Where's the FL Gov Ron DeFascist thread?

Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Where's the FL Gov Ron DeFascist thread?

Post by Shirley »

Sparko wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:12 am The fascist movements worship violence. We are in the midst of such a movement because blaming others has such currency in fascist media.
There's a "Personal Responsibility Party" joke* in there, somewhere.

When you have no goals or policies to promote, everything starts to look like "Benghazi!"** to you.

*The "joke", was on us.

**And/or: a "death panel", "they want to unplug grandma", "take all our guns away", "lock us in FEMA Camps", "wasn't born here", "groom our children", et al.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I'll be biking through the whole state in a couple weeks. Guessing I will see him and a few others
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i hope he’ll have his white boots with him
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

japhy wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:37 pm Governor Meathead has his eyes in Iowa, fuck Florida.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ron-desantis ... 00929.html

https://www.yahoo.com/news/desantis-vet ... 00320.html
Such a small, sad, man. One would hope that a graduate of Yale and Harvard Law would show more imagination, that he'd have something better to do, than merely demagogue.

Considering who's paying not only for that crap, but also the million$ of dollar$ DeFascist and his fellow super-majority republican fascists have spent/appropriated for going to Texas...(I know, right? ____ing Texas!), to kidnap undocumented immigrants and engage in fraud to get them to agree to be transported to Vice President Harris' home or NYC or Chicago or Martha's Vineyard or wherever they're compelled to own the libs, I wish you wouldn't mention it.

tia

Pro tip Floreduh fascists: If you have to travel half-way across the country to find enough immigrants to make it worth your while to kidnap so you can demagogue about it, maybe it means you don't have "standing", should go back to victimizing the undocumented immigrants in your own state, or mind your own ____ing business?
________________________________________________________________________________

Ron DeSantis has some real problems. No, we are not referring to the fact that he trails Donald Trump in the polls or to his awkwardness as a retail politician. Far more concerning are the criminal referrals and investigations surrounding the DeSantis administration's relocation of migrants from Texas to Massachusetts and California—criminal investigations in which the Florida governor may have, through his own boasts, implicated himself.

Last September, a group of 48 mostly Venezuelan migrants who had surrendered themselves to immigration officials upon crossing the border—many reportedly seeking asylum—were put on planes and flown from Texas to Martha's Vineyard at the behest and expense of the DeSantis administration. It is alleged that the migrants were lured onto the flights with false promises of employment, housing, educational opportunities and other assistance. They were apparently provided with official-looking materials such as a fake agency brochure that created the false impression that the trip was part of the normal immigration process.

Of course, it was no such thing. To the contrary, it was a part of a political stunt engineered by Florida officials, evidently so that DeSantis could demagogue on immigration policy, which remains red meat for the MAGA base. We can infer that from the fact that DeSantis has repeatedly bragged about these events, making them a staple of his stump speeches, and has tried to justify the $1.5 million price tag paid by Florida taxpayers for the migrant flights and the $12 million line item in Florida's 2023 budget.

...Let's set aside the cruelty of exploiting vulnerable immigrants for political purposes. Worse still, the stunt was arguably criminal, and at least some of those involved appear to have been referred for prosecution by Texas law enforcement.

As one author of this article noted when the story first broke, Texas law criminalizes "unlawful restraint:" intentionally restricting a person's movement or moving them from one place to another without consent. The law expressly says that there is no consent where there was deception (as well as force or intimidation). DeSantis has said that the migrants went voluntarily, but this is hardly a defense if they were deceived in any significant way—such as about where they were going, by whom, for what purpose, and what would be awaiting them.

Texas also criminalizes the exploitation of children and the elderly, defined as illegal or improperly using someone for monetary or personal benefit. Children and elderly people were reportedly on board the flight to Martha's Vineyard, and the stunt certainly benefited DeSantis by gaining him media exposure...
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Cracks me up to no end that DeSantis’ hopes will die in utero because he’s too LATE to riding culture war waves to shore.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Silly me, living in a home 11' above sea level a couple of blocks from the Gulf, I always thought sea level rise would be THE problem that would ruin my resale value:

Today, Farmers becomes the fourth major insurer to pull out of Florida in the past year, as the state's insurance market looks increasingly precarious amid a growing threat from extreme weather.

https://twitter.com/MacyBuckner/status/ ... wsrc%5Etfw
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i saw that Disney has started ramping up its Cali investments

lol
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the propaganda machine is firing on all cylinders today.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

florida loves their governor.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:27 pm florida loves their governor.
Until the bill comes due, sure. But someone else will be in Florida's big chair by then, so the rule of the jungle says it'll be that guy's fault.

Right?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:24 pm the propaganda machine is firing on all cylinders today.
^^^

(This is brutal, but it couldn't happen to a more deserving guy. I mean, fascist.)

https://youtu.be/GkHbYE4TzPg
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:27 pm florida loves their governor.
Ha! Great sock work.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I'm relieved to see that Ron was willing to take a break from winning the republican primaries in Iowa and New Hampshire to respond to the growing insurance crises back in the state where he was elected governor. Ron has a plan!

"...knock on wood..."

https://twitter.com/HedyLamarr0629/stat ... wsrc%5Etfw
Anand Giridharadas
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

you are basically just a tweeter bot. let us know when you have an original thought.