Where's the FL Gov Ron DeFascist thread?

Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Where's the FL Gov Ron DeFascist thread?

Post by jfish26 »

Feral wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:09 pm I feel bad enough living here already, without it becoming "Mississippi".
Someone needs to walk Meatball through what will happen to Florida where there are no workers, no teachers, no mothers, no Disney and no higher education.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:17 pm
Feral wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:09 pm I feel bad enough living here already, without it becoming "Mississippi".
Someone needs to walk Meatball through what will happen to Florida where there are no workers, no teachers, no mothers, no Disney and no higher education.
Maybe, but considering the eminent threat immigrants, trans, gays, woke teachers and woke corporations pose to us here, going thru hurricane season without workers to repair our houses and clean up the debris, and not having fresh produce to eat, clean our own hotel rooms and eat in self-service restaurants on paper plates with plastic utensils, while homeschooling our kids seems like a small price to pay for owning the libs and the benevolence of our leader.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Now that I've had time to think about it, women in Mississippi do have a much more distinct accent than the women here, so that would be a plus.
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Feral wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:57 pm
Now that I've had time to think about it, women in Mississippi do have a much more distinct accent than the women here, so that would be a plus.
https://youtube.com/shorts/sFrbKOI5IEw?feature=share
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I have no idea what the breakdown is of where all the money in his state comes from but I do know some/a lot of it comes from the counties he's choosing to fuck. Hmmmm.

Sorry if already posted......

https://www.joemygod.com/2023/06/desant ... -counties/
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Just as it's an accepted fact that reality has a liberal bias, republicans are the party of God:

https://youtube.com/shorts/Ok9ToPMl3O4?feature=share
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

1 down, ~ 3,000 to go.

My tax dollars at work:

https://twitter.com/mtlawmiami/status/1 ... wsrc%5Etfw
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

From an Orlando Sentinel columnist:

https://twitter.com/Scott_Maxwell/statu ... wsrc%5Etfw
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Turns out our Fascist Gov has been busy today because, "small government" and "local control" party. And, "Freedum!":

https://twitter.com/tomaskenn/status/16 ... wsrc%5Etfw
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Catch-22 banned? That was my favorite book in high school. Loved it so much I named my first dog Yossi.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ridiculous....ban social media...encourage books...
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

TDub wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:17 pm ridiculous....ban social media...encourage books...
^^^^^^^^^
Defense. Rebounds.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:30 am
TDub wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:17 pm ridiculous....ban social media...encourage books...
^^^^^^^^^
It’s genuinely shocking to me that in my older kids’ schools (high school and middle school) they don’t even TRY to restrict phone access during the day.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:50 am
jhawks99 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:30 am
^^^^^^^^^
It’s genuinely shocking to me that in my older kids’ schools (high school and middle school) they don’t even TRY to restrict phone access during the day.
Oh man, the nuns would have beat us silly.
Defense. Rebounds.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

It's shocking to me that I have friends who live in Florida and they like DeSantis.
It's shocking to me that I have friends who CHOOSE to live in Florida and they HATE DeSantis.
It's shocking to me that I live in a country that is as fucked up as it has ever been in my 56 years - and I only see it getting worse in the future.

Hey - Happy 4th of July!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=car_3Nv3dtw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7K_6iWOt8w
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:06 am It's shocking to me that I have friends who live in Florida and they like DeSantis.
It's shocking to me that I have friends who CHOOSE to live in Florida and they HATE DeSantis.
It's shocking to me that I live in a country that is as fucked up as it has ever been in my 56 years - and I only see it getting worse in the future.

Hey - Happy 4th of July!

That a gun with the rate of fire in that video is available for purchase by the general public is astounding. Fucking, astounding.

smh

I don't know if we qualify as "friends", but one word: granddaughters

Otherwise, I'd be out of here in a KC second.
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Feral wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:15 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:06 am It's shocking to me that I have friends who live in Florida and they like DeSantis.

Hey - Happy 4th of July!

That a gun with the rate of fire in that video is available for purchase by the general public is astounding. Fucking, astounding.

smh

I don't know if we qualify as "friends", but one word: granddaughters

Otherwise, I'd be out of here in a KC second.
Problem is, as the video attests to, you're really not "safe" anywhere. I have an ex girlfriend who told me a couple of days ago that she feels safe in the suburbs. I asked her if those who were in Highland Park last July 4th who thought they were safe before the parade started - were really safe.

Yes, it is astounding how easily someone can LEGALLY purchase a gun such as the one that was used in Highland Park.
I have a close relative who is involved in politics who is working with prominent politicians to try and change that.

I'm not going to rehash my 4th of July last year in details but let's just say I saw blood on the sidewalk in front of my building from someone who was shot and then that morning/early afternoon I learned that a close friend's wife was shot in Highland Park followed by learning a family friend was shot and killed.

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The fascist movements worship violence. We are in the midst of such a movement because blaming others has such currency in fascist media.