Where's the FL Gov Ron DeFascist thread?

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Where's the FL Gov Ron DeFascist thread?

Post by KUTradition »

you shouldn’t talk about randy that way

you’ll get called a meanie
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:24 pm you are basically just a tweeter bot. let us know when you have an original thought.
Sorry, I'll try to remember to type slower so you'll hopefully be able to keep up.

#mybad

https://youtu.be/RIHI83uerv0
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

sigh…

https://www.thedailybeast.com/florida-s ... ack-people

Middle school students in Florida will soon be taught that slavery gave Black people a “personal benefit” because they “developed skills.”

After the Florida Board of Education approved new standards for African American history on Wednesday, high school students will be taught an equally distorted message: that a deadly white mob attack against Black residents of Ocoee, Florida, in 1920 included “acts of violence perpetrated against and by African Americans.”

Dozens of Black residents were killed in the massacre, which was perpetrated to stop them from voting.

According to members of the board, that distorted portrayal of the racist massacre is factually accurate. MaryLynn Magar, a member of the board appointed by Gov. Ron DeSantis, said at the board’s meeting in Orlando on Wednesday that “everything is there” in the new history standards and “the darkest parts of our history are addressed,” the Tallahassee Democrat reported.

The majority of the speakers who provided public testimony on the planned curriculum were vehemently opposed to it, warning that crucial context is omitted, atrocities are glossed over, and in some cases students will be taught to “blame the victim.”

“I am very concerned by these standards, especially some of the notion that enslaved people benefited from being enslaved,” state Rep. Anna Eskamani (D-Orlando) said, per Action News Jax.

“When I see the standards, I’m very concerned,” state Sen. Geraldine Thompson said at the board meeting. “If I were still a professor, I would do what I did very infrequently; I’d have to give this a grade of ‘I’ for incomplete. It recognizes that we have made an effort, we’ve taken a step. However, this history needs to be comprehensive. It needs to be authentic, and it needs additional work.”…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:13 am sigh…

https://www.thedailybeast.com/florida-s ... ack-people

Middle school students in Florida will soon be taught that slavery gave Black people a “personal benefit” because they “developed skills.”

After the Florida Board of Education approved new standards for African American history on Wednesday, high school students will be taught an equally distorted message: that a deadly white mob attack against Black residents of Ocoee, Florida, in 1920 included “acts of violence perpetrated against and by African Americans.”

Dozens of Black residents were killed in the massacre, which was perpetrated to stop them from voting.

According to members of the board, that distorted portrayal of the racist massacre is factually accurate. MaryLynn Magar, a member of the board appointed by Gov. Ron DeSantis, said at the board’s meeting in Orlando on Wednesday that “everything is there” in the new history standards and “the darkest parts of our history are addressed,” the Tallahassee Democrat reported.

The majority of the speakers who provided public testimony on the planned curriculum were vehemently opposed to it, warning that crucial context is omitted, atrocities are glossed over, and in some cases students will be taught to “blame the victim.”

“I am very concerned by these standards, especially some of the notion that enslaved people benefited from being enslaved,” state Rep. Anna Eskamani (D-Orlando) said, per Action News Jax.

“When I see the standards, I’m very concerned,” state Sen. Geraldine Thompson said at the board meeting. “If I were still a professor, I would do what I did very infrequently; I’d have to give this a grade of ‘I’ for incomplete. It recognizes that we have made an effort, we’ve taken a step. However, this history needs to be comprehensive. It needs to be authentic, and it needs additional work.”…
Echoes of a thread from another sub-bored.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:24 pm you are basically just a tweeter bot. let us know when you have an original thought.
Man the sock work is sublime. Almost Eastern European in quality
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Oh, look who needs to distract everyone from his total failure of a presidential campaign, and true to "conservative" republican principles like "small government", and "free market", and "let business be business" and "don't pick winners and losers", he's found yet another co. to single out for retribution.

Republicans are attempting to teach business a lesson, to not dare do anything they don't approve of, like support vulnerable people, or they'll make you pay.

How fascist of them. WTAF?

https://twitter.com/007__NIL/status/168 ... wsrc%5Etfw
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Sorry this is so late, but with so many republicans trying to suppress the vote, overthrow the government, render elections irrelevant, obstruct the peaceful transfer of power by disenfranchising large swaths of Americans, i.e., render the votes of hundreds of thousands if not millions of Americans null, hoard top secrets and share them randomly, rewrite history books in FL so that slaves are portrayed as having benefited from being held captive for three and a half centuries, attack the most vulnerable segments of our population because doing so makes them so Jesus-like, it can be a load.
A "load" of, fascism.

Fortunately, life is so gooooooood here in FL, the state where 4 insurance co.s have left or started limiting the policies they write, where the inflation level in some areas of the state is 3 times the national average, where "woke" goes to die and our gov with aspirations for the WH to compensate for his napoleon complex still has plenty of extra time to criss cross the country and concentrate on the issues Floridians care so deeply about:

https://youtube.com/shorts/QhJ7UosVch0?feature=share
Anand Giridharadas
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

LOL
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Next Gens will be flocking there to learn those mad slave skillz.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I bought some bud lite when the kerfuffle started. Terrible beer.
Defense. Rebounds.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

My friend used to buy Bud Light tall boys to catch snails*. I don’t think he would even lick his fingers if he spilled some on his hand!! It’s good for something!

*Pro-tip for gardeners: make a small depression in the soil and place a plastic bowl in it so that the rim of the bowl is at soil level. Fill the bowl with beer around sundown. Snails are drawn to the odor and end up drowning themselves.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

zsn wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:55 pm My friend used to buy Bud Light tall boys to catch snails*. I don’t think he would even lick his fingers if he spilled some on his hand!! It’s good for something!

*Pro-tip for gardeners: make a small depression in the soil and place a plastic bowl in it so that the rim of the bowl is at soil level. Fill the bowl with beer around sundown. Snails are drawn to the odor and end up drowning themselves.
And some garlic butter too?
Defense. Rebounds.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:42 pm I bought some bud lite when the kerfuffle started. Terrible beer.
You, 99, are a great American!
Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Feral wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:39 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:42 pm I bought some bud lite when the kerfuffle started. Terrible beer.
I wanted to support them, but.... yuck
Defense. Rebounds.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:12 pm
Feral wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:39 pm
I wanted to support them, but.... yuck
I went to Target yesterday to buy something I wouldn't have there, except for the Christo-fascist boycott.
Anand Giridharadas
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

jhawks99 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:40 pm
zsn wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:55 pm My friend used to buy Bud Light tall boys to catch snails*. I don’t think he would even lick his fingers if he spilled some on his hand!! It’s good for something!

And some garlic butter too?
But only until Christopher Ranch and Land O’Lakes don’t go all woke. Then you have to rely upon whatever comes out of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

From the time I signed onto the internet until recently, I thought anyone who resorted to invoking "Hitler" or "Nazi" was intellectually lazy, and had essentially conceded the argument. Sadly, due to rabid right-wing fascism and support of white-supremacy, I don't think that, anymore:

Godwin's law
The law states: "As a discussion on the Internet grows longer, the likelihood of a person/s being compared to Hitler or another Nazi, increases.

https://twitter.com/ChrisJustice01/stat ... wsrc%5Etfw
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I fully expect randy to post some tweet from someone he has never heard of to claim this is/was a conspiracy involving the Clintons and some liberal ____________________.

https://nypost.com/2023/07/25/ron-desan ... ee-report/
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Killary cut the break lines
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »