Coaching Rumors

Kansas Basketball.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: Coaching Rumors

Post by DCHawk1 »

Remember when you guys fired Dana Altman?

Cuz LOL
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:10 pm Remember when you guys fired Dana Altman?

Cuz LOL
thass cold
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

surly wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:17 pm huggins went home to his alma mater. you begrudge him that? i don't. lonnie leaving, i mean he left many places.
Dimmy, we don't begrudge anyone leaving Hooterville.

If they can escape, they should.

You on the other hand seem like you fit right in.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:10 pm Remember when you guys fired Dana Altman?
Mich has never heard of no Altman or Eugene, there must be at least 150 better jobs and coaches than those two.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

James Naismith was the beginning of KU domination of the kitties.
Defense. Rebounds.
surly

Post by surly »

Cuz LOL
dana altman was 19-37 in b8 conference play before leaving for creighton.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

japhy wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:00 pm Pitino to St. Johns, still no word on whether or not "Scarecrow" will stay on as an assistant.

We know Tang will want to get out of the Big 12 before the Self Derangement Syndrome that took out his predecessors infects him in Hootervillle. Wichita State is looking to upgrade so there might be mutual interest there. The move won't cost Tang as much as leaving the State would. Wayne Tinkle may be gone in Corvallis which is a big upgrade from Hooterville so that might be a good option for Tang as well.
Tang isn't leaving KSU for Wichita State or Oregon State. Come on.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the fdu coach is now the iona coach.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:10 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:40 pm
surly wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:14 pm y'all can hope and wish all you want that tang leaves, i suppose. it's a bit like klieman leaving. and taylor leaving. and before that, snyder leaving.
LOL, no.

It's a bit like Huggy leaving. And Frank leaving. And Lonnie leaving (that one HAD to sting, given that he's an alumnus, and you're not)....
"This guy won't leave," is something that seems to be heard out of Manhattan every 3-6 years.
It's what Providence fans were saying about Cooley right up until the day he was hired at Georgetown.
surly

Post by surly »

twocoach wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:05 am
DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:40 pm

LOL, no.

It's a bit like Huggy leaving. And Frank leaving. And Lonnie leaving (that one HAD to sting, given that he's an alumnus, and you're not)....
"This guy won't leave," is something that seems to be heard out of Manhattan every 3-6 years.
It's what Providence fans were saying about Cooley right up until the day he was hired at Georgetown.
i don't follow providence like you obviously do. but i do watch what coach tang is doing at k-state and why he came here. he's going nowhere. he is already approaching the sport's pinnacle in his first year.
Last edited by surly on Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

this is a basketball board (and discussion), numbnutz

nobody here gives two shits about your fb coach
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

surly wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:10 am
twocoach wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:05 am

i don't follow providence like you obviously do. but i do watch what coach tang is doing at k-state and why he came here. he's going nowhere. he is already approaching the sport's pinnacle in his first year.
I feel like we're at the part of the movie where the sad-sack kid SWEARS the sixteen year old girl next door will stay with him forever, because he's sweet and loyal and kind. Even if she gets hot and goes away to college. For serious.
surly

Post by surly »

your feelings are your own, i have mine to deal with after all.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

imagine thinking tied for 3rd in the conference and a sweet sixteen as "approaching the sports pinnacle" holy balls
Last edited by TDub on Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just Ledoux it
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

he is far more likely to get an extension and a pay increase.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
surly

Post by surly »

TDub wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:48 am imagine thinking tied for 3rd in the conference and a sweet sixteen as "approaching the sports pinnacle" holy balls
isn't the final 4 the sport's pinnacle? coach tang is two wins away, i.e. approaching the sport's pinnacle.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:48 am he is far more likely to get an extension and a pay increase.
He will get those things. And it probably won't stop him from leaving if/when a better job comes open.

Objectively, the ONLY destination job in the Big 12 is Kansas. No amount of pretending otherwise, changes that.

I like KSU being good. I hope Tang stays, despite greener pastures elsewhere. I just think it's dumb as hell to expect that.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

surly wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:50 am
TDub wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:48 am imagine thinking tied for 3rd in the conference and a sweet sixteen as "approaching the sports pinnacle" holy balls
isn't the final 4 the sport's pinnacle? coach tang is two wins away, i.e. approaching the sport's pinnacle.
I would suggest that, sort of by definition, something that is not the highest you can go cannot be the pinnacle of anything.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'd say the pinnacle would be winning the B12 regular season, winning the B12 tournament, having a 1st team All American, having the MOP of the NCAA tournament and winning the NCAA tournament.

Wonder if any team has done that recently?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

lol
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?