We lost the battle for the democrat party's soul long ago

Ugh.
zsn
Contributor

Re: We lost the battle for the democrat party's soul long ago

Post by zsn »

My child would have come to me first with anything. Literally anything.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

To me, that's sad on SEVERAL accounts and pretty much an example of 2023 America in a nutshell.
Blame blame blame blame blame. Some rightful, some not. Who is to blame, who isn't to blame? Who is responsible, who isn't responsible? Who suffers, who doesn't suffer? Who takes accountability, who doesn't take accountability?
All that and often it's ass-backwards.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:15 am
To me, that's sad on SEVERAL accounts and pretty much an example of 2023 America in a nutshell.
Blame blame blame blame blame. Some rightful, some not. Who is to blame, who isn't to blame? Who is responsible, who isn't responsible? Who suffers, who doesn't suffer? Who takes accountability, who doesn't take accountability?
People should probably talk to their kids more.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

twocoach wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:48 am
I agree 100%.
I don't know the mother. I don't know the daughter. I do know (or at least I strongly feel) they both bear some responsibility in this situation and neither are 100% free from blame in regards to what the school "did" to "THEM".
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:18 am

I agree 100%.
I don't know the mother. I don't know the daughter. I do know (or at least I strongly feel) they both bear some responsibility in this situation and neither are 100% free from blame in regards to what the school "did" to "THEM".
And as is typical with the right wing kook talking points, they provide a screen shot of the article and not the article itself so that you can't gather additional context. They don't even pretend to want to discuss the issue and are left to just vent toxic vitriol about the topic.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-new ... rcna102559

"The settlement is a compromise between the parties and does not constitute an admission of wrongdoing, specifically stating that the defendants deny any liability.

An independent investigation the school district commissioned by a law firm last year found that the teachers named in Konen’s lawsuit did not “coach” students in changing their gender identities or deceive administrators or parents."
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Regardless of the mother and daughter's situation, no school should partake in transitioning. And no school should he in conversations like that with kids without making the family aware
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:54 am Regardless of the mother and daughter's situation, no school should partake in transitioning. And no school should he in conversations like that with kids without making the family aware
People like you are the best support out there AGAINST mandatory parent informing.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:54 am Regardless of the mother and daughter's situation, no school should partake in transitioning. And no school should he in conversations like that with kids without making the family aware
How do you feel about schools getting involved when a kid is clearly/obviously being physically abused at home?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

P.S. Leery/skeptical/cynical me wonders if perhaps the mother and daughter spoke too much about this.
Thus, the $100,000 inheritance. :shock:

Riddle me this Batman.....
What is the gender of her second child?

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:00 am
People like you are the best support out there AGAINST mandatory parent informing.
There is no argument against informing parents and their kids. It's their kid. Otherwise you are treating the children like property of the state
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:03 am
There is no argument against informing parents and their kids. It's their kid. Otherwise you are treating the children like property of the state
No, you are treating the kid like a citizen with their own unique rights who is not just the property of their parents.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

twocoach wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:06 am

No, you are treating the kid like a citizen with their own unique rights who is not just the property of their parents.
Well like it or not kids are under their parents care as minors. Unless there is a valid reason for a parent to lose their parental rights. A kid being confused about their sexuality or gender isn't a reason for that. It's a good thing for kids to have to wait until at least 18 to do any gender changing. The government and schools needs to stay the fuck out of that
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:13 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:06 am

Well like it or not kids are under their parents care as minors. Unless there is a valid reason for a parent to lose their parental rights. A kid being confused about their sexuality or gender isn't a reason for that. It's a good thing for kids to have to wait until at least 18 to do any gender changing. The government and schools needs to stay the fuck out of that
AGAIN: "An independent investigation the school district commissioned by a law firm last year found that the teachers named in Konen’s lawsuit did not “coach” students in changing their gender identities or deceive administrators or parents."

You're railing about a deceptive headline that was designed to make you do exactly what you're doing. That's the actual definition of being the "sheep" you tell others they are.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

so, so special
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

The argument against informing parents is that some parents are bigots who think trans people are, categorically, mentally ill.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:30 am

The argument against informing parents is that some parents are bigots who think trans people are, categorically, mentally ill.
Thinking you are born in the wrong body is a sign of mental illness. That doesn't mean realistic people are bigots. I don't have anything against trans people. I just don't see any reason to play along with someone else's delusion.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:40 am
jfish26 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:30 am

Thinking you are born in the wrong body is a sign of mental illness. That doesn't mean realistic people are bigots. I don't have anything against trans people. I just don't see any reason to play along with someone else's delusion.
And that's, I guess, your prerogative.

But again, this is exactly WHY there should not be mandatory parent reporting.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

everyone MUST see themselves through randy’s life lense

makes perfect sense

:lol:
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i bet randy would consider killing his child if they turned out to be trans