2024-2025 recruits

Kansas Basketball.
DeletedUser

Re: 2024-2025 recruits

Post by DeletedUser »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:13 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:45 pm Hunter said dumb things.

Hunter does dumb celebrations.

Hunter doesn't cause off court issues.

Hunter doesn't cause on court issues.

Hunter is going to be an All American at least once and maybe twice at KU.
I totally get why it's off-putting. And, when the team is skidding and you're bricking FTs, putting bad looks out there to say the very least.
I think Hunter is still learning how to play under the type of pressure you play under at a place like Kansas.

He choked. He knows it. But I think he'll learn from it and be a better player because of it.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I wonder if there's a separation here between those who really like and watch the NBA and those who don't, I don't know if that's the case or not, just a question.
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TDub wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:06 pm I wonder if there's a separation here between those who really like and watch the NBA and those who don't, I don't know if that's the case or not, just a question.
I barely watch it.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Great.
It’s not the same anymore to me so Hunter being an AA means so so much less.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I have watched maybe 15 Celtics games and 30 pieces of NBA this season.

I’ve watched probably 25 KU games ( less—just looked at our record—22? ) and 40 pieces of CBB this season.

Pieces meaning like a half or more in the background at least.

That’s the most NBA I’ve watched thus far and the least CBB. I’ll still watch the shit out of March Madness but when the NBA playoffs roll around it will easily surpass college this season.

It’s definitely going to fade ( CBB ) and unless there’s a drastic change towards what it used to be ( or in later stages tried to be ) it’s just gonna be like watching The Simpsons. It’s just gonna not be good anymore.

I see through the thin facade of pro sports with a college mascot. Just hard to let go of something you loved.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The biggest problem with NBA is a similar problem of CBB: MORE.

Bc the NBA has so many games, you can see when players just have decided it’s an off night or off first three quarters. They have to pace themselves. At least in CBB you don’t have that except if you’re getting paid 2 mill a year and you’re Hunter Dickinson.

If the NBA cut their season to 50-60 games to where each one meant more I think that would, at this point, be enough for me to say the NBA is better on a regular basis as something to watch than “college”.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:13 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:45 pm Hunter said dumb things.

Hunter does dumb celebrations.

Hunter doesn't cause off court issues.

Hunter doesn't cause on court issues.

Hunter is going to be an All American at least once and maybe twice at KU.
I totally get why it's off-putting. And, when the team is skidding and you're bricking FTs, putting bad looks out there to say the very least.

But I also see a guy who knows this is, for the basketball part of his life, probably as good as it gets for him (or, as he knows, for all but the tiniest handful of people to ever dribble a basketball).
That doesn’t excuse you from being a douche.

Thousands of young adults/college kids go through the same thing every year and don’t act like him.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Michigan fans were pretty shitty towards him for moving to a better school.

Now Kansas fans are shitty towards him.

I thought that was the kind of stuff Kentucky fans do to their players, not Kansas fans.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:22 pm They have to pace themselves. At least in CBB you don’t have that except if you’re getting paid 2 mill a year and you’re Hunter Dickinson.
I have seen NOTHING to make me think Hunter is doing what you're accusing him of doing.

In fact, it's KM who has the rumors swirling around him that he has opted out of games for the time being to protect his draft status and rest his nagging injury...but he takes no heat from you. Do you think KM transferred to KU for free? Hunter isn't the only one getting paid NIL money at KU.

Bill Self has NEVER tolerated guys who don't work hard and give full effort. I don't think he has randomly decided to abandon his standards for work ethic now. And I don't think the players who we KNOW are hard workers (DH and Kj) would embrace a guy who wasn't fully bought it to making the TEAM better and trying to win a championship.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Nice use of caps.
Really can feel the passion.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

🤐🤐🤐
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:15 am Nice use of caps.
Really can feel the passion.
*pours one out for blackmild*
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:06 pm I wonder if there's a separation here between those who really like and watch the NBA and those who don't, I don't know if that's the case or not, just a question.
I don't bother to watch NBA games until the playoffs. I might miss a few excellent games by doing so but it feels like the odds are that I miss games where one or more of the stars didn't play so the matchup didn't highlight what I would have wanted to see anyways.

Last night's NBA slate:
Cleveland vs. Detroit - no Donovan Mitchell
76ers vs. Charlotte - no Embiid, no Oubre
Dallas vs. Celtics - stars all played, 2 point game after 3rd quarter, should be a great finish, Celtics win 4th quarter by 26. Eh...
Warriors vs Toronto - looks like Gradey Dick is playing well but not tuning in to watch any game with Draymond Green in it
Portland vs. Memphis - no Ja Morant. Tell me how many guys of these 10 starters from this game you would tune in to watch: Toumani Camara, Kris Murray, Jerami Grant, Duop Reath, Anfernee Simons, Santi Aldama, Ziarie Williams, Trey Jemison, Jordan Goodwin, Vince Williams. I watch and follow a lot of college hoops and have only heard of I think three of those guys.
Sacramento vs. Minnesota - no DeAaron Fox, went to OT and was probably a good game.
New Orleans vs. Indiana - starts all played, Indiana won the 4th quarter by 9 so they "only" lost by 27.
Milwaukee vs. Chicago - no Zach LaVine, Greek Freak went for 46 and was probably fun to watch.
Clippers vs. Wizards- stars all played until Westbrook broke his hand. Wizards are a minor league team, never competitive at all in 25 point Clips win.

It's just not a product I feel like is worth putting my time into watching.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Agree that there’s a decent chance you’ll get a game with less effort and resting stars.

Just too many games I think.

But the bigger matchups still tend to be great watching.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Almost all those guys are injured.

They weren't just sitting out for fun.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

twocoach wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:58 am Tell me how many guys of these 10 starters from this game you would tune in to watch: Toumani Camara, Kris Murray, Jerami Grant, Duop Reath, Anfernee Simons, Santi Aldama, Ziarie Williams, Trey Jemison, Jordan Goodwin, Vince Williams. I watch and follow a lot of college hoops and have only heard of I think three of those guys.
Then you don't follow college hoops as much as you give yourself credit for.

Dayton, Iowa, Syracuse, LSU, didn't go to college but originally committed to Louisville, Loyola-MD, Stanford, UAB, SLU, VCU.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DeletedUser wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:27 am
twocoach wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:58 am Tell me how many guys of these 10 starters from this game you would tune in to watch: Toumani Camara, Kris Murray, Jerami Grant, Duop Reath, Anfernee Simons, Santi Aldama, Ziarie Williams, Trey Jemison, Jordan Goodwin, Vince Williams. I watch and follow a lot of college hoops and have only heard of I think three of those guys.

Dayton, Iowa, Syracuse, LSU, didn't go to college but originally committed to Louisville, Loyola-MD, Stanford, UAB, SLU, VCU.
I have Google and could have looked all those up, too.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

twocoach wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:59 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:27 am

I have Google and could have looked all those up, too.
Right?
Please.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Just helping out.

I didn't claim to know all of them off the top of my head.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

illy just helping out

:lol:
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?