Coaching Rumors

Kansas Basketball.
surly

Re: Coaching Rumors

Post by surly »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:49 pm
surly wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:48 pm
KUTradition wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:46 pm this is a basketball board, numbnutz

the problem with all your posts…is that they’re simple [-minded]
well, i believe these discussion apply to major sports with regard to coaches leaving, thus football is germane in this context, albeit k-state is known as a football-first school. i get that too.
And yet, your football team still has a loosing record to us.

"losing"
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

google "has kansas state ever won a national championship" and even the wiki result is coming up with an excuse.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:46 pm this is a basketball board, numbnutz

the problem with all your posts…is that they’re simple [-minded]
well, i believe these discussion apply to major sports with regard to coaches leaving, thus football is germane in this context, albeit k-state is known as a football-first school. i get that too.
No.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
surly

Post by surly »

pdub wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:54 pm google "has kansas state ever won a national championship" and even the wiki result is coming up with an excuse.
well, there's always a first in hoops and football. the school has many nationals in its academic endeavors.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Kansascrimson.com : Kansas basketball and sports talk, news, analytics.
Board > index > Sports > Basketball
surly

Post by surly »

pdub wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:59 pm Kansascrimson.com : Kansas basketball and sports talk, news, analytics.
Board > index > Sports > Basketball
don't believe there are any rumors about ku coaches other than self's health. glad he's getting better. silver lining to losing is that he's off the stress and can heal.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

if i was looking for soil championships, i'd have gone to ag.ksu.edu.
in this context, when i ask if ksu has won any national championships, i mean in sports and in sports that matter.

i think you wrote the wiki actually:

"Kansas State has not won any team NCAA championships, but has several individual national champions. The Kansas State athletic department is one of a limited number in the United States, and the only one in Kansas, that operates with no monetary contribution from the broader academic institution."
surly

Post by surly »

pdub wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:03 pm if i was looking for soil championships, i'd have gone to ag.ksu.edu.
in this context, when i ask if ksu has won any national championships, i mean in sports and in sports that matter.

i think you wrote the wiki actually:

"Kansas State has not won any team NCAA championships, but has several individual national champions. The Kansas State athletic department is one of a limited number in the United States, and the only one in Kansas, that operates with no monetary contribution from the broader academic institution."
i did not write that.
surly

Post by surly »

Simon Charles
@S_CharlesNFL
#BREAKING: Kim English will officially be the next coach of Providence College basketball per sources.

English comes highly recommended by former friar, Rick Barnes. Barnes coached alongside English at Tennessee.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

surly wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:50 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:49 pm

And yet, your football team still has a loosing record to us.

"losing"
Ban this looser.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

surly wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:10 am
twocoach wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:05 am
jfish26 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:10 pm

"This guy won't leave," is something that seems to be heard out of Manhattan every 3-6 years.
It's what Providence fans were saying about Cooley right up until the day he was hired at Georgetown.
i don't follow providence like you obviously do. but i do watch what coach tang is doing at k-state and why he came here. he's going nowhere. he is already approaching the sport's pinnacle in his first year.
That's a bit of an overdramatic stretch there, surly.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:54 pm google "has kansas state ever won a national championship" and even the wiki result is coming up with an excuse.
Lol. That's amazing 👏
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Paul Mills from Oral Roberts to Wichita State. Fine move for them.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

I don't understand why WSU wouldn't give Isaac Brown at least another year in what will be a watered-down AAC.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Would have been cheaper for them, that's for sure. But Brown lost a lot of games that they were leading late and collapsed. What KU did on Saturday, Wichita State did at least 5 times this season. Including against Houston in Wichita.

A conference of existing teams:
Wichita State
Tulsa
Memphis
Tulane
East Carolina
Temple
SMU
USF
And new teams:
UAB
FAU
Rice
North Texas
Charlotte
UTSA

Ain't that scary at all. Pretty weak conference.

They've lost A LOT to the portal though and that's their concern.
Council at Arkansas, Stevenson at West Va, Sherfield went from Wichita St to Nevada to OU, and some others. Too many to name for them. About to lose a handful too from this year's team too.

They had to get fresh blood in there.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
surly

Post by surly »

the texas/rodney terry situation is one of the most perplexing i've ever followed. not sure if they already have an agreement in place, or if chris del conte is the most obnoxious azzhat a.d. in the game?
Last edited by surly on Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
digitalkookie

Post by digitalkookie »

Who the hell is Rodney Perry? Obviously, you're not following the situation that closely.