From Hooterville to Hosannaville

Kansas Basketball.
japhy
Contributor

From Hooterville to Hosannaville

Post by japhy »

Mike Brey is out at Notre Dame.

Looking for a coach who has experience in a faith based program....hmmm, who is the coaching flavor of the month now?

Roy Williams, Coach K, Boeheim are all retired from the ACC. How convenient.

Seems like the perfect time for an up and comer to get a big pay raise, step out of the big guys shadows and avoid the career pitfall of Self Derangement Syndrome.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: From Hooterville to Hosannaville

Post by pdub »

I don't think he goes anywhere.
He's in a good conference. His fans already are infatuated. He can do no wrong.

Take a look at Bruce. In his first year, he tied for the B12 lead ( despite loosing 3 times that season to KU ). That got him all sorts of wiggle room to be decent/good every four years.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:30 am I don't think he goes anywhere.
He's in a good conference. His fans already are infatuated. He can do no wrong.

Take a look at Bruce. In his first year, he tied for the B12 lead ( despite loosing 3 times that season to KU ). That got him all sorts of wiggle room to be decent/good every four years.
Fundamentally different. Bruce was at State because he failed at a better job. He was on his way down the ladder. He wasn't going to move back up the ladder.

Tang is on the ascent. I don't know if he'd jump for an incrementally-better job. But would he for North Carolina or Texas? Yes. Ohio State or Syracuse? Maybe?
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

This post was made on Thursday night? Wasn’t Shrewsberry already announced as coach before this speculation was made?

I don’t think Tang stays at K-State. But I doubt he leaves this year.