Are we better than last year?

Kansas Basketball.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Are we better than last year?

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

So....
3 Hunter Dickinson related questions.
1. Some people feel he's kind of a dick. Is he less of a dick because he's a Jayhawk?
2. Is a brand new Hunter Dickinson UM jersey worth more or less today than it was 4 months ago?
3. If he is anything less than 1st team All Big 12 will he be considered a disappointment?

P.S. My answer to the thread title question is - Until the upcoming season is over. We're the same.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

1. slightly...but only slightly.
2. less?
3. barring injury, a resounding yes.
Just Ledoux it
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

5 years from now I will have forgotten that hd was once in a KANSAS uniform.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

unless he wins a title
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 12:07 pm So....
3 Hunter Dickinson related questions.
1. Some people feel he's kind of a dick. Is he less of a dick because he's a Jayhawk?
2. Is a brand new Hunter Dickinson UM jersey worth more or less today than it was 4 months ago?
3. If he is anything less than 1st team All Big 12 will he be considered a disappointment?

P.S. My answer to the thread title question is - Until the upcoming season is over. We're the same.
1) I assume that the people who think he is a dick are either fans of teams that played against him or fans of the team that he just left. Not exactly an unbiased slice of opinions to poll.
2) On the resale market? Probably, if reselling brand new jerseys of random college players is a way you want to try to make money
3) Depends on who the five are that finish ahead of him, his own play and the results of the team.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Need Braun-sized effort.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Maybe HD will learn some things from our coaching staff + Nijem that helps him up his game a little.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

pdub wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 7:56 pm Meh.
Indifference.
Kinda hope Hunter crashes and burns.
Never quite thot that.

I hope he gets a dose of grow-up, and helps us out. Becuz he sure could.

If he's a distracting jacka**? ride pine
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

ChalkRocker wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 5:46 pm
pdub wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 7:56 pm Meh.
Indifference.
Kinda hope Hunter crashes and burns.
Never quite thot that.

I hope he gets a dose of grow-up, and helps us out. Becuz he sure could.

If he's a distracting jacka**? ride pine
Except he can't ride pine because we lost both our talented big men because of him.

I don't want this to be a failure. But as of now I am thinking that's what it is going to be. Even pro sports don't see anywhere near this kind of turnover. It's an absolutely awful fan experience and my guess is it's going to crash and burn on the court as well.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If this doesn’t go well, it’s quite the risk from Self. I mean, he has a loooottttt of leeway but it could be very sour.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

2 returning players from a team that only had 3 guys move on to the next level. And we have a coach whose strength is NOT getting new guys immediately ready.

Even if we're more talented....I have much lower expectations. And my excitement level is about as low as it's ever been.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 9:26 pm If this doesn’t go well, it’s quite the risk from Self. I mean, he has a loooottttt of leeway but it could be very sour.
And that's the thing...if we'd kept everyone who's transferring plus the recruits, and had a bad year...it'd be easier to stomach than if we have a bad year after playing boggle with the roster.

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Holy shit, we’re not even to June yet and you guys are already melting down in midseason form.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 10:28 pm Holy shit, we’re not even to June yet and you guys are already melting down in midseason form.
Who's melting down?

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

PhDhawk wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 9:45 pm
pdub wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 9:26 pm If this doesn’t go well, it’s quite the risk from Self. I mean, he has a loooottttt of leeway but it could be very sour.
And that's the thing...if we'd kept everyone who's transferring plus the recruits, and had a bad year...it'd be easier to stomach than if we have a bad year after playing boggle with the roster.
Give me that scenario with McCullar returning. That’s a team I can fully cheer for.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

To answer this question...it doesn't seem like the fanbase is better (I'm not excluding myself, I'm very much in limbo as far as 'the new normal' goes).
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I think the fanbase is worse (myself also included)

but...I dont think it's necessarily unwarranted.
Just Ledoux it
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

oh, me either. tdub. some have (seemingly) already made judgment on all of the 'shenanigans' going on. As I've said for a few months now...it's icky to me, but who knows how my mind might change to it. Winning isn't the cure-all for me. That's nice, but this is taking core reasons many of us liked the sport(s) to begin with at this level.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

The people who don't like change don't like all this change.

The people who just want to see good basketball are just hoping we have some good basketball next year.

Things are upside down a bit right now but it will even out over time. I trust that Self is motivated and capable of figuring out this new landscape and will field a team that is fun to watch and successful.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

twocoach wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 12:24 pm The people who don't like change don't like all this change.

The people who just want to see good basketball are just hoping we have some good basketball next year.

Things are upside down a bit right now but it will even out over time. I trust that Self is motivated and capable of figuring out this new landscape and will field a team that is fun to watch and successful.

Self's teams get better as the season goes on...no doubt about that. I don't question his ability to have any group gel.

As far as good basketball...we were already getting it...regularly.