NBA draft

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: NBA draft

Post by pdub »

Toronto is a good spot to be, city wise.
Better than OKC.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Of all the Jayhawks who needed to wear a business suit and say he was ready to get after it, Dick was it. Maybe he'll flip a switch but he left a lot off the floor. He had such a nice start to his career.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

He didn't have a career at KU. He had a season.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

JKLivin wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:26 pm
ousdahl wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:16 pm No Dick pick yet.
Dressing like Liberace the Clown on the biggest night of his life? Can't imagine why teams would be reluctant to take him seriously. :shock:
my god. split 6s and double down on each...pile on the dumb!
Just Ledoux it
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Jalen doesn't go 1st round.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Not surprising but still a bummer
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I think there are several guys in the last 10 picks who are going to do quite well in the league.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Sparko wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:32 pm Of all the Jayhawks who needed to wear a business suit and say he was ready to get after it, Dick was it. Maybe he'll flip a switch but he left a lot off the floor. He had such a nice start to his career.
https://twitter.com/gifhawk2/status/1639044647824809984
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think I ( just barely ) won a bet somewhere on here ( vs illy? ) that Jalen Wilson would be drafted to the NBA.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

And Celts being petty and trading down for salary relief. Come on Brad.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Bill Self reacts to Gradey Dick, Jalen Wilson being selected in the 2023 NBA Draft, and, a fashion statement:

https://youtu.be/JHfhfPlIAtg
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

TDub wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:12 pm
ousdahl wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:16 pm No Dick pick yet.
Dressing like Liberace the Clown on the biggest night of his life? Can't imagine why teams would be reluctant to take him seriously. :shock:
Sorry my disagreement with Gradey’s sartorial choices strikes such a nerve, TDub. Were he my son, I’d tell him to wear a conservative suit and tie so that people are paying attention to his game rather than his clothes. Braun understood that last year, and it worked well for him.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:21 am

Sorry my disagreement with Gradey’s sartorial choices strikes such a nerve, TDub. Were he my son, I’d tell him to wear a conservative suit and tie so that people are paying attention to his game rather than his clothes. Braun understood that last year, and it worked well for him.
A goofy dork dressing like a goofy dork is not surprising. And Dick went in the lottery so it doesn't appear that any teams were scared off by his lack of fashion awareness. Any GM who drafts based on his clothes will be looking for a job soon as that's a ridiculous reason to take or not take anyone.

It's Ok to just say "he looked ridiculous, and I would have never chosen such an eyesore of an outfit". NBA players dress like idiots all the time in the name of "fashion"; it has zero bearing on their play on the court or whether a team will draft or sign them.
Last edited by twocoach on Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I’d tell my son to wear what he wants as he’s an adult but sure give him shit for that ridiculous choice.

Does Whitmore in Toronto compete for Dicks minutes or can they play together?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Yup. Doin’ Kansas proud . . .

https://www.si.com/.amp/extra-mustard/2 ... by-raptors

“Former Kansas Jayhawks standout forward Gradey Dick, who hilariously sported a “Wizard of Oz” inspired red suit adorned with a matching pair of red bottom shoes to the 2023 NBA draft, was absolutely roasted on social media after being selected by the Raptors with the No. 13 pick.”
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

In the video I posted above, Self said something like this when he was asked for his reaction:

"I was disappointed in him that he didn't wear the pants...He wasn't trying to be the best dressed guy, he was trying for the most social media hits..."
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I don't think its me whose nerves have been thunderstruck.
Just Ledoux it
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

TDub wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:53 am

I don't think its me whose nerves have been thunderstruck.
OK. Sorry for whatever I said that set you off. Have a good day.