We Lost the Battle for the Libertarian Party's Soul Long Ago

Ugh.
japhy
Contributor

Re: We Lost the Battle for the Libertarian Party's Soul Long Ago

Post by japhy »

Sparko wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:17 am Libertarians, sensitive that their phiosophy was conceived by Ayn Rand as anti-christian, are quick to relabel it as government only. But that is a false narrative--it is a moral and thus religious philosophy. Leaving others to starve or die is a moral choice. They are Republicans trying a different branding. Shameful
Ayn Rand spent her last years sucking on the government teat of social security and medicare. As a science denier her lung cancer made her if not admit the obvious, give up smoking anyway. Probably for ethical reasons of some sort.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

In today’s edition of CONServatives and Libertarians sucking at the teat

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2023/4/2 ... l-them-out
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Libertarianism is about defiling the beatitudes of Christ. It has no fundamental dynamic other than spite. What we do for the least of us we for Him. And that is why I vote to care for people and Democrat. Go Galt somewhere.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Sparko wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:53 pm Libertarianism is about defiling the beatitudes of Christ. It has no fundamental dynamic other than spite. What we do for the least of us we for Him. And that is why I vote to care for people and Democrat. Go Galt somewhere.
Democrats: want to control your life and have as much power and control over you as possible
Republicans: want to control your life and have as much power and control over you as possible
Libertarians: want to leave you alone, limit the government as much as possible, and maximize freedom

Sparko: "I vote democrat cause I care!"

The delusional that a democrat vote means you care is a product of good marketing/political propaganda, but there is no merit behind it

The amount of worldwide suffering that has stemmed from democratic votes is unreal
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

the only delusion is that your values = libertarianism
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:32 am
Sparko wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:53 pm Libertarianism is about defiling the beatitudes of Christ. It has no fundamental dynamic other than spite. What we do for the least of us we for Him. And that is why I vote to care for people and Democrat. Go Galt somewhere.
Democrats: want to control your life and have as much power and control over you as possible
Republicans: want to control your life and have as much power and control over you as possible
Libertarians: want to leave you alone, limit the government as much as possible, and maximize freedom

Sparko: "I vote democrat cause I care!"

The delusional that a democrat vote means you care is a product of good marketing/political propaganda, but there is no merit behind it

The amount of worldwide suffering that has stemmed from democratic votes is unreal
I think I might have been better off when I had you on foe.
You're hardly a "foe" - to me - but VGR! I just sit and shake my head sometimes.

Yes, when Dems vote Democratic - it means they care - about what is important to them and those they care about. Just as when Pubs vote Republican - it means they care - about what is important to them and those they care about. How and why do you feel that's "delusional"?
Also, who are you to decide what is and isn't best for others and what should and shouldn't be important to them?
I can only speak for myself but how I vote and who I vote for has nothing to do with good marketing/political propaganda and everything to do with what I feel/know is important to me, those I care about, and the country and world I live in.

There are Democratic things I disagree about. There are Republican things I disagree about.
Because of it I should consider voting Libertarian?
Nope, not going to happen. I disagree more with much Libertarian logic and philosophies and what they stand for than I do with the Democrats and Republicans.
You want to be a Libertarian, fantastic. Have at it. Enjoy. I don't know what good will come from it for you but if it makes you feel happy - great! Just don't expect people to buy your snake oil on here and please try to understand why they slam the door in your face as you try and do it.

I can and will actually give you that "The amount of worldwide suffering that has stemmed from democratic votes is unreal".
Is there a good reason why you didn't say the same thing about Republican votes?
Last edited by RainbowsandUnicorns on Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

who are you to decide what is and isn't best for others and what should and shouldn't be important to them?

that’s the libertarian way!
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

It must be fucking exhausting being a transpolitical libertarian. Hating the authorities, and loving them some authoritarians. So conflicted.....
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I made the comment about democrats because it was a response to sparkos comment about democrats

Saying he votes democrats because he "cares about people"

As if people voting for non democrats don't
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I vote libertarian because I care about people. I think people should be free to live their lives with minimal government interference and without either side telling them how to live their life
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

But every time a democrat takes the white house we find ourselves involved in some new foreign conflict. Thousands of people somewhere die over political shuffling of the chess board
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

The illusion that the democrats are the party that "truly cares about the people" is insane though. The thing they really care about is getting your vote and getting rich
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

willful ignorance in rare form today

randy forgot to take his meds
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

japhy wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:46 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPEsijLzD10
____ing perfect.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

randylahey wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:48 am But every time a democrat takes the white house we find ourselves involved in some new foreign conflict. Thousands of people somewhere die over political shuffling of the chess board
What NEW conflict did Obama start? How about Clinton* and Carter?

Compare with Reagan and Bushes.

*I believe Clinton ended Somalian involvement which started under Bush
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

zsn wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:25 pm
randylahey wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:48 am But every time a democrat takes the white house we find ourselves involved in some new foreign conflict. Thousands of people somewhere die over political shuffling of the chess board
What NEW conflict did Obama start? How about Clinton* and Carter?

Compare with Reagan and Bushes.

*I believe Clinton ended Somalian involvement which started under Bush
Obama - libya

As well as other continued military conflicts. Think during Obamas time we did air strikes in 7 different countries, as well as all kinds of other operations