Ron desantis

Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Ron desantis

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:38 pm he is worse than trump. he's a complete and total jack-off.

unfortunately the democrats are going to run a Joe again....who is worthless.

thank goodness we dont have more than 2 parties.....otherwise we might end up with someone halfway competent and ruin all the plans....
What are your problems with Biden?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

KUTradition wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:56 pm Image
Says the guy who brought us W and Trump and millions dead. His knees are filthy. Third party my ass.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Mjl wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 6:32 pm
Mjl wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 6:09 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:55 pm Be patient.

If someone like DeSantis wins the GOP primary, then we will have a third-party candidate. Guarantee it.
And if Trump?
Ohhhh, you're saying Trump would be the third party candidate?
Yes.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

TDub wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 6:17 pm

If someone like DeSantis wins the GOP primary, then we will have a third-party candidate. Guarantee it.
if that third party is putting Trump up as the candidate tho......thats not really a win. We need some variation, deviation from the line. Multiple deviations preferably, several candidates in the grey area between the extremes
Of course it's not a win. It would be a disaster.

But what else is new?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Feral wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 6:42 pm
TDub wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:38 pm he is worse than trump. he's a complete and total jack-off.

thank goodness we dont have more than 2 parties.....otherwise we might end up with someone halfway competent and ruin all the plans....
LOL
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

We’ve had third party candidates but would you really want George Wallace, Ross Perot or Ralph Nader as President? I think it’s as much an effect of experience and ideas as lobbying and money. That’s the lazy take. John Anderson was probably the person with the ideas and experience to be a serious contender. His lack of success may have been due to splitting the Republican and Democratic votes.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:35 pm
TDub wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 6:17 pm

if that third party is putting Trump up as the candidate tho......thats not really a win. We need some variation, deviation from the line. Multiple deviations preferably, several candidates in the grey area between the extremes
Of course it's not a win. It would be a disaster.

But what else is new?
absolutely and unfortunately accurate
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

zsn wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:51 pm We’ve had third party candidates but would you really want George Wallace, Ross Perot or Ralph Nader as President? I think it’s as much an effect of experience and ideas as lobbying and money. That’s the lazy take. John Anderson was probably the person with the ideas and experience to be a serious contender. His lack of success may have been due to splitting the Republican and Democratic votes.
yes yes...we know you dont want a third party.....whatever the democrats trot out there you will jump on the wagon and scream from the top of the transamerica pyramid how amazingly smart and brilliant that person is and how everyone who disagrees is a nutcase....we get it.
Just Ledoux it
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Where do you get all that???? Defensive much? I never ever said that I didn’t want a third party candidate. I just haven’t seen anyone serious in the years I’ve been following and studying about politics. Actually the last serious third party candidate was probably Teddy Roosevelt.

In some way, you need a candidate who really stimulates imagination and enthusiasm. While not an accurate example, Obama in 2008 had what it would take for a viable third party candidate. He went up against an extremely well known and well funded opponent (Hillary). I seriously doubt any lobbyist or moneyed interest took him seriously at the beginning - demonstrating that money is only a small part, at least initially. He built an almost-cult-like following, based on hope and prom. Whether or not it was justified, or how it all turned out is not germane to my point. What you need is someone who has interesting, positive and hopeful ideas. Remember that the establishment Democrats were backing Hillary! I haven’t seen it from anyone.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

where do I get all that? ive read your posts for a decade or more?

defensive? of what? I made no statements to be defensive of...
Just Ledoux it
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Hes a better fit for an assisted care facility
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

TDub wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:04 pm
zsn wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:51 pm We’ve had third party candidates but would you really want George Wallace, Ross Perot or Ralph Nader as President? I think it’s as much an effect of experience and ideas as lobbying and money. That’s the lazy take. John Anderson was probably the person with the ideas and experience to be a serious contender. His lack of success may have been due to splitting the Republican and Democratic votes.
yes yes...we know you dont want a third party.....whatever the democrats trot out there you will jump on the wagon and scream from the top of the transamerica pyramid how amazingly smart and brilliant that person is and how everyone who disagrees is a nutcase....we get it.
Lol wow tdub . You just summarized American politics
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 5:49 am

Hes a better fit for an assisted care facility
The frightening thing is so is #2 in line Kamala. Pubs should be harping on that too.
Something happened to that woman. Stroke? I don't know but she didn't used to have nearly as big of a problem trying to put together coherent sentences.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

If 60ish% of the country wasn't blindly loyal to a political party we wouldn't be in this mess

The hypothetical perfect candidate could run some year none of those people would vote for them if they weren't with the right party
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:35 pm
twocoach wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:03 pm
randylahey wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:50 pm

True but false. Literally all it would take is people just voting 3rd party. If the dems or Republicans get 0 votes they get 0 elected
That is not "all it would take" as there are a number of hurdles that would need to be cleared for that third party candidate to show up on your ballot in the first place.
namely money....lobbies and campaign funding.

if we could limit and better control lobbies we'd all be better off.
There's registration fees to get on the ticket. Some states have requirements that a candidate has to have petitions that have certain signature count requirements to get on the ticket. Most of the costs are so prohibitive that you'll just end up with another white billionaire running for that third party. There's debate rules that can be challenging. There's the fact that you are rarely going to get a more centrist choice as most third party candidates seem to be either left leaning or far left leaning. All that accomplishes is to dilute the Dem party candidate's vote.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

zsn wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:20 pm Where do you get all that???? Defensive much? I never ever said that I didn’t want a third party candidate. I just haven’t seen anyone serious in the years I’ve been following and studying about politics. Actually the last serious third party candidate was probably Teddy Roosevelt.

In some way, you need a candidate who really stimulates imagination and enthusiasm. While not an accurate example, Obama in 2008 had what it would take for a viable third party candidate. He went up against an extremely well known and well funded opponent (Hillary). I seriously doubt any lobbyist or moneyed interest took him seriously at the beginning - demonstrating that money is only a small part, at least initially. He built an almost-cult-like following, based on hope and prom. Whether or not it was justified, or how it all turned out is not germane to my point. What you need is someone who has interesting, positive and hopeful ideas. Remember that the establishment Democrats were backing Hillary! I haven’t seen it from anyone.
You'd need a TRUE Centrist who does not include the pollution of The Church in their platform. Financial reform, fiscal responsibility, personal freedoms and some environmental awareness without lunacy. And they'd need to be young but not too young, experienced but not establishment, etc.... AKA a person who doesn't exist. But if that person ever does exist, I'd vote for them, assuming they actually made it through to a primary or general election.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

twocoach wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:51 am
zsn wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:20 pm Where do you get all that???? Defensive much? I never ever said that I didn’t want a third party candidate. I just haven’t seen anyone serious in the years I’ve been following and studying about politics. Actually the last serious third party candidate was probably Teddy Roosevelt.

You'd need a TRUE Centrist who does not include the pollution of The Church in their platform. Financial reform, fiscal responsibility, personal freedoms and some environmental awareness without lunacy. And they'd need to be young but not too young, experienced but not establishment, etc.... AKA a person who doesn't exist. But if that person ever does exist, I'd vote for them, assuming they actually made it through to a primary or general election.
Sununu, if he gets in the race
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Mjl wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:58 am

He is one of a few that I suspect are sitting on the sidelines, letting both the R foodfights and the various Trump prosecutions play out a bit.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Mjl wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:58 am

I still think the lane for this is to be loud.

Someone needs to come out and say, “It is a virtual certainty at this point that Trump will be under multiple indictments at the critical phases of the 2024 general election. And you know what, while the justice system should run its course fairly and free from political influence, it seems more likely than not that Trump broke many laws and, more importantly, damaged both our national security and our collective faith in free and fair elections. Accordingly, I believe the time has come for the Republican Party to unite behind a new face, voice and principled optimism.”
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Fish2024!!
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?