huggs, goodness ...

Kansas Basketball.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: huggs, goodness ...

Post by DCHawk1 »

I'm just hoping that sensitivity training will clarify for him that 40 minutes of physical assault is NOT the same thing as "good defense."
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:00 pm I'm just hoping that sensitivity training will clarify for him that 40 minutes of physical assault is NOT the same thing as "good defense."
^^^^^LOL.

Maybe the referees need some training on what a foul is. Are you with me Sparko?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:00 pm I'm just hoping that sensitivity training will clarify for him that 40 minutes of physical assault is NOT the same thing as "good defense."
"When you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything."
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I just find it kind of funny that Huggy prefers to stay at WVU with his tail between his legs, and have to take a pay cut, and kiss ass, and pretend he is enjoying being "educated" by people he would otherwise never associate with - over getting a gig somewhere else such as...... Fox News?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

The $1 mil shouldn’t be an issue.

It might take a few weeks for the WVU alums to convert their stolen catalytic converters and Sudafed into cash though
surly

Post by surly »

Overlander wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 5:08 pm The $1 mil shouldn’t be an issue.

It might take a few weeks for the WVU alums to convert their stolen catalytic converters and Sudafed into cash though
the million is going to an lbgtq center.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I have a gay black friend. I have NOT asked him if he would he be more offended if I called him a fag or the N word.
I'm probably wrong but knowing HIM the way I do, I have a feeling this would be his response. There is a big difference between using a word as a term of endearment and using a word with malice. It's not always so easy to interpret intentions unless you know the context in which the words are used.
Huggins 100% used the word (more than once) to be demeaning/insulting. That's indefensible. Period.

As I mentioned a day or two ago, In his initial apology, Huggins didn't specifically apologize to the LGBTQ community nor did he specifically apologize to Catholics or Xavier students. That to me is the problem with HIS response - that he didn't make through his own personal social media accounts - but West Virginia University's social media account/s.
Therefore, I say fuck him and fuck the University for their bullshit nothing more than damage control apologies.
Clearly smarter people stepped in to help with the decisions in regards to Huggins future at the university and the "punishments" imposed on him but cynical me is questioning if I should believe their (the University's) sincerity.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

So...right now, WVU men's basketball makes a net profit of just over $2 million/year (not counting conference revenue sharing). If they were to fire Huggy -- even if they get out of paying any severance by proving that it was "for cause" -- it's likely that the program's national profile and profitability takes a hit, thereby doing damage either to other athletics programs or the University's general budget.

The question is whether or not that's worth the socio-political catharsis of firing him. I'm ambivalent about that, but then, growing up in Nebraska and going to school at KU, I'm spoiled by athletics departments that pay for themselves and distribute excess revenues to the schools' general scholarship funds.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:01 pm ...[t]he question is whether or not that's worth the socio-political catharsis of firing him. I'm ambivalent about that, but then, growing up in Nebraska and going to school at KU, I'm spoiled by athletics departments that pay for themselves and distribute excess revenues to the schools' general scholarship funds.
Time will tell as to the question.

And you might be a bit spoiled. In a good way.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:01 pm but then, growing up in Nebraska and going to school at KU
So much promise, when did it all start going downhill?
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

japhy wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:14 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:01 pm but then, growing up in Nebraska and going to school at KU
So much promise, when did it all start going downhill?
It's not a question of when but where: Faribault.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

a million bucks is a lot. Guess thats the going rate now. 500,000 per utterance of the f word? My high school (collectively)from the 90s wouldve racked up a billion by lunch.
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

TDub wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:20 am a million bucks is a lot. Guess thats the going rate now. 500,000 per utterance of the f word? My high school (collectively)from the 90s wouldve racked up a billion by lunch.
Yeah, I would be out many millions of $ in the 80s. The majority of things I and my friends didn't care for were "gay". Took me working at my mother's flower shop (with homosexuals) to realize saying it wasn't as cool as I thought it was.

Did you live in a town with a lot of Harley dudes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDsWZ0Jw3Ik
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

randylahey wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:25 pm
TDub wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 5:23 pm I like Huggins, hope this doesn't end his career....but it likely might.
Why should it? Such a soft ass country we live in. Somebody says the word "fag" and a 40 year career is maybe gone you think. There is absolutely ZERO reason he should lose his job over this lol. Not sure why anyone would even consider that

Who really gives a shit? Why is cancel culture and soft sensitive america such a thing
Good lord there's not a topic of conversation where you aren't a total and complete idiot.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

jfish26 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 11:26 am
Back2Lawrence wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 11:18 am How can one make the assessment from one incident that this is his character and principles?

That’s fucking gross.

Does huggy have a history of this nonsense? I don’t know.

I personally don’t really like him and have never followed his teams/accomplishments/etc.
Feel like I’m in bizarro-land here. This wasn’t a slip of the tongue. It wasn’t a private remark. It’s not something taken out of context.

If you say what he said, when he said it, where he said it, how he said it…then I think people can very reasonably determine that that just IS who you are. At best, you ARE someone comfortable with saying “fags” twice in 2023, knowing you’re on the radio.

Does that mean you should be shot into the sun, or jailed? Of course not. Does that mean you must be fired? No, not even that!

But if the university doesn’t fire him, then it just have to own what that says about the university’s values.
You are in bizarro-land. It's been funny to watch you try to reason with pdub when pdub is as dumb as randy. But there's no winning with him -- randy at least knows how stupid he is. Pdub thinks he's the smartest in the room. And everyone just has to pretend it's not the most absurd thing online.

Oh no don't ban me pdub!!!!11111
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Randall is hard
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If you are the same hasbeen from kusports and on, you'd probably owe West Virginia their entire athletic budget for the season for some of the things you have posted.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

As a KU fan, WVU holding on to Huggs is a good thing. But for the conference, his Timmay tendencies learned in Manhattan can't be good.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 12:40 pm As a KU fan, WVU holding on to Huggs is a good thing. But for the conference, his Timmay tendencies learned in Manhattan can't be good.
Eh. As much fun as dunking on KSU is, I don’t think Manhattan did this.
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

Feral wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 10:02 am
hoopla wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:59 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 4:56 pm

VGR!
"Non story. Nobody cares"
You speak for "fags" now?
what is vgr, gutter?
Thanks for asking.

Although, when the Urbane Dictionary didn't know either, I didn't feel as clueless.
np, and thanks to gutter for the response as well. #themoreyouknow