GTFO Arterio Morris

Kansas Basketball.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: GTFO Arterio Morris

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:48 am lol…c’mon, gutter

do you really think Self has any responsibility here? or are you just playing devil’s advocate?

there is zero chance this blows back on him, other than a minor public perception hit. at most, one could say he (and the staff) were bad judges of character for bringing AM into the program in the first place
Sorry for the delayed response. I just read your post.
No doubt I am playing devil's advocate to a degree. None of us truly know what did and didn't happen.
Like I basically said to MJ, us KU fans tend to see things through crimson and blue glasses. I'm taking off my glasses. I'm trying to consider all possibilities. Realistic or not.

Yes, I "think" IF there was a rape at McCarthy and Morris was involved in any way - Self has some responsibility.
He's the guy who brought the kid to KU - who already had a criminal charge against him - that had not yet been resolved.
IF a rape occurred at McCarthy and a KU player was invlolved, then fair or not, I think many people will feel it shows a lack of "institutional" control. "Institutional" being Self and the coaching staff and the culture in the KU Basketball program.

"Minor public perception hit"? I beg to differ. IF (that's a huge IF) Morris was involved in the ALLEGED rape of a woman at McCarthy - then Self and KU will get a lot more than a "minor public perception hit".
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

We don't know when he was suspended. We don't know when Self found out and which information he found out. It's not crimson and blue glasses, it's acknowledging that we don't have the information. As of now there is no indication Self did anything wrong. To say otherwise is just
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

mjl2 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:33 pm We don't know when he was suspended. We don't know when Self found out and which information he found out. It's not crimson and blue glasses, it's acknowledging that we don't have the information. As of now there is no indication Self did anything wrong. To say otherwise is just
My exact words to Trad in the post above your's. "None of us truly know what did and didn't happen".
So it seems you and I agree on that.

Moving on.....
It was YOU who originally said, "He suspended him when this happened". Right? Or wrong?
Now it is YOU who is saying ,"We don't know when he was suspended".
So which is it?

P.S. Yes, I edited my original response to you to add (or whoever else actually suspended him) AND to use the word "seems".
In my response to Trad, I was careful to use the word IF.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

Context dude
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:49 pm

do you really think Self has any responsibility here? or are you just playing devil’s advocate?

there is zero chance this blows back on him, other than a minor public perception hit. at most, one could say he (and the staff) were bad judges of character for bringing AM into the program in the first place
No doubt I am playing devil's advocate to a degree. None of us truly know what did and didn't happen.
Like I basically said to MJ, us KU fans tend to see things through crimson and blue glasses. I'm taking off my glasses. I'm trying to consider all possibilities. Realistic or not.

Yes, I "think" IF there was a rape at McCarthy and Morris was involved in any way - Self has some responsibility.
He's the guy who brought the kid to KU - who already had a criminal charge against him - that had not yet been resolved.
IF a rape occurred at McCarthy and a KU player was invlolved, then fair or not, I think many people will feel it shows a lack of "institutional" control. "Institutional" being Self and the coaching staff and the culture in the KU Basketball program.

"Minor public perception hit"? I beg to differ. IF (that's a huge IF) Morris was involved in the ALLEGED rape of a woman at McCarthy - then Self and KU will get a lot more than a "minor public perception hit".
agree to disagree

unless info comes to light indicating some sort of institutional cover-up, orchestrated by Self, most will forget about this by conference play (initial we’re reminded by announcers commenting on the situation)

i’ll be focusing on the guys suited up on the court
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

agree to disagree

unless info comes to light indicating some sort of institutional cover-up, orchestrated by Self, most will forget about this by conference play (unless we’re reminded by announcers commenting on the situation)

Last edited by KUTradition on Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

Nah, Fran will mention it every game
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

mjl2 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:45 am Nah, Fran will mention it every game
hahahaha

so true
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

KUTradition wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:14 am

agree to disagree

unless info comes to light indicating some sort of institutional cover-up, orchestrated by Self, most will forget about this by conference play (initial we’re reminded by announcers commenting on the situation)

Let's hope YOU are right.
I also hold some hope Morris will not be charged (and is not guilty) with involvement if anything truly did happen.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Supposedly Morris has been arrested and officially dismissed from the basketball program.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

It's a mess, with a whole lot of blame to go around.

The player gets the lion's share, of course, and Bill and the program clearly missed on this, as well. As did the very many adults who failed to hold the player accountable along the way.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Self sure has brought in a bunch of bad apples in his time at KU.
( btw saying Self has brought in a bunch of bad apples does not imply that I don't think Self also has brought in a bunch of good apples )
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Friend just texted me asking how/why Self still has a job at Kansas and what needs to happen for the school to boot him. Not a bad/unfair question.
While I think it's doubtful, there is of course the possibility this could be the end for Self - if Morris is found guilty.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:16 am Friend just texted me asking how/why Self still has a job at Kansas and what needs to happen for the school to boot him. Not a bad/unfair question.
While I think it's doubtful, there is of course the possibility this could be the end for Self - if Morris is found guilty.
What about this situation implicates HCBS so much?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:16 am Friend just texted me asking how/why Self still has a job at Kansas and what needs to happen for the school to boot him. Not a bad/unfair question.
Huh? Because he gave a kid a second chance and the kid fucked it up? That's absurd.

If he pretended that Morris did nothing and continued to participate with the team as if nothing had happened then I feel it would be appropriate to ask that question.
Last edited by twocoach on Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"Not a bad/unfair question.
While I think it's doubtful, there is of course the possibility this could be the end for Self - if Morris is found guilty."

That of course is silly.
Alabama just went through a season with a guy STILL PLAYING ON THE TEAM after he was involved in a murder. Nate Oats's seat is very much safe.

This guy is not on the team anymore once more information came out.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

There is no doubt it's a black eye on the program but at this point we've ( not just Kansas but college basketball and football in general ) gotten far enough away from actually caring about the heart of things/good intentions that all that matters is winning.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:12 am Self sure has brought in a bunch of bad apples in his time at KU.
( btw saying Self has brought in a bunch of bad apples does not imply that I don't think Self also has brought in a bunch of good apples )
Any system relying on the judgment of teenagers is fertile ground for problems. I don't feel like I have a good sense for how we've done on this stuff, compared with other programs. It's probably unknowable (especially given the mix of jurisdictions, and the mix of public/private institutions).

I do think the incentives on all parties are aligned such that problems aren't addressed until they've ripened into catastrophes...and of course that means catastrophic results.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:12 am Self sure has brought in a bunch of bad apples in his time at KU.
I think it is the nature of the pool of players they are fishing in, not a knock on Self specifically. I think that both football and basketball has a higher percentage of humans more prone to these types of situations than the general pool of humans in that age range.