Tennessee Legislature

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Tennessee Legislature

Post by KUTradition »

probably less than the $200 mil the state wants to put forth to further “fortify” their schools
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Next they will ban the teaching of evolution in schools.
Defense. Rebounds.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

It's delightful to watch, in real time, the Rs start to get their comeuppance for culture war nonsense.

Maybe - hopefully - sooner rather than later the Rs will realize that the utility of catering to the extreme Christofascist wing of the party has run its course. Even if that means there will be a transitional period where they have to figure out new ways of fundraising and outreach.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

You asked for it, they delivered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z0J-2P8a3s
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:26 pm It's delightful to watch, in real time, the Rs start to get their comeuppance for culture war nonsense.

Maybe - hopefully - sooner rather than later the Rs will realize that the utility of catering to the extreme Christofascist wing of the party has run its course. Even if that means there will be a transitional period where they have to figure out new ways of fundraising and outreach.
Attributing, i.e., projecting, traits like insight and pragmatism onto republicans, while magnanimous, doesn't appear realistic. Therefore, I'll take: "later"!

https://twitter.com/ScottWalker/status/ ... wsrc%5Etfw
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:26 pm It's delightful to watch, in real time, the Rs start to get their comeuppance for culture war nonsense.
Haven’t you got the memo that there’s no culture war?
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

I didn't have this on my bingo card.

Https://twitter.com/joncoopertweets/sta ... FlV7w&s=19
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Any chance Brother Jones will spring for a T-shirt that says “Neener Neener” in the front and “Democracy 1; GOP Fascists 0” in the back?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Never underestimate how low the Christo-Fascist republicans are willing to go:

Bills to take over Nashville airport, sports authority boards advance

...Nashville Democrats consider it a retaliatory strike after the Metro Council last year blocked a potential bid for the Republican National Convention in 2024...
Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

zsn wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:44 pm Any chance Brother Jones will spring for a T-shirt that says “Neener Neener” in the front and “Democracy 1; GOP Fascists 0” in the back?
Genius
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:50 pm They aren't even trying to hide it anymore.

This party loves to invoke the founding fathers. As I was lucky enough to have attended grade school when history was still taught, I learned that there was much disagreement and fighting over our Constitution. They didn't cancel each other. They worked through it and compromised.

Seems these America-hating Republicans don't care. Their guns, lobbyist money and power are more important than their "principles ". But we knew that. They just continue to show it more and more blatantly.
Their "principles" have been exposed to be nothing more than "what's good for me is how it should be".
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Feral wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:36 pm Never underestimate how low the Christo-Fascist republicans are willing to go:

Bills to take over Nashville airport, sports authority boards advance

...Nashville Democrats consider it a retaliatory strike after the Metro Council last year blocked a potential bid for the Republican National Convention in 2024...
The GOP now just seems to be straight up about petty retaliation for any and every slight, real or imagined.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:11 pm Next they will ban the teaching of evolution in schools.
They have been doing that for years.

From 2017: https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... it-states/
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Similar situation but for different reasons. I am not Ok with this, either. Just censure the person for crying out loud.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/12/politics ... index.html
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

twocoach wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:44 pm Similar situation but for different reasons. I am not Ok with this, either. Just censure the person for crying out loud.

Color me amazed. Especially in Arizona.
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Feral wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:32 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:44 pm Similar situation but for different reasons. I am not Ok with this, either. Just censure the person for crying out loud.

Color me amazed. Especially in Arizona.
I am all for keeping the voices of looney conspiracy twats out of our state houses but there are better ways to go about it, I'd think. I have no idea if there is any sort of history of this legislator doing similar things and being warned or not so who knows what the full story is.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

This train ALWAYS runs on time…