GTFO Arterio Morris

Kansas Basketball.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: GTFO Arterio Morris

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:26 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:55 pm
pdub wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:16 pm Sorry, but your friend Varun is kinda a moran.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... -underway/
About KU and Self, sure. He'll probably agree with you.
About other things (such as finance and investing) he's pretty gosh darn smart. I'm going to go out on a limb and say I think he's probably smarter than Arterio Morris about most things.
I’m sure he’s smart about those things.
He is a moran for asking that.
Self won a title just a couple seasons ago. I’m guessing whatever basketball program Varun cheers for ( jaded Illinois, faded Duke ) would kill to have Self as coach regardless of blemishes.
My initial response to him why Self is still at Kansas is because he wins.
I know Varun cheers for Marquette and to a lesser degree Wisconsin. Not sure about any other College basketball programs.
I don't know if Marquette and Wisconsin would kill to have Self but I think most of their fans and any other program's fans would like to have Self with the success he's had. I also think because they don't have Self, they choose ridicule him for the transgressions he, his players, and KU have had, as much if not more than they are going to praise him, his players, and KU for the successes.
You know, sorta like some (many? most?) KU fans do about other coaches and players and programs.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Marquette and Wisconsin would fight to the death for Self.

They’d murder first borns.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Self is getting dragged about this on twitter.

I don't doubt that anyone who ain't us is likely to be envious of KU's/Self's success, but it's pretty, pretty, bad.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Who owns Twitter again?
Is it still Twitter?
columbusdjkc

Post by columbusdjkc »

I don’t really get the hate on self. He had no way of knowing this kid would go on to rape a girl. As soon as he was charged he was gone. The mistake a kid made on the past doesn’t mean he will do it again and this is even an escalation of that.

I also think people on Twitter talking about it doesn’t change anything. People hated on the chiefs for taking Tyreek. They got drug all over Twitter for it. He’s making an awful lot of money out there in Miami and being loved right now.
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

columbusdjkc wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:02 pm I don’t really get the hate on self. He had no way of knowing this kid would go on to rape a girl. As soon as he was charged he was gone. The mistake a kid made on the past doesn’t mean he will do it again and this is even an escalation of that.
Exactly. This is the problem with being the best. Everyone attacks you any chance they get. Self is the best basketball coach in the world. He has a target on him. Like Wilt said, "Everybody pulls for David, nobody roots for Goliath."

(it's Friday night, sorry, posting while high)...
So, this is where I'm getting really irked by Gutter. It's exactly the way I am with my main political (I guess - it really shouldn't be) issue. I'm a staunch Zionist. I can handle neo-Nazis and Arabs attacking Israel's right to exist. But when Ha'aretz or Btselem or far-left American Jews do it, I get absolutely enraged. It's the same as this case. I'm fine with others being douchy about this, I get that they're jealous. But when supposed KU fans start pulling this shit when it's completely unjustified - just fuck the hell off. Self, as far as we know, did absolutely NOTHING wrong. He gave a guy a second chance. He recruits kids with rough backgrounds. Good for him. Fuck you Gutter.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

mjl2 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:43 pm
columbusdjkc wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:02 pm I don’t really get the hate on self. He had no way of knowing this kid would go on to rape a girl. As soon as he was charged he was gone. The mistake a kid made on the past doesn’t mean he will do it again and this is even an escalation of that.
Exactly. This is the problem with being the best. Everyone attacks you any chance they get. Self is the best basketball coach in the world. He has a target on him. Like Wilt said, "Everybody pulls for David, nobody roots for Goliath."

(it's Friday night, sorry, posting while high)...
So, this is where I'm getting really irked by Gutter. It's exactly the way I am with my main political (I guess - it really shouldn't be) issue. I'm a staunch Zionist. I can handle neo-Nazis and Arabs attacking Israel's right to exist. But when Ha'aretz or Btselem or far-left American Jews do it, I get absolutely enraged. It's the same as this case. I'm fine with others being douchy about this, I get that they're jealous. But when supposed KU fans start pulling this shit when it's completely unjustified - just fuck the hell off. Self, as far as we know, did absolutely NOTHING wrong. He gave a guy a second chance. He recruits kids with rough backgrounds. Good for him. Fuck you Gutter.
Ok, so to recap your post, and for me to better understand why you are irked at me, my hope in my responding is for us to mend fences....

1. You are irked at me. For? Asking questions about a current issue in which a Kansas Basketball player is accused of raping a woman (kind of a big deal - right?) in the Basketball "dorm" and my asking people what if any liability MAY fall on Self and if he MAY face any repercussions?
2. You are irked at me. For? Mentioning that there has been a lot of shit that has occurred with our Basketball program during the Self era? I can understand your not liking and not needed me to mention that but things happened. Does any of it pertain to the Morris situation? Probably not but there has been what OTHERS refer to as a "pattern". Does that have any bearing on this? Again, probably not but that's for others to decide.
3. Believe it or not, you and I are exactly alike when it comes to getting "enraged" when "Ha'aretz or Btselem or far-left American Jews" attack Israel's right to exist but to make that analogy here - and say "it's the same as this case", well, at least you admitted you were high. :? ;)
4. Help me out, what "shit am I pulling" and what is "unjustified"? Sharing that I am upset/frustrated that a Basketball player who represents the University of Kansas, and was brought to the school by Bill Self, ALLEGEDLY raped a woman, and that makes the player (100%), Bill Self(? QUESTION MARK), and the University of Kansas (? QUESTION MARK) look bad, and my ASKING what if anything MAY or MAY NOT happen to Self because of it? If so, then I am 100% guilty of "pulling this shit". My guess (and my hope) is the Chancellor and Board of Trustees at the University of Kansas have addressed and discussed some/most/all of the "shit" that I have "pulled" and they are figuring out how best to address it. Which brings me to #5.
5. "Unjustified"? Ok, I actually respect your opinion but..... Others besides me don't feel it's "unjustified" to ask the QUESTIONS. As someone who has worked for and supports Northwestern University, and is related to, and works for and with people who give many millions of dollars to the school THAT JUST FIRED THEIR FOOTBALL COACH (and the people I am related to and work for and with had very strong opinions and feelings about it) I feel my QUESTIONS actually ARE "justified".
6. I can agree with you that to the best of our limited knowledge Self did "nothing" wrong but as I said to you the other day, that's an assumption. Probably a safe and good one but still an assumption.
The problem is, the meer fact that Self brought a kid who had been accused of domestic violence to the University of Kansas because as Self said, "Arterio is one of the most talented guards in the country who hasn't scratched the surface of his potential. He can defend. He can slide. His explosiveness and versatility will be a great addition to our team" - makes others feel negatively about Self and THAT alone is something THEY feel he DID do "wrong" in this situation.
I'm not saying that's how I feel but it sure is shit is how others feel.
7. You told me to "fuck the hell off" and "Fuck you Gutter" for...... Nothing more than raising questions and sharing my thoughts and feelings? Or something else. Please help me to understand.
As a fellow Jew who sat in temple last Friday night and listened to our Rabbi tell us about the importance of chesed, I am a little surprised by your anger directed towards me a week after Yom Kippur but I forgive you. As a fellow Jew, if behaved that way towards you, I would hope I would take a moment to reflect on my behavior towards you - and apologize. I'm not expecting or even asking for an apology from you but as I said at the beginning of this too long post, "I am trying to better understand why you are irked at me, and my hope is maybe we can mend fences".
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

Tl;Dr
I don't know what the hell I wrote last night
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Pass me what mjls smoking.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

^^^

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Haters gonna hater. Don't make it out to be more than it is. Self ain't guilty
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Morris is a bigger POS than I gave him credit for.

https://www2.kusports.com/sports/2023/o ... pt-secret/
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

sooo

how long til he gets recruited by Chris Beard?