Coaching Rumors

Kansas Basketball.
TDub
Contributor

Re: Coaching Rumors

Post by TDub »

surly wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:50 am
TDub wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:48 am imagine thinking tied for 3rd in the conference and a sweet sixteen as "approaching the sports pinnacle" holy balls
isn't the final 4 the sport's pinnacle? coach tang is two wins away, i.e. approaching the sport's pinnacle.
it must be exhausting to continually feel the need to scream we are relevant! into a dark empty (hopefully padded) room.
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:57 am I'd say the pinnacle would be winning the B12 regular season, winning the B12 tournament, having a 1st team All American, having the MOP of the NCAA tournament and winning the NCAA tournament.

Wonder if any team has done that recently?
KSU: We aspire to do, once, what other programs do (1) as a matter of course (league titles); (2) with some frequency (Final Fours) or (3) on occasion (titles).
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TDub wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:01 pm
TDub wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:48 am imagine thinking tied for 3rd in the conference and a sweet sixteen as "approaching the sports pinnacle" holy balls
isn't the final 4 the sport's pinnacle? coach tang is two wins away, i.e. approaching the sport's pinnacle.
it must be exhausting to continually feel the need to scream we are relevant! into a dark empty (hopefully padded) room.
Is there a banner for "Two wins away from being two wins away"?
surly

Post by surly »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:54 am
I would suggest that, sort of by definition, something that is not the highest you can go cannot be the pinnacle of anything.
you'd have to explain yourself further because that sentence doesn't make sense to me. the final 4 is the highest. coach tang is approaching that, which is what i wrote.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

:lol:
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

surly wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:08 pm

I would suggest that, sort of by definition, something that is not the highest you can go cannot be the pinnacle of anything.
you'd have to explain yourself further because that sentence doesn't make sense to me. the final 4 is the highest. coach tang is approaching that, which is what i wrote.
Let me help.

Take this:

And now rotate it 90 degrees counter-clockwise.

That clear things up?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

their bracket has certainly set up very nicely for them.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I hope Tang's second year after almost kinda sorta maybe approaching the pinnacle of the sport is as successful as Hubert Davis's was after he was 20 minutes from actually being AT the pinnacle.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:17 pm
surly wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:08 pm

Let me help.

Take this:

And now rotate it 90 degrees counter-clockwise.

That clear things up?
Dying.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:20 pm I hope Tang's second year after almost kinda sorta maybe approaching the pinnacle of the sport is as successful as Hubert Davis's was after he was 20 minutes from actually being AT the pinnacle.
Let me illustrate how silly Timmy's confidence is.

What if Tang's second season actually IS successful, and Davis' third season is not.

UNC comes after Tang.

Tang says no?

The problem, for a place like KSU, is that the threat isn't just bluebloods, or even second tier schools (your Arizonas, UCONNs, Villanovas, and so on). It's third tier schools (your Texases, Ohio States, etc.) and even fourth tier schools (roughly half of the rest of the major conferences).

That's the threat pool.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

bobby hurley rumored to providence.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

statie is the kind of job where coaches go to prove 1) they’re good enough for a better job; or 2) they’ve just been lucky and really don’t have the chops for maintained success at a high major program

in either case, coaches won’t/don’t last. it’s just not any sort of destination job (see point 1). add to that the delusion of their admin., AD, and fanbase that they are (see point two), and it’s just not a situation primed for any sort of sustained success
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
surly

Post by surly »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:40 pm statie is the kind of job where coaches go to prove 1) they’re good enough for a better job; or 2) they’ve just been lucky and really don’t have the chops for maintained success at a high major program

in either case, coaches won’t/don’t last. it’s just not any sort of destination job (see point 1). add to that the delusion of their admin., AD, and fanbase that they are (see point two), and it’s just not a situation primed for any sort of sustained success
the problem with your thought, simple as it may be, is that based on known facts chris klieman has turned down advances from both michigan state and nebraska. and collin klein turned down the o'coordinator job at notre dame.
Last edited by surly on Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

this is a basketball board, numbnutz

the problem with all your posts…is that they’re simple [-minded]
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

in my mind there is something like 10-15(tops) destination jobs.

so if i believe this. outside of those 10-15 coaches. why does any coach stay anywhere.

a great coach can make almost any school a great job.
surly

Post by surly »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:46 pm this is a basketball board, numbnutz

well, i believe these discussion apply to major sports with regard to coaches leaving, thus football is germane in this context, albeit k-state is known as a football-first school. i get that too.
Last edited by surly on Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

surly wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:48 pm
KUTradition wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:46 pm this is a basketball board, numbnutz

well, i believe these discussion apply to major sports with regard to coaching leaving, albeit k-state is known as a football-first school.
then take your bs to the football board

the subject here is basketball coaches

shouldn’t be that hard…
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

mike brey rumored to usf.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:04 pm
TDub wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:01 pm

Is there a banner for "Two wins away from being two wins away"?
Nope, but they light up Union Station in your team colors if they don't have the confidence that you will keep winning.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

surly wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:48 pm

well, i believe these discussion apply to major sports with regard to coaches leaving, thus football is germane in this context, albeit k-state is known as a football-first school. i get that too.
And yet, your football team still has a loosing record to us.
Defense. Rebounds.