Where's the FL Gov Ron DeFascist thread?

Ugh.
randylahey

Re: Where's the FL Gov Ron DeFascist thread?

Post by randylahey »

We already played that game jfish. Notice nobody is supporting you here. Not even your leftiest leftist friends are dumb enough to claim there were never covid mandates.

No clue where you live, but im betting your city and state had several of them
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

So…you are as good at identifying a single, specific mandate, as you are at describing the application of the First Amendment to Twitter, or describing the actual rights conferred by the Second Amendment.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

fish needs no assistance in putting clown shoes on randy

actually, randy does that pretty well on his own
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:51 pm fish needs no assistance in putting clown shoes on randy

I just want to talk about real, actual, specific things. Not broad, shadowy, goal-post-movey hypotheticals.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:54 pm
KUTradition wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:51 pm fish needs no assistance in putting clown shoes on randy

I just want to talk about real, actual, specific things. Not broad, shadowy, goal-post-movey hypotheticals.
tough to get past those amorphous, fear-mongering talking points to anything of substance
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:45 pm So…you are as good at identifying a single, specific mandate, as you are at describing the application of the First Amendment to Twitter, or describing the actual rights conferred by the Second Amendment.
Lets say you are from kansas? Governor Kelly issued mask mandates.

https://apnews.com/article/government-a ... fc6aa4f4fb
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

when all else fails. fall back on the fungus. there's bound to be one or two that still give a $#!t.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 1:08 pm
jfish26 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:45 pm So…you are as good at identifying a single, specific mandate, as you are at describing the application of the First Amendment to Twitter, or describing the actual rights conferred by the Second Amendment.

I would say that a mandate is a compulsory order to do something, as opposed to a condition for accessing something.

But let’s say that this was in fact a mandate. It was undertaken at the state level, and applied to “state workers and state buildings in those (84) affected counties, indoors where social distancing isn’t possible, and in public spaces such as hallways and bathrooms.”

Sort of how federalism is intended to work?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 1:16 pm

I would say that a mandate is a compulsory order to do something, as opposed to a condition for accessing something.

But let’s say that this was in fact a mandate. It was undertaken at the state level, and applied to “state workers and state buildings in those (84) affected counties, indoors where social distancing isn’t possible, and in public spaces such as hallways and bathrooms.”

I would say you should just take the L on this one.

Heres the dictionary definition
Mandate: an official order or commission to do something

There were thousands of mandates literally everywhere in this country. State, city, county level. Even business had mandates specific to their employees or customers
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

While we wait.

Opinion | DeSantis’s celebration of vigilantism is a new low in MAGA extremism

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... gilantism/
When Ron DeSantis defended Daniel Penny, the former Marine accused of killing a man suffering from mental illness on a New York City subway, the Florida governor didn’t just laud Penny as a hero. He also cast the law enforcement apparatus prosecuting Penny as presumptively illegitimate.

In so doing, DeSantis joined many on the right seeking to transform Penny into a martyr being punished by the “deep state” for supposedly defending civil order. But this is particularly sobering coming from DeSantis; it suggests the two leading contenders for the 2024 GOP presidential nomination — DeSantis and former president Donald Trump — are open celebrators of vigilante “justice."

[…]

The right in recent years has repeatedly portrayed vigilantes as heroic, and victims as deserving of death. Fox News valorized Edward Gallagher, the Navy SEAL accused by members of his own unit of killing multiple unarmed civilians, and Trump pardoned him. Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) vowed to pardon a man convicted for the 2020 murder of a Black Lives Matter protester; the killer had texted about his intent to kill.

And in 2020, Kyle Rittenhouse descended on urban disorder in Wisconsin with an AR-15-style rifle and killed two protesters. Conservatives could have argued that Rittenhouse shouldn’t have gone there but ultimately acted in self-defense, as a jury found. Instead, they celebrated him because he killed people. As Tucker Carlson enthused, “Rittenhouse went to Kenosha to clean up the filth.”

For some on the right, it is self-evident that Neely was mere “filth” that called for a “clean up." To them, the real criminals are the administrators of the justice system who are pursuing the superfluous exercise of determining whether violently ending his life was justified. As Tanenhaus bluntly concluded of the right’s campaign: “We’re really talking about lawlessness.”
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

randy trying to pull out the dictionary is LITERALLY the funniest thing i’ve seen today
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 1:33 pm

There were thousands of mandates literally everywhere in this country. State, city, county level. Even business had mandates specific to their employees or customers
But that’s the point. You will have a VERY hard time finding actual MANDATES. Actual “official orders … to do something.”

And where you do find them, they’ll either be (1) in the federal government’s capacity as an employer or landlord, or (2) at the state/local level (where most conservatives would argue, is the appropriate place for “mandates”, if any.).

There’s no such thing as a MANDATE by a business.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 1:35 pm randy trying to pull out the dictionary is LITERALLY the funniest thing i’ve seen today
Especially given that the definition he pulled to argue with me…is essentially exactly what I said it was.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

They called them mandates. The people issuing them LITERALLY used the word "mandate"

I think what you are trying to say is the mandates were illegal
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Which is ironic coming from you, because yes, the mandates were unconstitutional. Which is why so many of us were against them. Yet a lot of you argued for years that they were necessary, but here you are, now using that to deny that they happened
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 1:46 pm They called them mandates. The people issuing them LITERALLY used the word "mandate"

You gave one example and then ran away and hid from discussing it.

The overall point here is that you have been tricked into thinking something (a comprehensive vaccine or mask mandate) existed, that simply did not.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 1:48 pm Which is ironic coming from you, because yes, the mandates were unconstitutional. Which is why so many of us were against them. Yet a lot of you argued for years that they were necessary, but here you are, now using that to deny that they happened
Ok, surely unconstitutional mandates would have been challenged on legal grounds (their unconstitutionality). Show me some examples of how those challenges went?

Again, let’s TALK about real, actual, specific things. Not imaginary things.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 1:51 pm
randylahey wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 1:46 pm They called them mandates. The people issuing them LITERALLY used the word "mandate"

You gave one example and then ran away and hid from discussing it.

The overall point here is that you have been tricked into thinking something (a comprehensive vaccine or mask mandate) existed, that simply did not.
Apply that example. To every city, state, county you can think of. It happened every where dude. Just let it go. You're the one talking imaginary. People lost their jobs and businesses from mandates. We all know it happened
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

jfish26 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 1:39 pm
randylahey wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 1:33 pm

But that’s the point. You will have a VERY hard time finding actual MANDATES. Actual “official orders … to do something.”

And where you do find them, they’ll either be (1) in the federal government’s capacity as an employer or landlord, or (2) at the state/local level (where most conservatives would argue, is the appropriate place for “mandates”, if any.).

There’s no such thing as a MANDATE by a business.
Respectfully.....
You're Wrong.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.