5 Thoughts and 5 Quick Questions for the 1st Tuesday in April

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

5 Thoughts and 5 Quick Questions for the 1st Tuesday in April

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

5 thoughts for an early morning in April. Gee edition.

1. The Chicago Mayoral "run off" election is today. Gee, I figure 45% (or higher) of voters will have someone they DON'T want to be their Mayor - become their Mayor.
I fully admit I didn't vote for either candidate in the first election and am struggling to support one of the two remaining candidates.
2. A lot of controversy reagrding the Women's NCAA Basketball Championship. Forgetting the terrible officiating, (I was rooting for LSU - and it seems like the refs were favoring them) the big hubbub is about Angel Reese. There are a lot of people who feel what she did was classless but then her defenders quickly point out examples of Caitlin Clark being classless in the past. Gee, can't/won't anyone realize that two wrongs don't make a right? Or maybe two rights don't make a wrong?
3. #1 was political so I'm not going to say anything about Trump other than I expect today to be an interesting day. Gee, I wonder if he will act with class and dignity.
4. Flubs/Sux Update......
After each team was 1-1, I said probably neither team will be above .500 the rest of the season - and I truly beleived it.
It's early but it's looking like I may be right.
Gee, Baseball season may be over in Chicago on April 4th.
Will I still go to some games? Sure, when there is another team in town playing the Cubs or Sox that I like and respect.
5. Gee, despite the predicted weather for Chicago today, I hope anyone/everyone reading this has a good/nice/pleasant/lovely/wonderful day.

5 quick Questions......

1. Did you read any of my 5 thoughts and if so, how many/much?

2. You have a choice of getting season tickets to any Kansas sports team other than Men's Basketball, Women's Basketball, or Men's Football and all of your expenses are paid for to attend all the games/events. Which team/sport do you choose?

3. You have to choose ONE person. Who do you love the most?

4. Do you have any idea what the meaning/significance of Passover is?
Heck, do you even know what Passover is? :lol:

5. Rate these following 5 musicians/bands in order of your preference.
a. The Beatles
b. Tom Petty and the Heart Breakers
c. Taylor Swift
d. The Clash
e. The Who
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: 5 Thoughts and 5 Quick Questions for the 1st Tuesday in April

Post by pdub »

1. Scanned
2. Do I have to attend every game? If so, something with the fewest events. Rowing? If I don’t, probably Womens Volleyball so I could get a Thanksgiving trip paid for and try and catch a basketball or football game while there.
3. Break up with her
4. It’s when some peeps put lambs blood on their doors so God wouldn’t take their kids
5. Petty

Beatles
The Who
The Clash
Swift
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

My answers….

1. No. None.
2. Something outside good weather. Probably baseball but wouldn’t want to attend every game. Probably should have clarified the question.
3. Vivek Ramaswamy
4. I have an idea but after 55 years I should probably know more. Not a fan of the holiday. Depressing for me being that the majority of the people I remember enjoying being with are now dead.
Petty
Who
Beatles
Clash
Swift
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

1. All of it, I clicked on the thread so why not.
2. Women's soccer
3. My brother, the closest bond I have, been there for me through some very difficult times in the past year
4. Everything I know about Passover I learned from that Rugrats episode when I was a kid.
Clash
Petty
Who
Beatles
Swift