Contributor

Re: Welcome Nick Timberlake!!!

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

No ink = No good.
Hips and wingspan = ?
Can dunk = Good.

https://twitter.com/gifhawk2/status/1663366432564887559
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Feels like he has been hitting shots and gaining some confidence back finally. Could be the silver lining of mccullars nagging injury and having no choice but to play Timberlake

If he can be a reliable shooter the rest the year, our postseason hopes look a little more optimistic
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

randylahey wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:36 am Feels like he has been hitting shots and gaining some confidence back finally. Could be the silver lining of mccullars nagging injury and having no choice but to play Timberlake

If he can be a reliable shooter the rest the year, our postseason hopes look a little more optimistic
Agreed. We need all of our guys to start clicking to turn this season around and make the strategy we used in the offseason to pay off.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Hopefully a big home win over a trash NIT team on Senior Night builds some confidence in the players but not overconfidence in fans. I hope we're able to come out of our road game at #1 in the nation this Saturday with at least a portion of this confidence. It's certainly a great opportunity for what would be the best win in all of college hoops this season. It would be awesome if KU could win at Houston and string together some good games in the Big 12 tourney and head into the ncaa tourney with a legit feeling that they can make a deep run.
Last edited by twocoach on Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Team looked great.
That's the good news.

Bad news?
It was a home game against a 17-13 team ranked 70th in Kenpom and 78th in NET that won't make the NCAA tournament.

A bit of hope but I mean, we honestly might face a more difficult squad in the opening game in March Madness.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Maybe Timberlake just missed his family and having them at the game was what he needed. Maybe they can stick around for a few weeks and he can keep it up.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

twocoach wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:20 am Hopefully a big home win over a trash NIT team on Senior Night builds some confidence in the players but not overconfidence in fans.
Gotta keep those fans in check!
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i can't think of any reason why anyone attached to this team would be over confident.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:40 am i can't think of any reason why anyone attached to this team would be over confident.
I hope playing Houston will bring out this team's best defensive effort. They seem to play better against better teams. Winning at Houston would surprise me less than losing at West Virginia did, that's for sure.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Houston's tempo is slow AF so when we jumped out on em ( up by something like 10 before the 14 min mark? ) early it took their standard way of winning away from them.

I hope at the very least it's a close game this weekend.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I think we give houston a good game and possibly steal one. This team plays to their competitions level
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I don't think anyone is overconfident in this team tho. This team is capable of winning or losing any game. Nothing should surprise anyone at this point

Makes for a stressful yet exciting season
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

randylahey wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:05 am I don't think anyone is overconfident in this team....
I was a month ago.

I am hoping that my feeling that they were just coasting until the NCAA tournament turns out to be true.

If this team doesn't at least make the final four I will see this year as a failure.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

DeletedUser wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:08 am
randylahey wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:05 am I don't think anyone is overconfident in this team....
I was a month ago.

I am hoping that my feeling that they were just coasting until the NCAA tournament turns out to be true.

If this team doesn't at least make the final four I will see this year as a failure.
if this team makes a final four Bart Simpson will eat his shorts.
Just Ledoux it
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

TDub wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:12 am
DeletedUser wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:08 am
I was a month ago.

if this team makes a final four Bart Simpson will eat his shorts.
Fair.

I'd also be massively surprised if the final four looks like UConn Houston Purdue and Tennessee.

The best 4 teams don't usually make the final four.

If Miami SDSU UConn and FAU can be a final four in 2023, then KU is absolutely good enough in 2024.
Last edited by DeletedUser on Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Crazier things have happened tdub. As you know it's all about matchups, getting hot at the right time, and just one game at a time

I don't think anybody thought 2022 was necessaroly the kansas team that would win it all. But it happened
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

well of course crazier things have happened. But, I don't love needing crazy things to happen to feel like Kansas has a chance at a run. Because I'm spoiled by damn near 40 years of excellence.
Just Ledoux it
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

TDub wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:17 am well of course crazier things have happened. But, I don't love needing crazy things to happen to feel like Kansas has a chance at a run. Because I'm spoiled by damn near 40 years of excellence.
Us making the final four wouldn't be crazy.

Last years final four seeds were 4 5 5 9.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Maybe Timberlake will have a story that reminds us a little of Remy. Completely different players, but everyone was extremely disappointed in Remy and labeling his year at KU a bust. He was preseason big 12 POY. Missed a bunch of time, people were questioning the legitimacy of his injury and where his head was at

Then he got healthy and was electric in his 6th man role. Was absolutely dynamic in the ncaa and was a huge part of our tourney run

Maybe Timberlake can at least hit some shots and give us something positive off the bench that could help us find our way
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I will say one thing, nobody wants this KU team in their bracket. Due to KU's underachieving season, we are going to come in underseeded for a team with very good experienced college players and the best coach in the game