5 Questions for the last Saturday in April or any other day you choose to answer the questions

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

5 Questions for the last Saturday in April or any other day you choose to answer the questions

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Sorry kids, some of these are going to take some time and thought to answer.

1. If someone offered you THIS dog today FOR FREE to keep and take care of from today until it or you dies, would you take it?

2. Which of the following groups of people AS A WHOLE are your favorite and least favorite?
List the letter of your favorite first and least favorite second.

a. Uber wealthy (net worth 1 billion or more)
b. Hipsters
c. Libertarians
d. Judges
e. Homosexuals
f. Kardashians/Jenners
g. Department Store/Mall Santa Claus
h. Police Officers

3. Most attractive woman IN THESE PHOTOS.

a.

b.

c.

d.

e.

f.

4. How many of the following have you seen in person? You can list the ones you have seen if you like or just tell me the total number.
a. Plymouth Rock
b. Mount Rushmore
c. MLK Monument/Memorial in Washington D.C.
d. Lake Superior
e. The Gateway Arch
f. Statue of Liberty
g. Painted Desert/Badlands in AZ
h. La Brea Tar Pits
i. JFK Presidential Library
j. The Astrodome

5. For one year you can have any of the following jobs. Your nice but somewhat modest APARTMENT is paid for but you have to pay all your other "normal" expenses, have to work a full 8 hours a day 5 days a week but get three weeks paid vacation time, and get paid 1 million dollars to do it. Which would you choose?

a. Order Taker/Cashier at a McDonalds in San Diego.
b. Tour guide at the Baltimore Museum of Art.
c. Uber Driver in Jacksonville Florida.
d. Toll Both Attendant in Boston.
e. 6th Grade P.E. "Teacher" in Buffalo.
f. Barrista at a Starbucks in St. Louis.
g. Hotel Maid at a Hilton in Dallas.
h. Shoe Salesperson at a Macys in Washington DC
i. Bank Teller at a Chase Bank in Philadelphia
j. Bartender at a Friday's in Chicago
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: 5 Questions for the last Saturday in April or any other day you choose to answer the questions

Post by jhawks99 »

1. No
2. E
3. I dunno, B
4. B D E F G J
5. B
Defense. Rebounds.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: 5 Questions for the last Saturday in April or any other day you choose to answer the questions

1. Would love to. Logistically can't.
2. Favorite - g. Least favorite - f.
3. f
4. All That's why I chose those particular ones.
5. a (because of where it is)
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

1. Sure, why not. got the space, kids would love a corgi around

2. G, F

3. e

4. BDFG

5. None. I refuse to live in an apartment or big city again.
Just Ledoux it
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

1. no
2. e, the best parties in the Empire are at Bill's Big Gay Garage
3. f....redheads
4. d e f g h my parents used to take us to the tar pits on weekends when we were kids. The LACMA and Peterson are right there, coolest strip of parks in LA, maybe the world
5. b get stoned and wander around the art museum babbling all day, confusing people, I might stay for two years unless a greeter position opens up at the Walmart on Colfax in Denver near Casa Bonita. I have been thinking about a concept I call "Visitor's Center". I put out a sign in front of one of my buildings and have a rack full of brochures inside, mostly places not in our area. When people ask questions about local sites I go off on long winded monologues on completely unrelated topics and see how long they will hang around listening. My BIL Colonel Illiniwok wants to hang out in the summer and help with this project, he is a perfect candidate. I think this could be a good retirement "job" for Defix as well.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

1. No
2. I mean I guess E, F?
3. E
4. A through G, been outside I, would like to see H, no interest in J
5. B
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

1. no - as much as anything just cuz of the no pets clause in my currently apartment lease.
2. homos and hipsters most favorite, billionaires and cops least
3. break up with her.
4. I guess the only one of those things I've seen is the gateway arch. among the others, I'd prob most like to see Lake Superior. I hear it's the greatest of the Great Lakes, higher in quality, more preferable, regarded at a level that's...oh...what's the word I'm looking for?
5. the obvious answer is H, as one could only imagine how much attention a Washington-area shoe salesman must get from DCHawk. The only other such role that could possibly get such attention from DC would be a sock salesman.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Almost same answers as 99

1. Wish I had the time to commit to caring for a dog!
2. E, F
3. B
4. B D E F G J. I’ve driven by H
5. B
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I figured Ous had a traveling willbury couple of years where he got in a van or bus and camped the US.

Only seen one of those things?
Never been to NYC?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Also when do I get the money for my tour guide job?

Like a normal taxed job - so I’m making like 80k a month?

Or do I get it all at the end of the year?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

japhy wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:26 am 1. no
2. e, the best parties in the Empire are at Bill's Big Gay Garage
3. f....redheads
4. d e f g h my parents used to take us to the tar pits on weekends when we were kids. The LACMA and Peterson are right there, coolest strip of parks in LA, maybe the world
5. b get stoned and wander around the art museum babbling all day, confusing people, I might stay for two years unless a greeter position opens up at the Walmart on Colfax in Denver near Casa Bonita. I have been thinking about a concept I call "Visitor's Center". I put out a sign in front of one of my buildings and have a rack full of brochures inside, mostly places not in our area. When people ask questions about local sites I go off on long winded monologues on completely unrelated topics and see how long they will hang around listening. My BIL Colonel Illiniwok wants to hang out in the summer and help with this project, he is a perfect candidate. I think this could be a good retirement "job" for Defix as well.
You have probably told me but I don't recall knowing that you lived in the LA area. I have a terrible memory.

I laugh about you saying "wander around the art museum babbling all day, confusing people". I laugh because I often give "art tours" in our office. At times I purposely make up whacked out things to see if people are paying attention, can read me, and will call me out.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

ousdahl wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:13 am 1. no - as much as anything just cuz of the no pets clause in my currently apartment lease.
3. break up with her.
4. I guess the only one of those things I've seen is the gateway arch. among the others, I'd prob most like to see Lake Superior. I hear it's the greatest of the Great Lakes, higher in quality, more preferable, regarded at a level that's...oh...what's the word I'm looking for?
5. the obvious answer is H, as one could only imagine how much attention a Washington-area shoe salesman must get from DCHawk. The only other such role that could possibly get such attention from DC would be a sock salesman.
4. Hook up with MICH. On one of the 362 perfect weather days of the year.
5. Many years ago I was with my mother in a department store in Beverly Hills. A late teen or early 20 something year old guy was a shoe salesman in the women's department. He had some of the best looking women I have ever seen in my life that he was helping. At that moment I realized sometimes there are very nice perks to what others might consider a "menial" job as a shoe salesperson.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:13 pm Also when do I get the money for my tour guide job?

You get the million paid off over the year. Every 15th and the last day of the month you receive approximately $41,666 MINUS taxes.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:17 am
pdub wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:13 pm Also when do I get the money for my tour guide job?

You get the million paid off over the year. Every 15th and the last day of the month you receive approximately $41,666 MINUS taxes.
Can I just get that check and have it delivered without actually doing anything? I'm gonna need an ID to get hired at those jobs...so...thats kind of not gonna happen. But itd be unfair if I didn't have the same opportunities as pdub.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

1) My oldest is obsessed with Corgis so yes, probably
2) Favorite - E; least favorite - F
3) A
4) I have seen B, D, E, F and J
5) If I was single - H If I was married - I
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:13 am
ousdahl wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:13 am 1. no - as much as anything just cuz of the no pets clause in my currently apartment lease.
3. break up with her.
5. Many years ago I was with my mother in a department store in Beverly Hills. A late teen or early 20 something year old guy was a shoe salesman in the women's department. He had some of the best looking women I have ever seen in my life that he was helping. At that moment I realized sometimes there are very nice perks to what others might consider a "menial" job as a shoe salesperson.
Especially when you can casually mention you're pulling in a million a year and just do this to interact with such people.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

TDub wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:09 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:17 am

Can I just get that check and have it delivered without actually doing anything? I'm gonna need an ID to get hired at those jobs...so...thats kind of not gonna happen. But itd be unfair if I didn't have the same opportunities as pdub.
Nope, you have to legitimately work. I'm sure you can get a fake ID. You and pdub could be co-workers.