Dedric year.

Maybe you should do some research and get back to us?

I'm talking about that year when Marcus played lead guard - you know, that year I was criticizing that "shittier team" with the "shittier players" that surrounded Marcus, yet you still give me hell for saying as much about underclassman Haunkey Taunk.

serious question, illy:

do you even watch the games?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don't think it's out of the question that Harris up's his PPG to 12 PPG while averaging 6.5 APG next season.
And maybe something like 14.5 and 7.5 in his final season?

14.5 and 7.5 plus DPOY will get you 1st team All B12 honors -- maaaybe even on a 3rd team AA squad.
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:58 am nope, not talking about the Dedric year.

Maybe you should do some research and get back to us?

I'm talking about that year when Marcus played lead guard - you know, that year I was criticizing that "shittier team" with the "shittier players" that surrounded Marcus, yet you still give me hell for saying as much about underclassman Haunkey Taunk.

serious question, illy:

do you even watch the games?
2020-2021

On a shitty team (compared to this one).

Dedric was the other shitty team (compared to this one) he was on 2 yrs earlier.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:55 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:45 am there is a chance. that by the time his career is wrapped up here at KU. we are considering dh the greatest JAYHAWK since SC.

Giggle.

If Harris wants to go down as the greatest Jayhawk since Sherron Collins, then he should probably quit the basketball team, enroll in medical school and find the cure for cancer. That's more realistic.
I mean, he DOES stand to be the winningest Jayhawk of all time, right?

But that more than anything is prob just a testament to the covid bonus year.

but yea, I dunno if Dajuan is suddenly gonna show up like some All-American sorta lead guard, though stranger things have happened. The thing he does have going for him is, seasoned upperclassmen have been known to take such leaps...
Deleted User 863

Man, we need 5 1st team AA starters or we are fucked!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

nah.

we need Dajuan to be the best yet version of himself.

Floor general, set up others, take care of the ball, disrupt defensively, hit timely shots.

All that, while also mitigating the dumb mistakes in big moments and such.

Heck, like I said earlier, we prob do need him to be a double digit scorer, too. I think he might even be capable, as well, now he and Self realized it, and that coach started actually running stuff for him sometimes. Run a few sets a game specifically meant to get Dajuan downhill. And downhill intending to get to the rim as the first option (though the lob is usually there too)

Maybe a couple other sets meant to get Dajuan an open 3, since he can actually hit open 3s, and since the D otherwise never expects us to run a look from 3 for Dajuan.

aaaand here's your reminder that Dajuan failed to attempt a free throw in 20 of 36 games this year. Without looking up stats to compare, that just seems awful awful low for a floor general lead guard with the ball in his hands as much as Dajuan. Heck, he only attempted 47 free throws all year, which is almost half as many donuts as his attempted 3s!

But he's also only a 59% ft shooter, so maybe we don't want to make a point to get him to the line more, I guess....
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:07 pm Man, we need 5 1st team AA starters or we are fucked!
works well for Kentucky.......wait....
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

DH has been a reticent leader. He looks uncomfortable in that role. That is a huge limitation for a PG.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

UK hasn't had a 1st team AA since Tyler Ulis in 2016.

crazy that we've had like 5 since.

fun fact: UK's first AA selection was back in 2021, for a dood named Basil Hayden...tho I dunno if he was actually that good at basketball, or he just got the selection committee really gushered.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:49 pm UK hasn't had a 1st team AA since Tyler Ulis in 2016.

crazy that we've had like 5 since.

fun fact: UK's first AA selection was back in 2021, for a dood named Basil Hayden...tho I dunno if he was actually that good at basketball, or he just got the selection committee really gushered.
Wut?
Tshwiebwe.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

lol
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

oh damn.

that's a testament to how much (little) attention I give to UK basketball.

I just did a quick google and, upon further consideration, now think Walter's Wildcat World hasn't been updated in a while.

https://www.wildcatworld.com/kentucky-b ... americans/

I'm guessing Walter too prob went a little heavy on the Basil Hayden.