Tucker Carlson

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: Tucker Carlson

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:18 pm
Sparko wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:15 pm Putin thought he was too stupid and daft. Tucker's handlers were embarrassed by how badly this came off. Career ender.
Ignorance is bliss I guess. Name a more popular journalist? Ill wait
"Popular" isn't the same as "good". Light beer is popular; it isn't good. McDonald's is popular; it isn't good. "Keeping up with the Kardashians" was popular; it wasn't good.

Look at all the stupid crap that Trump Humpers have made popular within their circle. None of it is good. Saying that Carlson is really popular is just a knock on his fans for liking a terrible journalist just because he says what they want to hear, not a sign that Carlson is a good journalist.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Tucky got dumped by his previous employer after being part of a defamation lawsuit that cost FOX $787M. And there were the embarrassing emails that came out as part of that document discovery.

If size of defamation settlements were the standard by which on air personalities were judged, then Tucky and Alex Jones are "the best", "the greatest".

Not sure that defamation/lies would be a positive measure of journalistic integrity for most of us. But Señor Randall and sQuirt's measures of most things are not how most of us judge success/vindication/truth.

One thing that no one will dispute, Randall and sQuirt are special.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Cassandra

Post by Cassandra »

It's not Tucker's fault that defamation lawsuits end up with these ridiculous sums that never should be. Winnings should be consistent with the person's potential earnings, which they never are. But beside that, Tucker is about 100 times more viewed than the entire mainstream media combined. It's awesome and hilarious at the same time. People always have to go elsewhere when the mainstream is fake.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

This makes my head hurt. When you believe the mainstream is fake, you turn to an admitted liar for the truth?
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

the best is that the “mainstream” is an ever-evolving, amorphous idea for any source that lobs (or randi, or whomever) doesn’t agree with

it has zero to do with truth, fact or reality
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Cassandra wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:16 am It's not Tucker's fault that defamation lawsuits end up with these ridiculous sums that never should be. Winnings should be consistent with the person's potential earnings, which they never are.
So put yourself in the shoes of the owner/founder of Dominion. I know that is hard to imagine from the basement of your in-laws, but try.

He had started a business and in 20 years he has built it into a $100M revenue business. Suddenly you become embroiled in a baseless conspiracy that causes you and your employees to receive death threats. You face the reality that your entire business could be worth nothing. There will be States/Counties that will break your contracts because, "they need to restore voters faith in the system" in spite of the fact that the lies have been proven to be lies over and over again. You will be losing valued employees. And a multi-billion $ corporation was amplifying these lies and knew it was spreading lies.

So what would be a reasonable settlement for them to pay to ruin a growing $100M company with a good future?
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Cassandra

Post by Cassandra »

"With a good future"

Fortunately, this year there won't be any lockdowns from an intentionally released bug and forced mail in voting. Without that, hard to see any future for that "company".
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

repeating nonsense a million times doesn’t make it true, numbnutz
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I'm just waiting for Taylor to be sworn in as president.
Defense. Rebounds.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Cassandra wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:04 pm
Fortunately, this year there won't be any lockdowns from an intentionally released bug and forced mail in voting. Without that, hard to see any future for that "company".
Did you vote before 2020?

The optical scanning of ballots predates covid and will be around a long time. That is what Dominion sells.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

japhy wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:21 pm
Cassandra wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:04 pm
Did you vote before 2020?

The optical scanning of ballots predates covid and will be around a long time. That is what Dominion sells.
Lobster is dreaming of a USA where ALL voting is done by in person paper ballot, in 12 hours.

White folks form a line to the ballots on the right, all others use the left line, through the one way door back out to the street.
Cassandra

Post by Cassandra »

You should ask which path you're on.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

And this tells us how much the Dominion settlement was inflated; not a jury verdict....a settlement, how?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

if you cannot produce the proper identification. you cannot vote.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Cassandra wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:38 pm You should ask which path you're on.
you should take your own advice, dipshit
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:52 pm
Cassandra wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:38 pm You should ask which path you're on.
you should take your own advice, dipshit
This
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:47 pm if you cannot produce the proper identification. you cannot vote.
Did the Founding Fathers even have any form of identification, which they required in the Constitution???

Oh, wait, they were White Men. Never mind.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

It is always about finding an extra way to suppress votes. Poll taxes to ID cards that they will also claim are not valid.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

you guys seriously believe you shouldn't need a valid ID to vote?
Just Ledoux it
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

zsn wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:45 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:47 pm if you cannot produce the proper identification. you cannot vote.
Did the Founding Fathers even have any form of identification, which they required in the Constitution???

Oh, wait, they were White Men. Never mind.
Trying...so...hard...
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto