"Conservative" Republican Fascists & Christo-Fascisism

Ugh.
japhy
Contributor

Re: "Conservative" Republican Fascists & Christo-Fascisism

Post by japhy »

Shirley wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:20 pm
Owning 3 houses has to be expensive, so who needs a tax cut more than you?

I rest my case.
Your support is greatly appreciated, I don't tell you that often enough.

And seeing as I was sent by God, I think we can agree that one of those houses is really a house of the Lord. You are right, I should see about getting the Church of St Stevieboy registered with the State of Colorado so I can receive the tax exemption that I so richly deserve.

It's what Jesus would want.

And mushrooms, Jesus wants those too. I talked to the trampoline guys and they will tend them for me when I am out of town.

Which is a lot of the time, doing Jesus work and shit.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

At the time it didn’t register, but now…I know why I screamed “MY GOD!!!!” when I had my first bite of those mashed taters!
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

The Ohio Republican later spoke to CNN’s Manu Raju and urged the GOP to embrace a 15-week federal abortion ban with exceptions. “We can’t give into the idea that the federal Congress has no role in this matter,” JD Vance told CNN, adding, “Because if it doesn’t, then the pro-life movement is basically not going to exist, I think, for the next couple of years.”
And when "States Rights!" don't pan out....they pivot back to "Supremacy!".

Such a conflicted bunch of wankers.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

“The people didn’t want an abortion ban. But maybe if the people who the people elected can have their say…”
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

It is quaint to think of what they would call the legislation: defense of mothers in crisis act or some such. Fetal monitoring implants at 10 years of age until 55.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

https://ucchurch.org/wp-content/uploads ... ys-So_.mp3

1988. Still applies today for the philosophy for why Trump is successful. People want to be told exactly what to believe because they lack confidence in themselves and their own opinions.

There is a other one about dinosaurs and religion, and one on climate change. Still sadly apt today as well.
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Republican consultant Tim Miller goes all truthy on Kari Lake.

Tim Miller is an American political consultant and writer. He was a communications director for the Jeb Bush 2016 presidential campaign.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:24 pm Republican consultant Tim Miller goes all truthy on Kari Lake.

Tim Miller is an American political consultant and writer. He was a communications director for the Jeb Bush 2016 presidential campaign.
I think he speaks for a lot of us when he says, over and over again in essence, there’s a path here if you would all simply walk away from the crazy and the lies.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:49 am
Shirley wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:24 pm Republican consultant Tim Miller goes all truthy on Kari Lake.

I think he speaks for a lot of us when he says, over and over again in essence, there’s a path here if you would all simply walk away from the crazy and the lies.
sure, but first you have to think for yourself and acknowledge and admit that it's crazy and lies. That takes guts and is difficult, particularly when you've chased yourself so far down the rabbit hole that climbing out would admit defeat after defeat and repentance and apologies would be time consuming and consist of a long list of receiptents.

It's easier to plow forward along the path, convinced that you are right, convinced that all evidence is wrong, convinced that you are the sane and righteous and that all others are blind and lied to, manipulated. It's easy to stay on that path. It's much easier to get sucked down that path than it is to retreat.

(different subject, but see: Ousdahl).
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TDub wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:21 am

sure, but first you have to think for yourself and acknowledge and admit that it's crazy and lies. That takes guts and is difficult, particularly when you've chased yourself so far down the rabbit hole that climbing out would admit defeat after defeat and repentance and apologies would be time consuming and consist of a long list of receiptents.

It's easier to plow forward along the path, convinced that you are right, convinced that all evidence is wrong, convinced that you are the sane and righteous and that all others are blind and lied to, manipulated. It's easy to stay on that path. It's much easier to get sucked down that path than it is to retreat.

Absolutely.

All of which gets to one of the big-picture questions never far from the front of my mind: what exactly happens when those remaining on the path realize (whether or not the fever breaks) that national elections aren’t in play for them any longer?

I’m very, very concerned that we’ll end up with a country-within-a-country situation.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

…and psych, and randy…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:29 am

Absolutely.

All of which gets to one of the big-picture questions never far from the front of my mind: what exactly happens when those remaining on the path realize (whether or not the fever breaks) that national elections aren’t in play for them any longer?

I’m very, very concerned that we’ll end up with a country-within-a-country situation.
DEEP STATE!!!
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Today In: Why do republicans hate America?

Election denier, Christian Nationalist & Fascist Republican Speaker of the House Mike Johnson, who is 2nd in line for the presidency, and who supported Trump's coup attempt to end ~ 240 years of the peaceful transfer of power, like many republicans, appears to hate America.

Mike Johnson: ‘Depraved’ America Deserves God’s Wrath

IN AN OCTOBER prayer call hosted by a Christian-nationalist MAGA pastor, Rep. Mike Johnson was troubled that America’s wickedness was inviting God’s wrath.

Talking to pastor Jim Garlow on a broadcast of the World Prayer Network, Johnson spoke ominously of America facing a “civilizational moment.” He said, “The only question is: Is God going to allow our nation to enter a time of judgment for our collective sins? … Or is he going to give us one more chance to restore the foundations and return to Him?”

The segment was filmed Oct. 3, just weeks before Johnson’s unexpected rise to become speaker of the House. Garlow pressed the clean-cut Louisiana congressman to say “more about this ‘time of judgment’ for America.” Johnson replied: “The culture is so dark and depraved that it almost seems irredeemable.” He cited, as supposed evidence, the decline of national church attendance and the rise of LGBTQ youth — the fact, Johnson lamented, that “one-in-four high school students identifies as something other than straight.”

Discussing the risk of divine retribution, Johnson invoked Sodom, the Old Testament city destroyed by God for its wickedness with a rain of burning sulfur. Johnson is a polished orator, but in a closing prayer with Garlow he grew tearful. Johnson intoned, “We repent for our sins individually and collectively. And we ask that You not give us the judgment that we clearly deserve.”

Remarkably, this was not the first time Johnson brought up his fear of biblical retribution on a broadcast with Garlow. During a WPN appearance last December, Johnson likewise declared that he’d been “burdened” by the need for America to “recognize there’s so much to repent for.” The future speaker elaborated, “We’re violating His commands. We’re inventing new ways to do evil.” He added, “We have to ask ourselves: How long can His mercy and His grace be held back?”

The prayer calls underscore the new House speaker’s alarming alignment with Christian nationalism — the extremist movement that holds America is not a secular democracy but was founded as a Christian nation and should be governed to uphold a fundamentalist morality. They also provide fresh evidence of Johnson’s apocalyptic worldview, in which he sees America as existing in “disastrous, calamitous” times and “hanging by a thread.” It raises questions about whether the Republican, who’s now second in line for the presidency, is leveraging his power not just to avoid a government shutdown, but to appease an angry deity — and avoid a more permanent Heavenly Shutdown.

Pastor Jim Garlow is not a household name, but he’s a national figure. A Christian nationalist based out of the San Diego area, Garlow is viewed as an “apostle” within the New Apostolic Reformation, a strain of Charismatic Christianity that holds that gifts of the spirit — including prophecy — are not biblical bygones, but alive in our time. NAR differentiates itself from other strains of evangelical Christianity in its obsession with earthly power. NAR leaders embrace “dominionism,” the concept that Christians are supposed to rise and rule over “the nations,” in order to bring the globe into a biblical alignment, in preparation for the second coming of Jesus.

To Garlow, this transformation is to be achieved through the “Seven Mountains Mandate” — with Christians ascending to the tops of seven cultural mountains (also referred to as “spheres of influence”): religion, family, education, media, entertainment, business, and government. “We’re the ones called the disciple the nation,” Garlow has said, teaching on the concept, “and we disciple the nations through those seven spheres of influence.”

...In the prayer call videos, Johnson appears unfazed — in fact delighted — by the shofar-bleating theatrics featured on Garlow’s broadcast. NAR Christians not only fetishize the practices of the Old Testament, they believe in spiritual warfare — an ongoing battle between demons and angels that influences current events. Johnson speaks fluently in this faith language on the call. He salutes the “prayer warriors” in the audience, and calls for “supernatural intervention” from God, to “withhold the wrath of our enemies here on the Earth” and also to “restrain The Enemy, the one that prowls around like a roaring lion.” Johnson even offers a special shout-out for “all those who are leading out in the field, in their spheres of influence.”

Matthew Taylor is a religion scholar at the Institute for Islamic, Christian, & Jewish Studies, as well as an NAR expert who first highlighted Johnson’s links to Garlow. Taylor describes Garlow as “one of the frontline people for the NAR.” But he confesses it is challenging to know what to make of Johnson’s invocation of the movement’s argot. “Is he speaking the local vernacular when he’s hanging out with Jim Garlow? Does he really believe in spiritual warfare? I don’t know. Jim Garlow really believes this stuff.”

Taylor leaves open the possibility that Johnson’s embrace of NAR rhetoric may be more like religious pandering. “He seems to be signaling that he sees himself in affiliation or an alliance with them,” Taylor says, emphasizing that such outreach has paid off in the embrace Johnson has received from NAR leaders since becoming Speaker. “They very much see Johnson as somebody who is with them and their agenda,” Taylor says.

Now in his mid-70s, Garlow describes himself as having received a “governmental annointing” when he was just a child, and has long preached politics from the pulpit. In 2008, he played a leading role in promoting the passage of Prop 8 — a California initiative, rooted in anti-gay bigotry that for a time outlawed same-sex marriages in the state. In 2010, he joined on as chairman of a Newt Gingrich project called Renewing American Leadership, dedicated to “preserving” America’s “Judeo-Christian heritage.” In 2018, Garlow departed his megachurch to focus on a new project, Well Versed, a group dedicated to ministering to members of Congress and the United Nations. The ministry carries an overtly Christian nationalist message, insisting that politics “need to conform to God’s Word, since He is the one who established government and establishes nations.”

Johnson and Garlow are fellow travelers in many key respects — including in that they’re both unabashed Trump boosters and election deniers. Johnson first won office in the 2016 election, the same year Trump took the presidency, and infamously helped propagate the Big Lie about the 2020 election from inside Capitol Hill. Garlow was part of a small circle of pastors around Trump during his administration, even laying hands on the president during Oval Office prayer. In November 2020, Garlow penned an op-ed for Charisma News endorsing Trump, writing, “God has put him in this position at this time. We need to keep him there.”

In the December aftermath of that election, Garlow was the lead author of an open letter to Trump declaring that “God’s ordained assignment remains unfinished,” because “God’s will is for you to serve for a second term.” The letter concluded with a prophetic call for vengeance: “Mr. President, the Lord is telling you to pursue the enemies of our Republic. Our enemies are God’s enemies. And with the power of God and the global praying church behind you, you shall recover all that the enemies have stolen.” (Separately, Garlow was dismissing the ideology of the incoming Biden-Harris ticket as “anti-Christ, anti-Biblical to its core.”)

During this post-election period, Garlow began a series of “Prayer Calls for Election Integrity” seeking divine intervention to keep Trump in power. These calls became a “hub of gathering, radicalisation, and planning,” recalls Taylor. The calls included borderline-seditious rhetoric in advance of the unrest at the Capitol, including a call by then-Pennsylvania state Sen. Doug Mastriano for MAGA Republicans to “seize the power” on Jan 6.

Garlow’s calls never stopped when Biden took office. They morphed, instead, into a general-purpose Christian nationalist broadcast now labeled the World Prayer Network, centered on “the Transformation of Nations.” Despite regularly featuring GOP lawmakers, the online description of the broadcast insists it is not about Republicans vs. Democrats, insisting rather: “We ARE about God vs. Satan.” At the beginning of each call, Garlow says he’s seeking “biblical justice as opposed to social justice.”

[...]
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

under his eye
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I am wondering where my wife and sister are going to wind up in the "Republic of Gilead".

My wife is past child bearing...and my sister is infertile.

Off to the labor fields?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Overlander wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:07 pm I am wondering where my wife and sister are going to wind up in the "Republic of Gilead".

Off to the labor fields?
God's judgement is righteous and true always.
Especially when speaking through church leaders with acreage.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Has anyone seen Chip Roy’s rant about Republicans’ ability to govern (actually their lack of) and accidentally making Democratic campaign ads?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/chip-roy ... 8d699ec417
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

zsn wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:56 pm Has anyone seen Chip Roy’s rant about Republicans’ ability to govern (actually their lack of) and accidentally making Democratic campaign ads?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/chip-roy ... 8d699ec417
Yeah, I posted it in the "2024" thread. And, as your link shows in incredible detail, the commercials democrats are going to make based on it are already writing themselves.
Shirley wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:50 pm 1 Thing!
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Overlander wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:07 pm I am wondering where my wife and sister are going to wind up in the "Republic of Gilead".

Off to the labor fields?
My wife had a procedure this morning that will render (I suppose, has rendered) her infertile...and it was fairly obvious to someone who pays attention that the doc went out of his way to AVOID including any mention on the paperwork of a portion of the procedure that is now against the law in Missouri.

Thanks, god-squadders. Medical doctors can't even be honest.