Solstice/Convergence 2023

Coffee talk.
japhy
Contributor

Re: Solstice/Convergence 2023

Post by japhy »

Rumor has it that Aaron Rogers tried to join this band while he was trippin out of the country but he is terminally uncool and can't dance so they told him to go back to Merica.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rzQV6iRZ3c
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i hope Japhy and Defix didn’t get stood up

i’ll feel bad for not going
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

The scene in Bill's Big Party Garage on Friday and Saturday nights. The tres leches lasted for two nights and a morning. We had it for breakfast on Sunday morning before we left town. There were six tents in the side yard with a fire pit and multiple mattresses scattered around the 10,000 sf of the place for "campers". And we had some "campers" staying at Alluvium. There were a number of folks out at the Frontier Drive Inn and in Monte Vista as well. My brother brought about 6 pounds of BBQ pork and we had a food truck and a coffee truck every day. Next year it is highly likely there will be shrooms. We just got home a few hours ago and I am tired.

japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Here's some images of Alluvium during the Solstice event, this is where the Crimson/Blue Fest will be headquartered.

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Looks woke.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

There was an incident that occurred on Saturday evening, really Sunday morning at Solstice.

First a little background. We have some new neighbors in the Empire. We call them Special K and Day Ray/Night Ray. Ray Ray was given his nickname by Annie Oakley and Peachwheat. They find Ray Ray hysterically funny. Day Ray tries to keep his shit together and act his age, 27, but Night Ray checks in at about 12 on the maturity scale. The girls love Night Ray. Special K is a science teacher and his background is in botany research. Special K has used this skill to develop his own hybrid strain of cannabis just for the Empire. The supply seems to be endless. He and Ray Ray always have joints in their pockets and are ready to fire them up at the slightest hint that someone "needs" a hit. They are a couple of intrepid young pioneers who have taken up residence to homestead in the abandoned boxing gym next to Defix. We think they will be great additions to the Empire's cast of characters.

So on the morning of June 25th at about 2:00 AM, the music was winding down at the Big Party Garage and people were dropping onto matts in corners to sleep it off when a pickup came roaring up the garage door and two individuals of interest jumped out of the back of the truck and snatched up the keg and tossed it into the truck bed. Shocked onlookers were unable to react due to stupor as the banditos left with screeching tires and rounded the corner onto Worth Street.

Reports the next day from Defix were that hysterical crazed laughter was coming through the concrete wall from the boxing gym next door until sunrise. We have no idea of the extent or the full nature of the activities that went on until about 5:00 AM, but we were able to get this one short segment of security camera footage. We know that there were 4-5 individuals involved. Any assistance the public can provide as to the identity of these individuals is greatly appreciated. The keg was returned later that morning empty.

https://youtu.be/2lg_jabsFJQ
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

The miscreants. Proof our society is coming apart at the seams...
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

I'll attest to that video, acoustically at the least.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

japhy wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:03 pm The scene in Bill's Big Party Garage on Friday and Saturday nights. The tres leches lasted for two nights and a morning. We had it for breakfast on Sunday morning before we left town. There were six tents in the side yard with a fire pit and multiple mattresses scattered around the 10,000 sf of the place for "campers". And we had some "campers" staying at Alluvium. There were a number of folks out at the Frontier Drive Inn and in Monte Vista as well. My brother brought about 6 pounds of BBQ pork and we had a food truck and a coffee truck every day. Next year it is highly likely there will be shrooms. We just got home a few hours ago and I am tired.

The bomb.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Peachwheat? Do tell.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

defixione wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:01 am Peachwheat? Do tell.
Short young blonde from Cincinnati area. We were drinking at Three Barrels Brewery in Del Norte and she became infatuated with the Peachwheat beer and adopted that as her "stripper name" for the weekend. She and Annie spent so much time laughing that your wife asked me if they "were doing shrooms?".

They were just high on life all weekend.

I have a feeling "Peaches" will be a regular at Solstice from now on.