Where's the FL Gov Ron DeFascist thread?

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Where's the FL Gov Ron DeFascist thread?

Post by KUTradition »

i hope lobs is living it up
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Getting out of Florida takes guts. But I know some people in the underground. Food for two weeks. Polyester. And act entitled.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

would this be uncle joes inflation at work.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

nailed it

idiot
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

under bideneconomics the cost/price of everybody's everything has gone up. thanks uncle.

4 more years.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

It is true that Florida's governor has mismanaged the state by blaming Biden and doing stupid self-sabotaging things.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:03 am under bideneconomics the cost/price of everybody's everything has gone up. thanks uncle.

4 more years.
so why has florida gone up so much higher than everywhere else?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:42 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:03 am under bideneconomics the cost/price of everybody's everything has gone up. thanks uncle.

4 more years.
Almost like it's a bad plan to scare off teachers and healthcare workers, while alienating your most important business partners.

Really makes one wonder, also, about the wisdom of convincing your citizens that government is ineffective (when it's not being outright evil), right as private enterprise is figuring out that insuring homes in Florida is unattractive now (and on its way to being entirely untenable).
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:00 am
KUTradition wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:42 am

4 more years.
Almost like it's a bad plan to scare off teachers and healthcare workers, while alienating your most important business partners.

Really makes one wonder, also, about the wisdom of convincing your citizens that government is ineffective (when it's not being outright evil), right as private enterprise is figuring out that insuring homes in Florida is unattractive now (and on its way to being entirely untenable).
nah, it’s all Joe’s fault
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

It is Joe's fault for being president after the Trump debacle. Imagine cleaning up that mess? And since it is always Biden's fault, you can also blame him for not stopping Republicans from enacting disastrous policies and GOP grifting. Biden bought an expensive lectern for Huckabee too.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:34 pm It is Joe's fault for being president after the Trump debacle. Imagine cleaning up that mess? And since it is always Biden's fault, you can also blame him for not stopping Republicans from enacting disastrous policies and GOP grifting. Biden bought an expensive lectern for Huckabee too.
This is an open-ended question - I do not have an answer in mind.

If you were to recut the Constitution today, to be consistent with the original principles but recognizing how different the world is now, what would change?

I think there'd be a good argument that four-year terms are TOO tight; that period of time represented a pace of change, and average lifespans, that are outdated.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:41 pm
Sparko wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:34 pm It is Joe's fault for being president after the Trump debacle. Imagine cleaning up that mess? And since it is always Biden's fault, you can also blame him for not stopping Republicans from enacting disastrous policies and GOP grifting. Biden bought an expensive lectern for Huckabee too.

I think there'd be a good argument that four-year terms are TOO tight; that period of time represented a pace of change, and average lifespans, that are outdated.
If Trump wins in 2024, you can forget about things like "Term Limits" for the Presidency.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

.Ron DeSantis lied about COVID, but he didn’t lie enough

What with the planet ac­cel­er­at­ing its seem­ingly in­al­terable de­scent into mad­ness, the rel­a­tively ob­scure le­gal set­tle­ment of a years-long ar­gu­ment in mad­ness-prone Flor­ida this week didn’t get the no­tice it might have.

Based on the terms of the agree­ment, it looks like the gov­er­nor, the flail­ing pres­i­den­tial pre­tender Ron DeSan­tis, along with his flun­kies in the Flor­ida Depart­ment of Health, have been ly­ing about COVID statis­tics since at least June of 2021...

“The Depart­ment lied about the ex­is­tence of these pub­lic records in court and did ev­ery­thing to re­strict in­for­ma­tion and down­play the threat of COVID even while the Delta vari­ant ripped through Flor­ida — a de­ci­sion that cost many lives,” said Rep. Smith in a state­ment.

Prior to the ig­ni­tion of the Delta vari­ant that sum­mer, Flor­ida’s health de­part­ment rou­tinely fur­nished the pub­lic with de­tailed in­for­ma­tion on a daily ba­sis. But with the num­ber of cases mul­ti­ply­ing across the state and the gov­er­nor de­clar­ing “Flor­ida’s open for busi­ness!” the Depart­ment changed the way it was re­port­ing data to the Centers for Dis­ease Con­trol.

The new method made it ap­pear the vi­rus was in­stead de­clin­ing just as DeSan­tis was run­ning for a sec­ond term for gov­er­nor and keep­ing no se­crets about his White House am­bi­tions.

...All of this could be sloughed off as com­mon Flo­rid­ian slap­stick­ery if it weren’t for, you know, all the dy­ing. Some stud­ies have pos­ited that Flor­ida leads the na­tion in pre­vent­able COVID deaths, and DeSan­tis’s chronic vac­cine id­i­ocy has been no small con­trib­u­tor.

There is sig­nifi­cant ac­a­demic ev­i­dence that DeSan­tis is, in fact, not an id­iot, but his ap­proach to the COVID cri­sis has al­ways been purely po­lit­i­cal flim­flam. The Miami Her­ald, among oth­ers, has re­peat­edly nailed him on it.

“The vast ma­jor­ity of peo­ple hos­pi­tal­ized in Flor­ida – and the 87,141 who have died on his watch — had not been vac­ci­nated,” said the ed­i­tors. “The big­gest clus­ters of the dead were in red Pan­han­dle coun­ties where peo­ple lis­tened to his pan­demic mis­han­dling as if it were gos­pel.”

...You might con­clude that this kind of cra­ven du­plic­ity is so pun­gent that you could smell it all the way to Iowa and any­where else DeSan­tis had taken his doomed pres­i­den­tial cam­paign.

And you would be wrong about that.

Deep red Re­pub­li­cans don’t want a can­di­date who might have con­trib­uted to merely tens of thou­sands of deaths. They want a man some have said con­trib­uted to hun­dreds of thou­sands of deaths coast-to-coast: Don­ald J. Trump.

Stable ge­nius

Didn’t Dr. Deb­o­rah Birx, the Trump ad­min­is­tra­tion’s COVID re­sponse co­or­di­na­tor, tell the House Select Coronavi­rus Sub­com­mit­tee that 30 to 40% of COVID deaths in the U.S. could have been pre­vented had the White House taken ap­pro­pri­ate steps to curb the vi­rus in the early days of the pan­demic?

You re­mem­ber Dr. Birx, who sat par­a­lyzed by in­cre­du­lity as Trump asked her on live TV about us­ing “a very pow­er­ful light” as a treat­ment. “And then I see the dis­in­fec­tant, where it knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do some­thing like that?”

That’s the kind of sta­ble ge­nius who is crush­ing Ron DeSan­tis for the Re­pub­li­can nom­i­na­tion. DeSan­tis fully de­serves to be crushed, and that makes it not one bit less tragic.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

meanwhile, half a million in covid relief funds stolen by brower co. sheriff deputies
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:02 pm meanwhile, half a million in covid relief funds stolen by brower co. sheriff deputies
The grifting to the tune of $10s of millions of dollars by city officials in Miami...all of them!

You begin to think, the only public officials who aren't obviously on the take in Florida, are the ones who haven't been caught, yet.

...White-washing history, banning books, Neo-Nazis demonstrating all over Orlando and outside Disney, etc., etc., the Christo-Fascism is ardent, and never rests.

Yesterday morning at 5am, mid-October, the temperature was 83 and the "Feels Like" = 100. At 5AM!

I miss the midwest.
Anand Giridharadas
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

He's not really my cup o' tea, either, but if this is accurate, props...

https://twitter.com/MarcACaputo/status/ ... 3209930860
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

so, ronny lied about sending aid to Israel?

:lol:
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:32 pm so, ronny lied about sending aid to Israel?

:lol:
I heard right after his claim that what had actually happened was that DeSantis used Florida tax payer money to pay for a trip by a non-profit that was already arranging the flights out of Israel for Americans, as they've been doing for Americans in similar situations for a couple of years. But I wasn't in the mood to argue about it at the time so I didn't post anything about it.

Unfortunately, arcane concepts like "the truth" and "facts" are not high on the list republican voters care a lot about when it comes to choosing who they'd prefer to tell them what they'd like to hear...

And now, there's this:

Oct 27, 2023, 10:47 EDT
Ron DeSantis’s claim he sent military equipment to Israel unravels

Florida governor receives pushback for falsely declaring he worked with Israel’s consul general in Miami to send weapons

Ron DeSantis is receiving pushback from Israeli diplomats, Florida Democrats and the White House after he falsely claimed credit for a gun-running operation to assist Israel’s military operations in Gaza.

The Florida governor and 2024 presidential hopeful declared on Thursday that he had worked with Israel’s consul general in Miami to send military equipment, including drones, body armor and helmets.

His office, according to Reuters, said it had worked to “get weapons and ammunition to Israel through private parties” as part of his high-profile “rescue operation”. The operation involved sending humanitarian supplies on chartered planes and returning from Israel hundreds of US citizens who wanted to come home following the Hamas attacks.

His boast, however, started to unravel when Maor Elbaz-Starinsky, Israel’s consul general, told the news agency he had not asked for DeSantis’s help, and that the governor’s involvement was limited to smoothing paperwork requirements for a previously arranged shipment of “rifle parts” ordered by his government.

“I am not aware and would find it very, very bizarre to think that somebody is procuring weapons and sending it to Israel,” he said. “This is not how we work. And certainly not privately funded.”

DeSantis has made hardline support of Israel a prominent part of his flailing campaign for the Republican presidential nomination, pledging to turn away Palestinian refugees if he was in the White House, and expelling pro-Palestinian student groups from Florida’s university campuses.

He has called a special session of the Florida legislature for early next month to approve state sanctions on Iranian businesses and interests.

With other presidential contenders, he will attend a donor gathering of the Republican Jewish Coalition in Las Vegas this weekend. On Friday, he will deliver a speech on foreign policy at the Heritage Foundation in Washington DC.

[...]
Anand Giridharadas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.