Re: CBB Offseason 23

Post by ousdahl »

Surly, your best post ever.

You should post more often about k state being loosers
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... basketball

Some good changes to the rules this year.

A defender now has to be in position to draw a charge prior to the offensive player's foot being planted to go airborne. Previously, it was when the player actually went airborne. Hopefully this cuts down the number of ridiculous charges called as it was out of control last year.

The panel also approved reviews of basket interference calls during the next media timeout -- if the official called it on the floor -- a shot clock reset to 20 seconds on an offensive rebound that hits the rim, and players being allowed to wear any number between 0 and 99.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

surly wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:28 pm Image
Laughing at the "KSU doesn't want low character guys who are just chasing NIL money" comments I have seen on Twitter from KSU fans. Coping so hard.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

twocoach wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:59 am https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... basketball

A defender now has to be in position to draw a charge prior to the offensive player's foot being planted to go airborne. Previously, it was when the player actually went airborne. Hopefully this cuts down the number of ridiculous charges called as it was out of control last year.

The panel also approved reviews of basket interference calls during the next media timeout -- if the official called it on the floor -- a shot clock reset to 20 seconds on an offensive rebound that hits the rim, and players being allowed to wear any number between 0 and 99.
They're going back to being able to call timeout while in the air?
Why?
Who wanted to go back to that?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Mjl wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:53 am
twocoach wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:59 am https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... basketball

They're going back to being able to call timeout while in the air?
Why?
Who wanted to go back to that?
I swear, not me, I absolutely ____ing hate that!

It's like someone calling "safeties", after you tag them.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

No Ayton?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Mjl wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:10 pmNo Ayton?
I’m Hearing Kansas is on the verge of scheduling two exhibition games against the Bahamian National Team. If it pans out, and sources think it will, the Jayhawks could face NBA players like Buddy Hield and Kai Jones during the upcoming Puerto Rico trip.

The Bahamas team will need practice ahead of the FIBA World Cup in late August. So as long as they qualify, there’s a good shot the games happen. Hield and Jones would likely be on the roster, and star Deandre Ayton has previously flirted with playing for the National Team before ultimately dropping out of the action.

[...]
Anand Giridharadas
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

You know you're conditioning me to continue being lazy?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Mjl wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:56 pm You know you're conditioning me to continue being lazy?
take it to the fitness thread!
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Dukie V:

Kansas is my preseason No. 1. Bill Self continues his mastery of college basketball, and with the return of Kevin McCullar Jr., and the addition of Michigan transfer Hunter Dickinson, the Jayhawks have one of the most talented rosters. Of course, don't forget about top defenders Dajuan Harris Jr. and K.J. Adams Jr., who will make this team tough to beat night in, night out. Adams' role will change a bit playing alongside Dickinson, but this breakout star should take a big step forward this season.

followed by…
dookies
boilermakers
sparty
uconn
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:05 pm Dukie V:

Kansas is my preseason No. 1. Bill Self continues his mastery of college basketball, and with the return of Kevin McCullar Jr., and the addition of Michigan transfer Hunter Dickinson, the Jayhawks have one of the most talented rosters. Of course, don't forget about top defenders Dajuan Harris Jr. and K.J. Adams Jr., who will make this team tough to beat night in, night out. Adams' role will change a bit playing alongside Dickinson, but this breakout star should take a big step forward this season.

followed by…
dookies
boilermakers
sparty
uconn
Who doesn't love Dukie V?
Anand Giridharadas
surly

Post by surly »

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

shoot did I somehow get redirected to the kitty litter message board?

No? then why aren't you posting to people that give a fuck timmy?
Just Ledoux it
surly

Post by surly »

actually, i was just doing y'all a favor so you didn't continue to embarrass yourselves all over social media. ;)

https://twitter.com/legendblaza09/statu ... 09F-7AixRg
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

terrific. I dont use Twitter so, why don't you roll around in the shit smelling almond roca with the rest of the kitties instead of fouling it up around here.

I could care less about who you're coach is, Kstate could win every game from here on (they wont...) and I'd be dead before yall made the series competitive.

I'd say stick to football, but uh...yknow. Polls this week have thr good guys ranked (at least 1 week until Texas...) and the grapes: ouch...mizzou? ugly as your colors.
Just Ledoux it
surly

Post by surly »

well, given all that, tdub, it's still news that coach tang has agreed to an extension at k-state. the in-state programs will be competing for b12 championships like they did back in the big 8 days when the series was pretty much equal. it's good for the game and certainly the rivalry. i'm sure both in-season games will be nationally televised.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

nobody here cares

fuck off
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

no doubt ksu will be competitive but i'm not sure finishing 4th/5th in the b12 can be considered competing for b12 championships.