GTFO Arterio Morris

Kansas Basketball.
mjl2
Contributor

Re: Welcome Arterio Morris

Post by mjl2 »

InfiniteJ wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:54 am The more I read about Morris' situation with his ex, the more I'm surprised that Bill and staff decided to let this kid transfer in.
Also, bump
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Welcome Arterio Morris

Post by pdub »

pdub wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:55 pm Like, in legal trouble parallels?

“Texas freshman basketball player Arterio Morris, who was arrested on a Class A misdemeanor charge of assaulting his girlfriend last June, has had his looming court date postponed.”
ousdahl

Re: GTFO Arterio Morris

Post by ousdahl »

According to logs from the KU police department, a rape was reported at the 1700 block of Naismith Drive in late-August. The police incident report confirmed the location as McCarthy Hall, which houses the KU men’s basketball players among around 40 male residents and is located just south of Allen Fieldhouse. KU men’s basketball players Johnny Furphy and Elmarko Jackson are listed on the incident report as witnesses.

KU basketball’s Nick Timberlake is also listed, under “other.” A witness can be someone who “saw or heard the crime take place or may have important information about the crime or the defendant,” according to a U.S. Department of Justice definition.

A source with knowledge of the situation said the men’s basketball players listed as witnesses or “other” on the incident report were interviewed after the fact and “not involved in the incident at all. They are not under investigation or anything like that remotely.”

The victim noted on the incident report is an 18-year-old Missouri woman, listed at 5-foot-3, 107 pounds. The alleged incident occurred between 4:30 and 5:30 a.m. on Aug. 26 and was reported at around 9:50 p.m. on Aug. 27, according to the incident report.

Read more at: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/colle ... rylink=cpy
Read more at: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/colle ... rylink=cpy
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Cancer.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i guess that pretty much settles the minutes debate
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Why would he be suspended if he wasn't involved in some manner?
Sort of a Bragg (drug paraphernalia - not smacking around a girl) part 2? That's my hope but I have my strong doubts.
The big factor to me is he was SUSPENDED and not BOOTED. So is this a case of he was NOT directly involved in the ALLEGED rape, or is Self and KU not booting him because he's innocent until proven guilty?
If Morris (and/or any other player) was involved in the ALLEGED rape, what if any repercussions does Self face?

OVERDRAMATIC(?) GUTTER WARNING!!!!!

I fully expect people on here to abuse me for asking and saying this but I fully believe everything I am asking and saying.
IF (that's a big IF) Morris was involved in the ALLEGED rape..... Is Self gone?
There has to be at least some consideration to terminate him.
Forgetting the possibility that Morris was involved in the ALLEGED rape, let's be honest,
if this was any other school most of us on here would be abusing that program for ALL the COMBINED shit that has happened under Self during his tenure. I also feel 95% of schools/programs would have fired their coach for ALL the COMBINED shit that has happened during Self's tenure.
No doubt he's a great man and a great coach but IF Morris was involved in the ALLEGED rape...... When is enough enough?

And this is where the rape will occur that your son will witness....... :shock: :? :o :( ;) :D :lol:

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

lol…c’mon, gutter

do you really think Self has any responsibility here? or are you just playing devil’s advocate?

there is zero chance this blows back on him, other than a minor public perception hit. at most, one could say he (and the staff) were bad judges of character for bringing AM into the program in the first place
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:58 am Why would he be suspended if he wasn't involved in some manner?
Sort of a Bragg (drug paraphernalia - not smacking around a girl) part 2? That's my hope but I have my strong doubts.
The big factor to me is he was SUSPENDED and not BOOTED. So is this a case of he was NOT directly involved in the ALLEGED rape, or is Self and KU not booting him because he's innocent until proven guilty?
If Morris (and/or any other player) was involved in the ALLEGED rape, what if any repercussions does Self face?

I fully expect people on here to abuse me for asking and saying this but I fully believe everything I am asking and saying.
Forgetting the possibility that Morris was involved in the ALLEGED rape, let's be honest,
if this was any other school most of us on here would be abusing that program for ALL the COMBINED shit that has happened under Self during his tenure. I also feel 95% of schools/programs would have fired their coach for ALL the COMBINED shit that has happened during Self's tenure.
No doubt he's a great man and a great coach but IF Morris was involved in the ALLEGED rape...... When is enough enough?

And this is where the rape will occur that your son will witness....... :shock: :? :o :( ;) :D :lol:

I think he’s suspended until all of the facts come out, at which point he’s probably gone. There’s always the possibility that the allegations are untrue, but Morris’ track record would seem to indicate otherwise.

Definitely reflects poorly on Self and KU, but I can’t see him losing his job over it. You take risks on kids every day at this level.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

The shitty thing about this is why had a guy like Kyle cuffe, who genuinely wanted to be here. Would have been a 3rd year freshman and great program guy

And Chris Johnson, another good prospect

Both left because of arterio to some degree
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:58 am Why would he be suspended if he wasn't involved in some manner?

I'm not gonna lie; I thought the exact same thing...Bill made a huge mistake bringing this kid in and it's not like Bill has exactly ran the cleanest program in the country. It won't happen, but I'm not offended if anyone at any level brings it up.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

randylahey wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:32 am The shitty thing about this is why had a guy like Kyle cuffe, who genuinely wanted to be here. Would have been a 3rd year freshman and great program guy

And Chris Johnson, another good prospect

Both left because of arterio to some degree
100% agree.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I guess

tho I'm not sure either of those doods would be playing over Elmarko and Justin Timberlake either way
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

As far as Bill Self is concerned, I look at it like he gave the kid a second chance and he blew it. Just means Emarko and Nick will have to step up. Arterio is a bad influence. People who don't respect other human beings are not needed in the program.

I believe in innocent until proven guilty, yet if key witnesses are teammates who are like brothers then I believe them.
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

Assuming nothing was done to try to cover it up, Bill did nothing wrong. He gave the kid a second chance. He suspended him when this happened. Zero wrong with that.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Yeah, but it's not like Bill gave a second chance to a guy who got a DUI or got caught stealing.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:25 am I guess

tho I'm not sure either of those doods would be playing over Elmarko and Justin Timberlake either way
I don't either. But they'd probably still be in the program. Extra depth. Good to have for practice, injuries, foul trouble. And I'm still a fan of developing players. Self could've turned cuffe or Johnson into damn good college players later in their career
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

nothing to do about it now.

If we're gonna discuss extra depth and practice and foul trouble, let's start hyping who we do have in McDowell instead.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

tho, I do kinda wonder whose decision it was for doods like Cuffe and Chris Johnson to bounce.

maybe it's just fanboy rationalization, but I think in a big way that if they wanted to be here, they'd be here. And if they don't wanna be here, well, good luck elsewhere.

with Cuffe, at least, staff saw him for two seasons. That's not just taking a flyer on a Rio Adams kinda guy, they surely knew him well by then. And, I like to think that if they DID expect him to make an impact here, they'd still have him here. But again, maybe just fanboy koolaid.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:41 am nothing to do about it now.

If we're gonna discuss extra depth and practice and foul trouble, let's start hyping who we do have in McDowell instead.
You're right. McDowell has been overlooked to this point. Huge upside potential for him.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

mjl2 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:47 am Assuming nothing was done to try to cover it up, Bill did nothing wrong. He gave the kid a second chance. He suspended him when this happened. Zero wrong with that.
Your first word (assuming) is of course important but.....
Take off your crimson and blue glasses for a minute.
Self (or whoever actually suspended him) did NOT suspend Morris when it happened. Seems he was suspended when word got out it happened.
Regardless if Morris was involved or not, it sure seems something was done to cover up the rape allegation at McCarthy. When did you first hear about it? It happened weeks ago.
Self brought Morris to KU.
Bottom line is no matter how you chose to absolve Self, it's a bad look for Self and the KU program.
Last edited by RainbowsandUnicorns on Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.