NBA draft

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: NBA draft

Post by pdub »

Also I think most of us are old enough here to just say something like, 'kids these days'.

They think it's hilarious.
We don't.
That's how it goes getting old.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

pdub wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:24 pm
KUTradition wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:51 pm Drew Timme goes undrafted?

would not have expected that
Tshiebwe didn't either.
If Simien and TRob ain't making it in the NBA, those dudes aren't either.
I don't understand what makes someone an NBA player. Danny Fortson and Dennis Rodman made careers of doing nothing but rebounding - those days are done I guess. There are so many NBA players now that were meh college players. I just don't get it.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

pdub wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:51 pm Also I think most of us are old enough here to just say something like, 'kids these days'.

They think it's hilarious.
We don't.
That's how it goes getting old.
Although I'm too you to relate: ^^^.

And, one of the people who would stand to be impacted negatively the most, Bill Self, obviously didn't give a shit, so why should we?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Mjl wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:02 pm
I don't understand what makes someone an NBA player. Danny Fortson and Dennis Rodman made careers of doing nothing but rebounding - those days are done I guess. There are so many NBA players now that were meh college players. I just don't get it.
I've been wondering the same thing for years.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Self has to lean in to the Tik Tok dancing and social media lolz the keedz are all up in today.

He’s very well rounded that way.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

But looking less rounded in other ways lately
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

The NBA makes ZERO sense to me when these 3 were NOT drafted.

Oscar Tshiebwe = 28 points 18 rebounds in his last college game against KSU and was POTY 2022.
Adama Sanogo = 28 points 13 rebounds vs. Iona in the tournament and was the Final Four MOP.
Drew Timme = 36 points 13 rebounds vs. UCLA in the tournament and was a First Team All-American

I say there is NO FUCKING WAY any of those 3 players are/is less valuable to an NBA team TODAY (and possibly/probably in the future) than I'll say 25 players who were drafted.

P.S. I give the Pacers, Bulls, and Bucks an A+ for "stealing" what was basically handed to them on a silver platter.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
surly

Post by surly »

It is weird that players like Wilson go well after youngsters like Dick. KU's not good without the former last season. He carried the Hawks in so many games, while Dick showed then flamed. The league bets on super star development over proven talent assuming the later won't develop further, I guess. It's the NBA and yet another reason most of us don't bother watching.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Dick is 3 years younger, is more athletic and has a way better jumper.

Is Jalen better at basketball now?
No doubt.
Would a senior Gradey Dick be NPOY and score 23 ppg?
No doubt.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

surly wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:52 am It is weird that players like Wilson go well after youngsters like Dick. KU's not good without the former last season. He carried the Hawks in so many games, while Dick showed then flamed. The league bets on super star development over proven talent assuming the later won't develop further, I guess. It's the NBA and yet another reason most of us don't bother watching.
yer dum
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:49 pm
surly wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:52 am It is weird that players like Wilson go well after youngsters like Dick. KU's not good without the former last season. He carried the Hawks in so many games, while Dick showed then flamed. The league bets on super star development over proven talent assuming the later won't develop further, I guess. It's the NBA and yet another reason most of us don't bother watching.
yer dum
^^^
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

This post is a perfect example of a k state fan's bbiq: non-existant
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

If you had never heard of this kid you just MIGHT think you're better at Basketball than he is. Right?

https://twitter.com/Vator_H_Town/status ... 0867315714
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Damn, Wemby looks very light on his feet.

Like Denver, aren't we all about to have an increased interest in the Raptors now?

https://youtu.be/0tF5W4wwIso

ban?
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

2024 NBA Mock Draft: Latest 2-Round Predictions + Pro Comparisons

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/101 ... omparisons

17. New York Knicks (via Mavericks): Kevin McCullar Jr.
Previous mock draft spot: No. 17
School: Kansas
Nationality: American
Position: SG/SF
Size: 6'7", 214 lbs
Pro comparison: Bruce Brown
Kevin McCullar Jr.'s offensive versatility and defense point to an easy fit, which could overpower a team's concerns over his age, shooting and upside. A more reliable shotmaker and threatening playmaker compared to last year, McCullar should be able to play multiple roles with an adaptable game and the tools to guard multiple positions.

26. Oklahoma City Thunder (via Clippers): Johnny FurphyPrevious mock draft spot: Off the board
School: Kansas
Nationality: Australian
Position: Small forward
Size: 6'9", 202lbs
Returning to a bigger sophomore role at Kansas does seem reasonable for Johnny Furphy. But in a weaker 2024 draft, NBA teams may be motivated to sway more young prospects to improve this year's field. Furphy has come alive lately with a coveted combination of 6'9" size, shooting, athleticism around the basket and energy. Assuming the stroke is real, he seems very easy to project filling a role at the next level.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

At 26 it's an easy decision to return. He'll make more money at KU in that spot.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Johnny Furphy is a Lottery Pick Hiding in Plain Sight

https://www.noceilingsnba.com/p/johnny- ... ick-hiding