Ron desantis

Ugh.
dolomite
Contributor

Re: Ron desantis

Post by dolomite »

Yep, sadly 3rd party nominee will guarantee either Biden/Trump win,(4 more lousy years).
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

dolomite wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 5:53 pm Yep, sadly 3rd party nominee will guarantee either Biden/Trump win,(4 more lousy years).
And a lack of a third party candidate would guarantee...
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Mjl wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:47 pm
dolomite wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 5:53 pm Yep, sadly 3rd party nominee will guarantee either Biden/Trump win,(4 more lousy years).
A lack of a competent candidates in the two parties would guarantee………..
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

zsn wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:24 pm
the mess we're in
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 2:27 pm

the mess we're in
What Biden policies do you have a problem with?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

This ought to be good 😀…….
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I am mad at the lack of chaos. I also loathe the economic stability and prosperity. And Russia on the ropes.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Feral wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 4:16 pm

the mess we're in
hes an old, bumbling, senile career politician that's been in office for 40 years and accomplished nearly nothing in that time frame. Hes switched his views to align with whatever best serves himself (as most politicians do) multiple times. He is neither, aggressive, nor intelligent, nor charismatic enough to steer the country through these rapids. He is not the man fit for the job....he wasn't when he was 40 hes not when hes nearly 80.
Just Ledoux it
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Sparko wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 7:28 pm I am mad at the lack of chaos. I also loathe the economic stability and prosperity. And Russia on the ropes.
Economic stability? Market is flat, inflation is high, real wages have been down the majority of his term, home and car buying are difficult due to interest rates, the FDIC has had to break its own rules to bail out depositors with failed banks... should I go on?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 7:47 pm

the mess we're in
hes an old, bumbling, senile career politician that's been in office for 40 years and accomplished nearly nothing in that time frame. Hes switched his views to align with whatever best serves himself (as most politicians do) multiple times. He is neither, aggressive, nor intelligent, nor charismatic enough to steer the country through these rapids. He is not the man fit for the job....he wasn't when he was 40 hes not when hes nearly 80.
I originally worded the question to ask about which of Biden's policies you had a problem with, but based on your previous comments, wondered if, without my prompting, you'd list any.

Thanks for answering that question.

If not Biden, then which democrat, because of their vitality and policies, do you think democrats should run instead, that you think can win in 2024?
Anand Giridharadas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Feral wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 11:43 am If not Biden, then which democrat, because of their vitality and policies, do you think democrats should run instead, that you think can win in 2024?
As I get ready for my transition from Methzoorah to Colorful Colorado residency, I am paying more attention to this dude. There seems to be a lot to like about the guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoeXG-81gn4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5an0NVStiSs
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Polis is Jewish.
Anand Giridharadas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Feral wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 11:43 am
TDub wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 7:47 pm

I originally worded the question to ask about which of Biden's policies you had a problem with, but based on your previous comments, wondered if, without my prompting, you'd list any.

Thanks for answering that question.

If not Biden, then which democrat, because of their vitality and policies, do you think democrats should run instead, that you think can win in 2024?

I need to do some more research to answer that with any real intelligence. but....Pete would be a much better choice than Biden
Just Ledoux it
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

TDub- Do you know who was the highest ranking official holding elected office that came out in favor of same-gender marriage? At a time when everyone, including Obama, was very cautious in how they phrased any response!
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

zsn wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 3:49 pm TDub- Do you know who was the highest ranking official holding elected office that came out in favor of same-gender marriage? At a time when everyone, including Obama, was very cautious in how they phrased any response!
I have no idea....but im not sure how that's relevant....I didnt say Pete was a good candidate because he's gay? who cares one way or another...
Just Ledoux it
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

the mess we're in
A while back I posted about Biden and some things he’s done that pissed me off.
I’ll go back and look it up and probably not be surprised to find even more.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

TDub wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:04 pm
zsn wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 3:49 pm TDub- Do you know who was the highest ranking official holding elected office that came out in favor of same-gender marriage? At a time when everyone, including Obama, was very cautious in how they phrased any response!
I have no idea....but im not sure how that's relevant....I didnt say Pete was a good candidate because he's gay? who cares one way or another...
It’s relevant because it’s someone you accuse of being unaccomplished and not bold among other things.

It was Joe Biden, when he was VP.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

zsn wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 6:33 pm
It’s relevant because it’s someone you accuse of being unaccomplished and not bold among other things.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... e-epiphany

this Joe Biden? the one who voted against gay marriage previously?

also...again its not relevant to the discussion we were having. But you do you.
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:13 pm

Which does nothing to change the fact that even now in 2023, republicans prove every day that there is no already-disadvantaged strata of society, no minority, no "other", be they gay, trans, Jew, Latino, Muslim, female, etc., etc., etc., that they aren't more than willing to objectify and attempt to make their already difficult lives harder, if it will gain them traction with aggrieved white bigots and benefit the already filthy rich members of our society.

Aren't we proud?

What a fucking country!

But, then again, Joe is old.
Anand Giridharadas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Feral wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:51 pm
TDub wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:13 pm

Which does nothing to change the fact that even now in 2023, republicans prove every day that there is no already-disadvantaged strata of society, no minority, no "other", be they gay, trans, Jew, Latino, Muslim, female, etc., etc., etc., that they aren't more than willing to objectify and attempt to make their already difficult lives harder, if it will gain them traction with aggrieved white bigots and benefit the already filthy rich members of our society.

Aren't we proud?

What a fucking country!

But, then again, Joe is old.
I mustve missed the part where I was promoting a current republican option.

This is why I get so frustrated with any of this stuff. Nobody can say anything remotely negative about anybody on your team (applies to both teams) without everybody popping up saying yea..well they do this, they did this, you want those guys?

No. No I don't. But I also think it's not unreasonable to point out that Biden is not the infallible, heroic figure that many of you are trying to will him to be.

also, thisnall stemmed from you asking me if not Joe then who? to which I answered i dont know is have to do more research but, at a minimum Pete would be better.....somehow that turned into.......this wonderful string of posts.

Refer back to my previous comments about zsn. rinse and repeat.
Just Ledoux it