Mass Street TBT

Kansas Basketball.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Mass Street TBT

Post by jfish26 »

Obviously there's a market for this thing...and by no means should my disinterest discourage anyone from rooting on their favorite 'Hawks, but...man I just can't find the motivation to give a shit about this.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Mjl wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:32 pm No more Garrett and Dotson. Really lacking ball handlers
Both were playing nba summer league. Does that disqualify them from being eligible? Does that count as being an nba player
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

So I guess that anyone can play. Current NBA pros and all of that. But I'm sure there's language in contracts to prevent that from happening.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:51 pm Obviously there's a market for this thing...and by no means should my disinterest discourage anyone from rooting on their favorite 'Hawks, but...man I just can't find the motivation to give a shit about this.
I was excited at first. They are playing in Wichita. But I won't attend and probably won't watch. I'm just kind of blah about it, too.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Oh, Selden dropped too
surly

Post by surly »

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:57 pm So I guess that anyone can play. Current NBA pros and all of that. But I'm sure there's language in contracts to prevent that from happening.
Current nba players cannot play I thought was the one stipulation, but I didn't know I'd that applied to summer league guys trying to make rosters
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah, I saw one thing but might be wrong. It says can't be on a current NBA roster and has to be over 18.

Not sure if Summer League counts as current NBA roster.

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I'm old enough to remember when it was called the "Field House", before it became "Henry Levitt Arena", in '69.

Had the good fortune of seeing Lanny van Eman, Dave Stallworth, Warren Armstrong, Carr, Levingston, and the X-Man play there.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:58 pm
jfish26 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:51 pm Obviously there's a market for this thing...and by no means should my disinterest discourage anyone from rooting on their favorite 'Hawks, but...man I just can't find the motivation to give a shit about this.
I was excited at first. They are playing in Wichita. But I won't attend and probably won't watch. I'm just kind of blah about it, too.
I'll always be excited about whatever iteration of KU hoops I can get.

But, knowing it's a guard-heavy game and how we performed last TBT, I was way more excited when Dotson was on bored. Elite speed and still young.

the final roster's guards more than anything are just old. It'll still be fun to see them play again, and to see the dynamic of a broad era of KU guys all playing together.

I'm also excited for the Morrises to coach. Last time out, it was fucking Face Ass. Last TBT I remember a critical timeout, out of which we needed a shot, and the camera cut to the huddle. There he is acting like a moron just like, "ummm....well...for this play...uh, I guess...for this play...ummm...why don't...why don't we have....uh, Elijah shoot it....derp...."
surly

Post by surly »

filler awaiting football season. people getting all excited about these old jocks is just silly.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

you get excited for people testing dirt quality.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:33 pm you get excited for people testing dirt quality.
Talk all the shit you want about k state, but they can test the fuck out of some dirt in manhattan
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:33 pm you get excited for people testing dirt quality.
I should be more excited for tbt. But I'm not, its just not that exciting to me.

I'm not defending being excited for dirt quality testing, but, in the grand scheme of things, its probably more important than tbt.
Just Ledoux it
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I was pumped when it was Selden, Dotson, Garrett, maybe someone else younger?

But yeah, despite them adding possibly my favorite all-time player (Rush), it's a lot less exciting. I think some of that was with the younger guys, they were probably the favorite to win it all. Not so much with the geriatrics.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We really have people on here defending competitions where you judge dirt over actual basketball.

On a Kansas basketball bored.

Jesus.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:36 am We really have people on here defending competitions where you judge dirt over actual basketball.

On a Kansas basketball bored.

Jesus.
Judging dirt is more important and possibly/probably more interesting than TBT. :shock:
Yeah, I said it too. :?
Add me to your list of Jesus inciters. ;)

Being completely serious (I was being kind of serious before)......

TBT is something I and probably 95% (or more?) of all the other people in the world have little to no interest in.
For those 5% (high estimate?) that do have an interest, good for them and I seriously mean that.
If something gives you excitement and joy and it doesn't hurt you or anyone else - fantastic.

P.S. I figure TBT has to be better than Big3. Right?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Feral wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:43 pm
I'm old enough to remember when it was called the "Field House", before it became "Henry Levitt Arena", in '69.

Had the good fortune of seeing Lanny van Eman, Dave Stallworth, Warren Armstrong, Carr, Levingston, and the X-Man play there.
Dang Feral! You are old! I played against Carr in high school BTW.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Testing dirt is more important.
Judging it in some collegiate competition is not.
And even if we are talking about testing dirt, to say it's more interesting/exciting than watching former KU players play actual basketball, as old as the players are and as useless as the competition may be ( and I agree it is useless ), is close to bannable.

Scenario.
You can get 1000 bucks in cash.
To get the 1000 bucks in cash you have to stay in your home all day ( or until scenarios A or B are finished ) on a Saturday and either:

A. watch four games of Mass Street TBT
B. watch eight hours of soil judging
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Is this the game day thread?