Robert f Kennedy jr

Ugh.
JKLivin
Contributor

Re: Robert f Kennedy jr

Post by JKLivin »

randylahey wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:39 pm He's now an independent candidate that delivered a pretty big time speech about how the 2 party system has absolutely failed this country

He refuses to toe the party line; thus he is anathema.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:44 pm
randylahey wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:39 pm He's now an independent candidate that delivered a pretty big time speech about how the 2 party system has absolutely failed this country

1:18 PM · Oct 9, 2023
The Kennedy family has words for RFK Jr. 🔥

Kerry Kennedy
@KerryKennedyRFK

@roryekennedy @joekennedy @KKT_Kennedy[/i]

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Shirley wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:33 pm
JKLivin wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:44 pm

1:18 PM · Oct 9, 2023
The Kennedy family has words for RFK Jr. 🔥

Kerry Kennedy
@KerryKennedyRFK

@roryekennedy @joekennedy @KKT_Kennedy[/i]

Case in point.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Ruh roh!
He may not have bolts sticking out of his neck, but Robert F. Kennedy Jr. is morphing into the MAGA version of Frankenstein's monster. For months, he's been propped up by Donald Trump's sprawling propaganda apparatus, from Fox News to Steve Bannon's podcast, as he makes a fruitless bid to run for president. Even though the son of the assassinated former attorney general claimed to be a Democrat challenging President Joe Biden in the primary, most, if not all, of the staffing and financing for his campaign came from Republicans.

It's not because Republican power players like or even respect Kennedy. On the contrary, they see him for what he is: An unhinged conspiracy theorist with a massive ego that makes him easy to manipulate. They just thought they could use him, and his famous name, to make life hard for Biden in the Democratic primary, thereby weakening the president's general election campaign.

Well, that didn't work out how the rat-f*ckers had hoped. Kennedy is still running for president, but he has given up on the Democratic primary route. Turns out that Democratic voters are not as stupid as Fox News and Steve Bannon think they are. While there was an initial bout of interest from some primary voters, as soon as they found out that RFK Jr. has rejected his family's legacy of both liberalism and support for science, polls show they return to backing Biden. So Kennedy, whose main motivation has obviously always been getting attention and pushing his various conspiracy theories, is switching tactics: Dropping out of the primary to run as an independent.

Some Biden supporters panicked, no doubt thinking about past spoiler candidates like Ralph Nader and Jill Stein. But the actual Biden campaign seems unworried about losing votes, especially once people learn about Kennedy's history of lying, anti-semitic conspiracy theories, and getting people killed through disinformation campaigns. But there is one pool of voters who doesn't care about any of that: MAGA voters. Indeed, many see it as a plus if a candidate is a greedy con artist who doesn't care who is hurt by his lies, which is why they are so drawn to Trump.

Could Kennedy pull votes away from Trump? Trump's campaign team certainly seems to think so, at least according to Shelby Talcott at Semafor. She reports that "internal campaign polling suggests his expected third party bid could draw more votes from Trump than President Joe Biden in a general election." In their typical self-aggrandizing style, a Trump campaign member told Semafor they plan on "dropping napalm after napalm on his head reminding the public of his very liberal views."

They may find that this is a more difficult task than their belligerent rhetoric suggests. Because the slice of voters Trump and Kennedy could be competing over aren't defined by political beliefs that map neatly onto concepts like "liberal" or "conservative." Instead, they're fighting over the crank vote: People who are addicted to gobbling down kooky, bizarre and above all, false information. The QAnon crowd, in other words.

Trump has long had a lot of sway over conspiracy theory nuts, because of his flagrant contempt for the truth. From birth conspiracy theories to the Big Lie to his habit of continually lying about everything from his pocketbook to his golf scores, Trump broadcasts every moment of every day that what he wishes to believe matters more than actual facts. For people who put a premium on living in a fantasy world — either to escape the humdrum of reality or because doing so feeds their egotistical need to feel like special snowflakes — Trump's presidency was a permission slip to get buck wild with the bullshit.
What's better than John John transporting into Dallas on a moonbeam?

Lil Bobby riding into Washington on an ashen horse teleported on the internet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6isXNVdguI8
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:15 am Ruh roh!
He may not have bolts sticking out of his neck, but Robert F. Kennedy Jr. is morphing into the MAGA version of Frankenstein's monster. For months, he's been propped up by Donald Trump's sprawling propaganda apparatus, from Fox News to Steve Bannon's podcast, as he makes a fruitless bid to run for president. Even though the son of the assassinated former attorney general claimed to be a Democrat challenging President Joe Biden in the primary, most, if not all, of the staffing and financing for his campaign came from Republicans.

It's not because Republican power players like or even respect Kennedy. On the contrary, they see him for what he is: An unhinged conspiracy theorist with a massive ego that makes him easy to manipulate. They just thought they could use him, and his famous name, to make life hard for Biden in the Democratic primary, thereby weakening the president's general election campaign.

Well, that didn't work out how the rat-f*ckers had hoped. Kennedy is still running for president, but he has given up on the Democratic primary route. Turns out that Democratic voters are not as stupid as Fox News and Steve Bannon think they are. While there was an initial bout of interest from some primary voters, as soon as they found out that RFK Jr. has rejected his family's legacy of both liberalism and support for science, polls show they return to backing Biden. So Kennedy, whose main motivation has obviously always been getting attention and pushing his various conspiracy theories, is switching tactics: Dropping out of the primary to run as an independent.

Some Biden supporters panicked, no doubt thinking about past spoiler candidates like Ralph Nader and Jill Stein. But the actual Biden campaign seems unworried about losing votes, especially once people learn about Kennedy's history of lying, anti-semitic conspiracy theories, and getting people killed through disinformation campaigns. But there is one pool of voters who doesn't care about any of that: MAGA voters. Indeed, many see it as a plus if a candidate is a greedy con artist who doesn't care who is hurt by his lies, which is why they are so drawn to Trump.

Could Kennedy pull votes away from Trump? Trump's campaign team certainly seems to think so, at least according to Shelby Talcott at Semafor. She reports that "internal campaign polling suggests his expected third party bid could draw more votes from Trump than President Joe Biden in a general election." In their typical self-aggrandizing style, a Trump campaign member told Semafor they plan on "dropping napalm after napalm on his head reminding the public of his very liberal views."

They may find that this is a more difficult task than their belligerent rhetoric suggests. Because the slice of voters Trump and Kennedy could be competing over aren't defined by political beliefs that map neatly onto concepts like "liberal" or "conservative." Instead, they're fighting over the crank vote: People who are addicted to gobbling down kooky, bizarre and above all, false information. The QAnon crowd, in other words.

Trump has long had a lot of sway over conspiracy theory nuts, because of his flagrant contempt for the truth. From birth conspiracy theories to the Big Lie to his habit of continually lying about everything from his pocketbook to his golf scores, Trump broadcasts every moment of every day that what he wishes to believe matters more than actual facts. For people who put a premium on living in a fantasy world — either to escape the humdrum of reality or because doing so feeds their egotistical need to feel like special snowflakes — Trump's presidency was a permission slip to get buck wild with the bullshit.
What's better than John John transporting into Dallas on a moonbeam?

Lil Bobby riding into Washington on an ashen horse teleported on the internet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6isXNVdguI8
Mods, please move to the FAFO thread.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Yeah, we all know what an "independent" is. Why should we vote for you?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Hannity is a dickhead. I think kennedy could get a large draw for an independent, and by that I mean maybe 6/7 % of the vote compared to more like 2%

But I dont think it's a huge threat to either side, I think it'll be relatively split from R/D detractors
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

That's why both biden and trump people are upset by kennedy going independent. Neither side wants to lose a couple points
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

RFK Jr will slowly fade away into the sunset as time goes on.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

The more RFK speaks, the less relevant he will be.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

dolomite wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:40 am RFK Jr will slowly fade away into the sunset as time goes on.
^^^
Overlander wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:26 pm The more RFK speaks, the less relevant he will be.
^^^

I assume he's going to fade away too, especially now that it doesn't appear he's going to enjoy the support of Bannon, Trump Jr., Fox News et al, like he did when he was thought to be a threat to Biden.

At the same time, he's also likely to gain some exposure in the near-term for coming out from behind Biden as a democrat.

Like Overlander says, and I experienced this watching his recent declaration that he's an "Independent", the more you see him, the crazier he seems to be. I don't know how anyone could listen to and watch him and come away thinking that he'd make a good anything, let alone, president.

He needs help.
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Overlander wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:26 pm The more RFK speaks, the less relevant he will be.
Simpleton me says......
I hope you're right but I'm not too convinced you are.
The best thing going for him is that he's not Joe Biden and he's not Donald Trump.
There are people who prefer his "messages" to Biden's and Trump's. If/when he continues to get trough to people and explain why he's a better choice than Biden or Trump I have a bad feeling people will jump on his bandwagon. Not enough to get him elected but possibly enough to not get Biden or Trump elected.
I'm not going to vote for RFK Jr. but I'm also probably not going to vote for Biden or Trump. Who/what does that leave me with? Mickey Mouse, Mr. Clean, or Ronald McDonald? Which is basically what I feel I also have with RFKJr, Biden, and Trump.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:06 pm
dolomite wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:40 am RFK Jr will slowly fade away into the sunset as time goes on.
^^^
^^^

I assume he's going to fade away too, especially now that it doesn't appear he's going to enjoy the support of Bannon, Trump Jr., Fox News et al, like he did when he was thought to be a threat to Biden.

At the same time, he's also likely to gain some exposure in the near-term for coming out from behind Biden as a democrat.

Like Overlander says, and I experienced this watching his recent declaration that he's an "Independent", the more you see him, the crazier he seems to be. I don't know how anyone could listen to and watch him and come away thinking that he'd make a good anything, let alone, president.

He needs help.
I'm not an educated man but one of the few things I have learned in my life is to never underestimate the stupidity (or at least the gullibility) of the American voter/s.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

#gutterwisdom
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I am not saying that any of these 3 are my first choice, but among these 3…how anyone could vote for someone other than Biden…..
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Overlander wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:06 am I am not saying that any of these 3 are my first choice, but among these 3…how anyone could vote for someone other than Biden…..
They feel he's the most brain dead of the 3.
They feel they are/will be the worst off financially with him as their President.
That mi amigo, for many people, are the two biggest/most important reasons he very well may not be re-elected.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Uh oh, chaos in Camelot?

Dennis Kucinich Leaves Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s Presidential Campaign

Dennis J. Kucinich left his post as the presidential campaign manager for Robert F. Kennedy Jr., and was replaced by Mr. Kennedy’s daughter-in-law, a political neophyte best known for a memoir about her tenure in the C.I.A...
Anand Giridharadas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Lil Bobby, picking off some of the crazy vote.

https://maristpoll.marist.edu/polls/the ... l-contest/

The fact that the Rs didn't see this coming when they started promoting Crazy Lil Bobby as a candidate shows how desperate they are in their effort to prop up trumplethinskin. The R "brain trust" is down to just the bat shit crazy now.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.